Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Vardy’s miss vs Boro was worse and cost us the same amount of points. I imagine you won’t be forgiving Vardy either? 

Odd comment. We were two down at that point and he also scored later in the game. Daka had to chance to kill the game completely and ****ed it. 

• Like 2

Vardy’s miss vs Boro was worse and cost us the same amount of points. I imagine you won’t be forgiving Vardy either? 

This has been covered. Vardy has credit in the bank so it doesn't count.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why?

Just don't.  Recently won player of the month and has decent stats since coming into the side.  Overall game has improved massively, and improved us too, but is missing some premium chances. He is still a work in progress since coming back, and can continue to get better. 

But no, he's a donkey and doesn't deserve to wear the shirt again.

Vardy has done more for this club than Daka will ever do. Vardy is also 37 at the end of his career. Absolute no comparison.

Vardy was also running in with a defender on his heels against Middlesbrough. Daka had more time, and more time to think on Friday. Vardy would have buried Daka’s chance on Friday, especially with it being at Elland Road, and has been doing that for the past decade in big games. I cannot recall the last time Daka scored in a big game or against another good team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Just don't.  Recently won player of the month and has decent stats since coming into the side.  Overall game has improved massively, and improved us too, but is missing some premium chances. He is still a work in progress since coming back, and can continue to get better. 

But no, he's a donkey and doesn't deserve to wear the shirt again.

I have to, how else will they learn?  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Vardy has done more for this club than Daka will ever do. Vardy is also 37 at the end of his career. Absolute no comparison.

Vardy was also running in with a defender on his heels against Middlesbrough. Daka had more time, and more time to think on Friday. Vardy would have buried Daka’s chance on Friday, especially with it being at Elland Road, and has been doing that for the past decade in big games. I cannot recall the last time Daka scored in a big game or against another good team.

Vardy is one of the best strikers to ever grace top flight football.  But he's not even our best striker now and over the last 2 years has not converted high quality chances. He's great to have around, but I would be foolish putting my money on him converting that, especially the amount of ground Daka made up. There is no defending Daka's shot, i shouldn't need to. But it shouldn't be all that defines him following coming back into the team.

And he did score a perfectly good goal in the leeds game :) 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Comparing a miss is not the same as comparing the players. Nobody is comparing Daka to Vardy as players.

Edit As pointed out by @moore_94 the xG for Vardy’s miss was actually higher than Daka’s, but as I say, it’s the miss not the player being compared.

Edited by Dahnsouff

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Vardy is one of the best strikers to ever grace top flight football.  But he's not even our best striker now and over the last 2 years has not converted high quality chances. He's great to have around, but I would be foolish putting my money on him converting that, especially the amount of ground Daka made up. There is no defending Daka's shot, i shouldn't need to. But it shouldn't be all that defines him following coming back into the team.

And he did score a perfectly good goal in the leeds game :) 

It doesn’t define Daka. My point is big moments which is why I feel Vardy would have scored that alone. Of course I’m not claiming Vardy is our best striker anymore, but big players deliver in big moments and that’s what still separates Vardy from the rest.

When Daka scores in at least one big game then I will concede. But we’ve QPR next so no doubt Daka will score :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Comparing a miss is not the same as comparing the players. Nobody is comparing Daka to Vardy as players.

I responded to OP asking if someone was forgiving the player (Vardy) for the miss.

8 minutes ago, JimJams said:

In fairness Daka did deliver but the linesman issued a chargeback and the ref refunded the scoreline.

Good point. I still wouldn't feel confident in him being played through on goal in a big game though.

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Odd comment. We were two down at that point and he also scored later in the game. Daka had to chance to kill the game completely and ****ed it. 

Daka DID score his chance to win us the game but the ref disallowed a perfectly good goal. Don’t forget that part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

This is it for me. Daka scores tap ins against dross and that's about it.

• Haha 1

Daka has improved his game massively. His link up play and ability to drop deep has greatly improved since the start of the year. Usually Daka is a good finisher, but he has missed two great chances against Boro and Leeds - I am sure this will improve. We missed Daka's high press during the run up to Leeds first goal.

Edited by scinnell

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This is it for me. Daka scores tap ins against dross and that's about it.

He’s a goal poacher. That’s his job.  It takes more than just sticking your big toe out.  The positional awareness, the reading of the game and getting there before the defender or goalkeeper. The way he managed to get his foot up high and over the ball for the goal he scored was impressive the control needed for it too... It’s a big disservice to say he  scores ‘ tap ins ‘

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

It doesn’t define Daka. My point is big moments which is why I feel Vardy would have scored that alone. Of course I’m not claiming Vardy is our best striker anymore, but big players deliver in big moments and that’s what still separates Vardy from the rest.

When Daka scores in at least one big game then I will concede. But we’ve QPR next so no doubt Daka will score :)

I would say there’s a big doubt he will score