Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Boubakary Soumare

1 minute ago, Safestandingfox said:

Napoli have form for improving players who never looked like much, pace of Serie A you'd imagine would play to his err, 'strengths'

But it's an italian club. Have they got any cash. Or is it an incoming bid of £25.

9 minutes ago, sylofox said:

But it's an italian club. Have they got any cash. Or is it an incoming bid of £25.

We should be able to find some change for them! 

Joking aside, napoli will have more money than deadbeat torino in their lifelong pursuit of Praet

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I cannot see more than £5-8m at best which would be decent for us.

8m would be another Mavididi standard players so id be happy with that...

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

8m would be another Mavididi standard players so id be happy with that...

Yes exactly or knowing us we could use the money to get in a loan player and a permanent signing, would love us to sign Morgan Whittaker from Plymouth.

People will think i'm mad but I do think Maresca gets the best out of him. If the Sevilla loan isn't going well we should get him back for 6 months. I think he'd be superb as one of the 8s.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

People will think i'm mad but I do think Maresca gets the best out of him. If the Sevilla loan isn't going well we should get him back for 6 months. I think he'd be superb as one of the 8s.

Maresca seems to be able to get the best out of everyone the snidy bugger

Just now, MPH said:

Maresca seems to be able to get the best out of everyone the snidy bugger

I just think the role that he's moulded Ndidi into is literally exactly what Soumare is.

I should say that I don't see him being better than Ndidi but I think while he's out and while Soumare is still our player I think we'd be remiss to not try him in that position.

Obviously if he's got no intention of staying here then that's on him but if we're loaning him out with the view of reintegrating him next year then I think we should recall him while Ndidi is injured.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Would be interesting to see what he could do at this level I suppose.

Best if he just left though.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I just think the role that he's moulded Ndidi into is literally exactly what Soumare is.

I should say that I don't see him being better than Ndidi but I think while he's out and while Soumare is still our player I think we'd be remiss to not try him in that position.

Obviously if he's got no intention of staying here then that's on him but if we're loaning him out with the view of reintegrating him next year then I think we should recall him while Ndidi is injured.

id definitely prefer him getting games as opposed to Casadei.. if he is in our long term plans than absolutely get him back in but the longer he stays whilst having no desire to extend his contract will mean decreasing value..

Napoli have in the past paid vasts amounts for players. Not sure what their current financial situation is like but as recent Serie A winners and another season in the Champions League, it's got to be healthier than most.

33 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You know i think your right. He could be very good as a number 8. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I thought this at the start of the year. Theoretically, I think you're right on paper. I think Soumare has all the technical and physical attributes to shine in this system in that role. 

But he just doesn't seem to have whatever factor X he needs in terms of personality to make it work. I hate seeing footballers dismissed as "lazy" as I think a lot of the times it's overly simplistic and often complete rubbish but in his case he often seems lethargic, inconsistent and disinterested. 

I've never met him and I'm not a qualified psychiatrist but I'm not sure you need to be to recognise something is off with him. And yeah, Rodgers has a personality somewhere between David Brent and Patrick Bateman and maybe Enzo would have more joy getting through to him but Maresca has made it perfectly clear he only wants to work with players that want to be here and are committed and it's seemed like Soumare has been halfway out the door since May. 

If he and his agent still think he can do a job at clubs like Sevilla and Napoli, I don't see him doing a Daka and getting his head down and grafting and patiently, happily waiting for his chance. 

He's done here imo. I've made peace with it and I can't say I care anymore. 

He could go to Napoli for 2m tonight and I wouldn't lose sleep. I just wouldn't mind seeing him in what's clearly a very solid dressing room and under a clear motivator in Maresca.

• Like 2

they just received €24m for elmas so they have a bit of change lying around 

€8m for soumare €16m for their elmas’ replacement… sounds about right to me 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

Soumare is technically very good on the ball, and has experience playing in a double pivot. He might have been able to play the Harry Winks role in the team.

The biggest downside to our system for Soumare is that when we lose the ball, we look to recover it extremely quickly, we are clearly implementing the "8-second rule" Guardiola devised when losing the ball. Winks doesn't get that many tackles and interceptions stats wise, but in EVERY game we play, his defensive work is outstanding. As soon as someone loses it (let's be honest, it's rarely Winks that loses it), he busts a lung to get close to the opposition and crowd them out along with 2-3 other players. Soumare has always struggled in that aspect of the game.

Someone could get a tune out of him, but I don't ever see him becoming a French national team player.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Soumare is technically very good on the ball, and has experience playing in a double pivot. He might have been able to play the Harry Winks role in the team.

The biggest downside to our system for Soumare is that when we lose the ball, we look to recover it extremely quickly, we are clearly implementing the "8-second rule" Guardiola devised when losing the ball. Winks doesn't get that many tackles and interceptions stats wise, but in EVERY game we play, his defensive work is outstanding. As soon as someone loses it (let's be honest, it's rarely Winks that loses it), he busts a lung to get close to the opposition and crowd them out along with 2-3 other players. Soumare has always struggled in that aspect of the game.

Someone could get a tune out of him, but I don't ever see him becoming a French national team player.

The other thing our 8’s need is goal threat. 

Bouba has 1 goal and 4 assists in nearly 200 professional games. Maybe that could be taught, but I wouldn’t like to bet on it. 

• Like 1