Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

On 25/02/2024 at 15:21, LCFCJohn said:

Great assist, got both defenders booked and had left the pitch with us winning. But yeah all his fault of course :dunno:

if the goal he scored counted (as it should have) the same people would be saying how great he is. 

The average fans fickle levels are atrocious 

• Like 2

On 25/02/2024 at 20:09, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He can look clumsy and fluff the odd sitter, but quite simply the team has functioned better as a whole with Daka leading the line, and the stats bear that out.

20240225_200334.png.f442ae97e4f7edcf53871ecaf75f0682.png

Daka has had 24 games canon was given a chance he did very well then Daka returns and without having to earn that spot back gets straight back in. I’m sure of cannon has another 16 games he would have better stats. So this table mean nothing 

Just now, Kp1984 said:

Daka has had 24 games canon was given a chance he did very well then Daka returns and without having to earn that spot back gets straight back in. I’m sure of cannon has another 16 games he would have better stats. So this table mean nothing 

I’m not sure that means 24 games now I look at it lol but he’s still had way more starts regardless 

What do the fans want Haaland playing for us. Even he has missed simple chances, but consider the number of chances he gets almost every game and has better players all around him. Also they have a mentality of winning whatever it takes. 

People forget and have short memories. Vardy took three years to become a regular and nearly quit the game. 

Maddison penalty against Everton last season. You’ve forgotten again. 

Football is a team game.  Note the word “team” If your mate is having an off day you pull him through the game and support him. He will know himself he is not having a good one. 

We have had a great season so far, so stop the self destructive. Daka go battered by the Leeds defenders, yet he just got on with it. 

Encourage and show support. It’s your club and your players. Make them feel positive and you are behind them all the way. 

Let’s win the Championship and develop players for the Premier League as we will only have limited spend for next season. 

There is a player in Daka and Cannon who could next season be the difference for us. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shen said:

One look above suggests he's easily better than Kel and Mav.

There are lies, dambed lies and statistics.

He will not do well in the pl.  I think mav could do. I dont expect nacho to stay... he will go for a signing on fee we will not match

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

There are lies, dambed lies and statistics.

He will not do well in the pl.  I think mav could do. I dont expect nacho to stay... he will go for a signing on fee we will not match

Good !!

• Sad 1

****ing shit

How's someone who didn't even buy into our project in the summer managed to become Enzo's first choice despite dropping shit performance after shit performance

How the **** is he undroppable when we've got Vardy, when we bought a new striker in Cannon, and we've still got Kele

He doesn't occupy defenders, he doesn't create space for others,he barely challenges for the ball or forces errors, he just offers very little. Cannon home, Vardy away. Tom's done very little wrong but 15 mins per game isn't exactly giving him a chance of effecting a game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Leads the press well but he needs service which isn't aimless looping crosses

Don’t think he did press particularly well today though. Other than one occasion where he came back just before he was substituted, he largely just occupied space today, his pressing, movement or general presence wasn’t particularly threatening and their defence had zero problems containing him or marching his runs. 

The looping cross thing is true, but I think that’s just how the game is developing. defenders have now grown up with tiki taka and have been developed from a young age now to be good enough to pack in tight and defend against short passing style and quick one twos and instead and force it into pretty ineffective U-shaped passes outside the box to the point where crossing is the only option. There’s a reason that Guardiola and Klopp are favouring the big number 9 who is strong in the air again now and abandoning the false 9s or goal poachers.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, KFS said:

I don’t blame the striker today. Zero service 

If anything should have stayed on with Vardy. When we need a goal you have to gamble. These like for like subs aren't getting us anywhere when Plan A isn't working

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Don’t think he did press particularly well today though. Other than one occasion where he came back just before he was substituted, he largely just occupied space today, his pressing, movement or general presence wasn’t particularly threatening and their defence had zero problems containing him or marching his runs. 

The looping cross thing is true, but I think that’s just how the game is developing. defenders have now grown up with tiki taka and have been developed from a young age now to be good enough to pack in tight and defend against short passing style and quick one twos and instead and force it into pretty ineffective U-shaped passes outside the box to the point where crossing is the only option. There’s a reason that Guardiola and Klopp are favouring the big number 9 who is strong in the air again now and abandoning the false 9s or goal poachers.

Personally I thought his pressing was fine but the issue was that the 8s couldn't give a shit, so it was too easy to play around Daka, and later Vardy, when they were the only ones chasing 

• Like 1