Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Boubakary Soumare

Enzo to turn him into prime Yaya Toure as an 8.

I'm of course joking, even despite his capabilities at times, his lack of effort is hideous and I'd happily see us shift him out for close to nothing.

If we could sell him that would be incredible, gives us options to strengthen. He was a disastrous signing, not entirely his fault of course but it was a disastrous signing.

• Like 3

I thought he'd already left (Permanently)! lol 

The previous regime took it's toll on me and my interest was waning thus I have no idea who we've still got and who's left, the same goes for who is our player and who isn't! I'm getting there.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MPH said:

Sevilla don’t want to sign him? I mean… Napoli are a great team. All very interesting.

Sevilla's director of football is that nutcase visionary Victor Orta. Anything is possible there at the moment. 

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Guess following Enzo's comments in the presser, we can't do anything until we sell someone.... Bye Soumare!

Him leaving won't make a massive difference as it doesn't free a squad place. Iverson out at least gives room to register a player. 

Maybe if they can get money for soumare they could speed up the Abdul deal and get him singed up that would free up a loan space which would make good sense with wilf out get someone in short term to cover no.8 position 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Napoli have in the past paid vasts amounts for players. Not sure what their current financial situation is like but as recent Serie A winners and another season in the Champions League, it's got to be healthier than most.

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

they just received €24m for elmas so they have a bit of change lying around 

€8m for soumare €16m for their elmas’ replacement… sounds about right to me 

Why guess?  I looked up their accounts on swissramble.

napoliprofit.thumb.JPG.6074a9856f134b0a33dff17553521297.JPG

The bastardi avari have enough euros not to lowball us.

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Him leaving won't make a massive difference as it doesn't free a squad place. Iverson out at least gives room to register a player. 

Maybe if they can get money for soumare they could speed up the Abdul deal and get him singed up that would free up a loan space which would make good sense with wilf out get someone in short term to cover no.8 position 

Enzo was quite clear we have to sell players, rather than just make space in the squad.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I thought he'd already left (Permanently)! lol 

The previous regime took it's toll on me and my interest was waning thus I have no idea who we've still got and who's left, the same goes for who is our player and who isn't! I'm getting there.

Bit harsh on Dean Smith, John Terry and Craig Shakespeare that...

1 hour ago, SuperMike said:

:D

I reckon Sporting, Sevilla, Torino, Atalanta and Bologna get together for a little meeting to decide whose turn it is to take the P**S out of LCFC!

Do we then sit with Brighton, Ajax and Dortmund to do the same with Chelsea and Man Utd?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Enzo was quite clear we have to sell players, rather than just make space in the squad.

Yeah but selling a non registered player isn't gonna affect incoming without moving some squad players on. 

21 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Yeah but selling a non registered player isn't gonna affect incoming without moving some squad players on. 

Well it is, because if it was just getting rid of registered players then loaning players out would be an option. We named 4 goalkeepers in the 25 man squad and 1 has already gone. As it stands we've 1 space left. But it's not that, Enzo specifically said players need to be sold. We need the money.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SuperMike said:

:D

I reckon Sporting, Sevilla, Torino, Atalanta and Bologna get together for a little meeting to decide whose turn it is to take the P**S out of LCFC!

They must have heard Rudkin enjoys a bit of backdoor action..................

6 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The issue with selling players is FFP,  you can accept any old fee to get them off the books but the problem with FFP is if it’s lower than the current FFP book value of the player then it shows as a loss. For example if we paid £20m and offered Soumare a 4 year deal his transfer value depreciates by £5m per year, problem is after year 1 if you have signed a dud you need to recover a minimum £15m fee or it shows as a loss in FFP. 

This is the conundrum the club has had with moving on players, especially ones in the first couple of seasons with us, our valuations are being driven by the need to stay FFP compliant rather than being able to just get rid, take a loss and move on like you could pre FFP

Hopefully his FFP valuation will now be at a level we can do sensible business at and get him gone, not only bringing in cash and saving wages but also a positive in the FFP box as well. 

So anything over 5 mill I assume would be alright. I doubt we would get that though. Does this include add ons or just up front fees? 

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Well it is, because if it was just getting rid of registered players then loaning players out would be an option. We named 4 goalkeepers in the 25 man squad and 1 has already gone. As it stands we've 1 space left. But it's not that, Enzo specifically said players need to be sold. We need the money.

Think everyone knows we still need money. Infsct how much is available even on promotion will be interesting after clearly cutting our cloth accordingly last summer.

But it needs a combination such as iversen going along with soumare or squad players otherwise we are just stuck with a situation we're we are paying handsomely for players ro sit in the stand.

It will certainly be interesting to see how the squad is reshaped in this window. Because those that could attract offers are probably key to promotion and also many of those are available for nothing in 6 months anyway.

If nacho isn't seriously injured does someone in desperation but an offer on the table?

Getting rid of ward would be lovely but I can't see it happening, and Dennis leaving despite Enzo saying he's ideal for his no.8 role I think would help as he's just never fir. But with wilf now out does he stay?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marky mark said:

Ironically would his game be more suited to Enzo style of play now - saying that tho he’s shit 

get him gone 

After all this time, I am none the wiser as to what his game actually is :dunno:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DezFox said:

So anything over 5 mill I assume would be alright. I doubt we would get that though. Does this include add ons or just up front fees? 

No as his he was brought for 17 on a 5 year contact, which has 3 years to run so 17 ÷ 5 = 3.4 x 3 which is the remaining years on his contact = 10.2m 

If we sell for anything less, that amount show as a loss in this years accounts so sell for 5m, 10.2 - 5 = a 5.2m loss.

I suggest we are unlikely to take big losses on Soumare or Kristiansen as it will have a massive impact on the books.

In the Championship you can lose on 13m a year under the P & L rule (Championship version of FFP)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The issue with selling players is FFP,  you can accept any old fee to get them off the books but the problem with FFP is if it’s lower than the current FFP book value of the player then it shows as a loss. For example if we paid £20m and offered Soumare a 4 year deal his transfer value depreciates by £5m per year, problem is after year 1 if you have signed a dud you need to recover a minimum £15m fee or it shows as a loss in FFP. 

This is the conundrum the club has had with moving on players, especially ones in the first couple of seasons with us, our valuations are being driven by the need to stay FFP compliant rather than being able to just get rid, take a loss and move on like you could pre FFP

Hopefully his FFP valuation will now be at a level we can do sensible business at and get him gone, not only bringing in cash and saving wages but also a positive in the FFP box as well. 

Thanks for the explanation, obviously the savings in wages could offset losses on book value, but if this happening frequently for us it perhaps suggests a pattern of us setting book values too high for our players.