Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Jack Clarke

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If we go up we are going to have to spend some decent money.

Yeah I agree but I imagine Clarke will be 25 mil plus and we will have a fair few players to sign.

Not for me - at the money they’ll likely be asking for.

Initially impressed, but more I have actually watched of Jack Clarke, the less impressed. Perhaps he’s reached his ceiling at Sunderland and needs a new challenge elsewhere (where he’s not the main man).

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Not for me - at the money they’ll likely be asking for.

Initially impressed, but more I have actually watched of Jack Clarke, the less impressed. Perhaps he’s reached his limit at Sunderland and needs a new challenge elsewhere (where he’s not the main man).

I like him but i like mavididi more. Clarke doesn't seem to have that explosive burst of pace that stephy has

• Like 3

Was disappointed with him when he came down here, thought he was poor where as Patrick Roberts was a real threat all game with his dribbling and pace.

He has potential for sure, but as others have said, not sure he’s significantly better than what we have already.

Can’t remember if Maresca stated it himself early in the season, but he likes his wingers to be impactful in 1vs1 situations, something that Mavididi & Fatawu excel at. Jack Clarke leads that statistic in the Championship by a considerable margin for 1vs1 dribbles, he also has a 63% success rate, one of the highest amongst Championship wingers.

He is exactly the type of winger that Maresca craves in his system. If he doesn’t get snapped up in January, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on our radar if we get promoted. Of course his Tottenham move didn’t go to plan, he could well be one of those players who is too good for the Championship, but not quite good enough for the Premier League. With the season he is having though, 12 goals so far, I think he’s doing enough to earn another shot at a Premier League move.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Can’t remember if Maresca stated it himself early in the season, but he likes his wingers to be impactful in 1vs1 situations, something that Mavididi & Fatawu excel at. Jack Clarke leads that statistic in the Championship by a considerable margin for 1vs1 dribbles, he also has a 63% success rate, one of the highest amongst Championship wingers.

He is exactly the type of winger that Maresca craves in his system. If he doesn’t get snapped up in January, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on our radar if we get promoted. Of course his Tottenham move didn’t go to plan, he could well be one of those players who is too good for the Championship, but not quite good enough for the Premier League. With the season he is having though, 12 goals so far, I think he’s doing enough to earn another shot at a Premier League move.

He's a good player but I do think he's being over hyped this season. Of his 12 goals, 5 are penalties. So he's scored less from open play and assisted less than Mavididi has this season.

We will need another left winger next season as either a standout improvement on Mavididi or competition, for the money Clarke will cost I'm not sure he'd be an obvious improvement so I'm not sure he'd be one to really pursue.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's a good player but I do think he's being over hyped this season. Of his 12 goals, 5 are penalties. So he's scored less from open play and assisted less than Mavididi has this season.

We will need another left winger next season as either a standout improvement on Mavididi or competition, for the money Clarke will cost I'm not sure he'd be an obvious improvement so I'm not sure he'd be one to really pursue.

A standout improvement would probably cost over £20 million, that kind of money should either go on a centre back or striker imo, an option as competition for Mavididi would probably be the route to go down, someone that wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg.

Don’t know how much Celtic would want for Luis Palma, but he fits the bill for Maresca’s style of wingers. A double swoop for him and O’Riley would be nice.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kingfox said:

A standout improvement would probably cost over £20 million, that kind of money should either go on a centre back or striker imo, an option as competition for Mavididi would probably be the route to go down, someone that wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg.

Don’t know how much Celtic would want for Luis Palma, but he fits the bill for Maresca’s style of wingers. A double swoop for him and O’Riley would be nice.

Micha Hamilton's contract up in the summer....

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Thank you. He has an impact but not much of an improvement if at all on our current wingers. Like that you’ve added the part about penalties as well as it’s often overlooked. Admittedly if he’s winning the penalties I suppose it makes a difference.

overall though an unnecessary potential addition which is probably more than likely why it isn’t a real link.

13 minutes ago, kingfox said:

I’d keep tabs on Lameck Banda of Lecce too.

He’ll be at AFCON with Daka 👍🏻

I notice Roger Fernandes at Braga is also out of contract. Not yet hit the heights expected of him after coming on the scene a few years ago but he'd be a calculated punt.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I notice Roger Fernandes at Braga is also out of contract. Not yet hit the heights expected of him after coming on the scene a few years ago but he'd be a calculated punt.

Not surprised he hasn’t hit the heights with a name like Roger for his age.

• Haha 2

Not for me. Admittedly, I have watched little of him, but he always strikes me as a one trick pony. Loves to come inside and bend one into the bottom corner, but surely Premier League defences will wisen up to this and show him down the outside?

Impressive numbers, but as Ric has said, 5 of his goals have come from penalties and I think he is no better than Mavididi (who I also question his potential to step up to the Premier League). Any signings that we make, need to strengthen our current line up and they're able to make the step up. This is why I would rather us wait until the summer, when we are more attractive to players.