Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

That miss truly was appalling - that was the moment, right there, the clincher

the clincher should have  that second goal that was on replays, a clear and legitimate goal. Had that been allowed, as it should have been, no one would be talking about the miss 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

the clincher should have  that second goal that was on replays, a clear and legitimate goal. Had that been allowed, as it should have been, no one would be talking about the miss

Sorry but we still would…lol

It just wouldn’t be as big a deal.

Edited by NaijaFox

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

He has 7 in 10 and scored a perfectly good second goal for us tonight. Not forgetting he did brilliantly to create the first. 

Aside from that glaring error (which I’m fairly sure was supposed to be a lay off) he had a great game, especially in the first half.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

It was a pass ffs

Initially I thought this was facetious….

It wasn’t, but if it was then it’s an incredibly poor decision.

Daka had more a decent game overall…

But that miss was horrendous. Happens to even the best.

Some of these comments are very harsh on Daka. He's got 7 goals and 4 assists in about 10 games. Yeah, he missed a good chance tonight but he makes stuff happen with his pace, mobility and pressing.  Strikers miss great chances, look at Vardy last week, for example. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Vardy has to play if he’s fit.

Daka really is Akinbiyi esque. 

The touch, the finishing, the passing, it’s just not there. 

Cost us the last 2 games. Defend it all you like but he has.

If Cannon is on instead tonight we don't score the first goal and don't create anything like the amount of openings we did. There is more to football than just the bits you see in highlights. 

He has don't more to open up defences than any of our other strikers this season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Some of these comments are very harsh on Daka. He's got 7 goals and 4 assists in about 10 games. Yeah, he missed a good chance tonight but he makes stuff happen with his pace, mobility and pressing.  Strikers miss great chances, look at Vardy last week, for example. 

He did score a legit goal as well, he reacted brilliantly and no way was that offside. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Vardy has to play if he’s fit.

Daka really is Akinbiyi esque. 

The touch, the finishing, the passing, it’s just not there. 

Cost us the last 2 games. Defend it all you like but he has.

So Vardy's honking miss against Boro is glossed over then? 

Daka has been in the firing line for so long here and now that he's actually playing regularly and performing well on the whole, he still gets singled out for his mistakes.

The Akinbiyi comparison is so far off to the point where I'm getting suspicious about the nature of the criticism...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

Remember Daka's assist and wrongly disallowed goal too.

I’ve just got back in from the game so haven’t seen the goal back. Not that he could have missed, mind.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I’ve just got back in from the game so haven’t seen the goal back. Not that he could have missed, mind.

Of course he couldve missed. But half the work of the striker is being in the right place at the right time. Again, why this need to play Daka down? It's effing bizarre.

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

Well apparently he could have. Just please don't make him the scapegoat. It was a shit miss I agree (I think Ricardo should have taken a shot - he was on fire), but he's being wrongly called out - probably because Praet wasn't playing. 

4 minutes ago, shen said:

So Vardy's honking miss against Boro is glossed over then? 

Daka has been in the firing line for so long here and now that he's actually playing regularly and performing well on the whole, he still gets singled out for his mistakes.

The Akinbiyi comparison is so far off to the point where I'm getting suspicious about the nature of the criticism...

Didn’t Akinbiyi also squander chances where he’s done well to NOT hit the target similar to Daka in his last two games? I think Daka is a lot better than Akinbiyi of course but I can see the similarities regarding the glaring chances both have missed.