Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Boubakary Soumare

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Don’t know why and I might be wrong but I think I remember seeing / reading that the decision was made to move away from the model following just missing out on the champions league for a second successive season and winning the FA Cup. That same summer we also had our highest net spend, buying Daka, Soumare, Bertrand and Vestergard if IRC 

Not disputing, just cannot recall such an article but you could well be right. I always took the lack of (out) business down to the global financial situation. Would not be the first time I would be wrong mind!  :)

8 hours ago, Noahfence said:

Convinced we signed him just because he was available and for pretty cheap rather than actually seeing a plan for him.

Even at the time of signing it wasn't really a priority position. We had other pressing matters but we made him top priority for some reason.

Bloke's an absolute dud. He's had one decent season in his career and by decent, I mean a functional player in a well organised side. The odd nice bit of technique has conned many.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

I think Enzo could develop him. I genuinely believe that. There is potential in him just needs the right guidance, coaching and system.

You can’t teach passion and commitment… that’s what he severely lacks.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Under Smith towards the end of the season, I thought he showed a lot more passion and commitment on the field compared to others. He was vying for man of the match with a couple of others on more than one occasion! Not only did I see and think it so did the radio commentary team. I think too often when a player bandwagon gets rolling, some supporters can't wait to leap on and refuse to notice when performances change.

When played out of position sporadically by Rodgers he was poor, however under Smith in a more suitable role I feel he flourished.

Whether Enzo could get a tune out of him I have no idea. However, I get the impression that he just wanted out of the club and like Kristiansen, I can understand why. I really do believe that there was some toxicity going on behind the scenes and that Enzo has addressed this ie conform, get fit, fight for the team or get out. Rodgers was a complete lemon 🍋

I remember he had one box to box run with the ball… not a great contribution in 2 years..

His positional sense and awareness for a central type midfielder was also woeful..

sooner he is sold the better..

and if you can somehow understand Soumare reasons for wanting to leave..then im sure you can definitely  understand fans reasons for wanting him gone from what they saw over 2 years.. it’s not about positions/managers..

running was an afterthought to this guy!

Edited by Rigga

Yep, ST holder..👍

I will agree maddison downed tools for sure..

Youri wasnt lazy, it’s Youri.. he would always try..

He would  run back after he had let his man go past him yeh (lack of awareness)

you are obviously a Soumare lover..

so can not take your opinion seriously tbh.

youve blamed managers, moving leagues, different positions… 

anyway let’s hope he’s gone asap 

On 09/01/2024 at 19:39, Rigga said:

Yep, ST holder..👍

Not a Soumare lover at all, I recognised his early faults, some perhaps down to his wrong deployment and lack of consistent game time, but gave what I thought were fair assessments of his latter performances.

Bearing in mind that to players it's a job and they're not supporters, I could also understand why Soumare and certain others couldn't wait to leave. I also can't think of many, if any at all of the one's that have left that, for the betterment of the club on the whole, we're not actually better off without!

It's a new dawn under Maresca and there's a more organised, disciplined, but also importantly, a keen and happy atmosphere back around the place. I get the impression that there's only one boss now and no cliques. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Not a Soumare lover at all, I recognised his early faults, some perhaps down to his wrong deployment and lack of consistent game time, but gave what I thought were fair assessments of his latter performances.

Bearing in mind that to players it's a job and they're not supporters, I could also understand why Soumare and certain others couldn't wait to leave. I also can't think of many, if any at all of the one's that have left that, for the betterment of the club on the whole, we're not actually better off without!

It's a new dawn under Maresca and there's a more organised, disciplined, but also importantly, a keen and happy atmosphere back around the place. I get the impression that there's only one boss now and no cliques. 

Bouba and Volpe sitting in a tree, K.I.S.S.I.N.G

• Haha 2

On 09/01/2024 at 12:19, Rigga said:

You can’t teach passion and commitment… that’s what he severely lacks.

To a point, you can. 

Plenty of examples across nearly all sports of a young athlete with the wrong attitude getting to work with the right coach and turning it around. 

I absolutely do believe that some people just don't have the right psychology to ever be an elite athlete, sure, but I do think it's probably too early to completely make that conclusion about Soumaré. Especially given we don't know exactly what is wrong with him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Got a feeling Sevilla wanted a sweetener to cancel his loan, which may have put the brakes on this.

Yep. 100%. They're just negotiating. 

He's hardly been vital to their season so far. 

• Like 1

On 09/01/2024 at 14:39, Rigga said:

Yep, ST holder..👍

Think this is a little bit harsh.

When Soumare came to us he was regarded as one of the hottest young talents in European football with a bright future ahead of him. For whatever reason it hasn't worked out for him and he hasn't played well at all. You cant underestimate the need for the right manager to nurture young talent. It wouldn't be wrong to blame Rodgers for a lot of what went wrong last season. If Soumare was the only player underperforming then sure, all eyes would be on him, but we had many who did and either all eyes should be on them or we look for a common cause. Maybe it can be a shared responsibility between the player and the manager.

Here's an article from the athletic that talks a lot about how highly regarded he was before coming to us and how PSG let him ' slip away' from their grasps.

https://theathletic.com/2697661/2021/07/09/boubakary-soumare-the-perfect-team-mate-who-psg-let-slip-and-has-been-compared-to-pogba/

Edited by MPH

33 minutes ago, danny. said:

There is definitely a player in there somewhere, he had flashes of brilliance a few times, just 99% of the time he was poor, unfortunately.

Guy doesn’t want work hard though…

don’t  care about the supposed talent..

when ya let ya opponents  run past you and then it clicks that you need to run… what chance do you have..

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MPH said:

Think this is a little bit harsh.

When Soumare came to us he was regarded as one of the hottest young talents in European football with a bright future ahead of him. For whatever reason it hasn't worked out for him and he hasn't played well at all. You cant underestimate the need for the right manager to nurture young talent. It wouldn't be wrong to blame Rodgers for a lot of what went wrong last season. If Soumare was the only player underperforming then sure, all eyes would be on him, but we had many who did and either all eyes should be on them or we look for a common cause. Maybe it can be a shared responsibility between the player and the manager.

Here's an article from the athletic that talks a lot about how highly regarded he was before coming to us and how PSG let him ' slip away' from their grasps.

https://theathletic.com/2697661/2021/07/09/boubakary-soumare-the-perfect-team-mate-who-psg-let-slip-and-has-been-compared-to-pogba/

As soon as I say above that he was compared to pogba… I didn’t need to read anymore .. another fraud… would you want pogba at your football club ?

I think there's a personality clash/ difference between what we wanted, and English football requires, and this guy. 

He's got every physical tool to be devastating in the EPL. He just doesn't have the personality. He lets runners go in defence. He doesn't close down. He doesn't make off the ball runs in attack.

Let him go back to Europe. We need grafting high energy players in our midfield now.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rigga said:

As soon as I say above that he was compared to pogba… I didn’t need to read anymore .. another fraud… would you want pogba at your football club ?

At the top of his game he was a great player.