Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

Cannon has to start. He’s the best striker at the club behind Vardy. 

Daka’s not got the mentality to play against certain styles of play, when a team is aggressive and applies their aggression properly he can’t handle it.

He was embarrassing yesterday, running around like a headless chicken, and then couldn’t finish a chance put on a plate for him. 

I’ve had enough of him, bin.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, And Joachim goes throoough said:

He’s ****ing shite, I’d honestly say (not even joking) one of the worst players we’ve ever had

Ah, well then I know not to take your football opinions seriously.

• Like 2

He has no technique so we have to accept the odd glaring miss. He is however a poacher and natural goal scorer. 

I don't rate his overall game but it's fair to say he knows where the net is. It depends what you're looking for in a striker, someone who makes the team better and can bring others into play, or a poacher who will always be in the position to score sometimes at the detriment of the teams cohesion.

I prefer the former but that's not his game.

Daka rightly getting brickbats for his awful attempt when through. But let's not forget, we don't take the lead without him and had the linesman and ref been up to the job, he scores the second, which I think would have sealed it at that stage. His effort throughout was excellent. Ditto, Mavididi. Poor, poor miss, but he was a real danger and once he went, it allowed Leeds to go on the offensive much more easily. 

We’re a better side with him in the team but he also misses some absolute sitters which I think means people forget what he does for the team.
I think it’s understandable people are going to focus more on the miss at 1-0 in a game we lost rather than an assist. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He had a stinker with the chance to put the game to bed but i'm yet to see anyone comment on the header for the first goal.

Great header but a striker is on the pitch to score goals, and he missed the easiest chance of the game. Not hard to understand why people are frustrated.

Big players stand up and deliver in big moments. Vardy has been doing it for a decade. I can’t remember the last time Daka scored in a big game or against good opposition. Good job we’ve got QPR next.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Great header but a striker is on the pitch to score goals, and he missed the easiest chance of the game. Not hard to understand why people are frustrated.

Big players stand up and deliver in big moments. Vardy has been doing it for a decade. I can’t remember the last time Daka scored in a big game or against good opposition. Good job we’ve got QPR next.

Actually scored the easiest chance of the game that was wrongly given offside

• Like 1

I'm not going to pile into Daka. As I recognise the wider picture of what his energy brings to our attack. But boy for a 30 mil / international striker does he look crap at times. His hit reel of air shots, misses, tripping over etc. Would make painful viewing. Is it his basic technique being iffy? Or is it in the head? Not sure what the issue is. But there's some fundamentals missing with our Patson

When you are 1-0 up on with 10 minutes left you just shouldn't be losing football matches. I don't really care how many we misses or if the ref was shit or we were amazing for 70 mins, rule number 1 dont conceed 3 ****ing goals! Then you don't lose, end of. 

That is where the issue lies, it's more problematic because its the style and mentality of this group of players. Many of them have already proved when the chips are down they disappear. I would love desperately for them to prove me wrong. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

I like his effort and energy but his finishing is abysmal and it is costing us crucial points. Impact sub maybe, but he shouldn't be starting and I'm far from convinced he could ever be premier league starting standard.

• Like 2

The miss was a shocker, but stephys was just as bad and I don't see anyway saying anything in his thread. 

He buries that chance and he's had an incredible game. The miss does tarnish it, but let's not pretend he was crap the other 90 minutes. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Daka’s not got the mentality to play against certain styles of play, when a team is aggressive and applies their aggression properly he can’t handle it.

He was embarrassing yesterday, running around like a headless chicken, and then couldn’t finish a chance put on a plate for him. 

What has Cannon done to make people think he is a better player than Daka? Daka has shown far more this season than Cannon and it's not even close between the two.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

What has Cannon done to make people think he is a better player than Daka? Daka has shown far more this season than Cannon and it's not even close between the two.

As much as I criticise Daka, this is also true. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

The thing for me was the Daka miss was the culmination of loads of missed chances to finish the game, he scores that, we win

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Jesus man. He has a virtually flawless game until that sitter.

Cannon has definitely been harshly treated but I'd like to point out that Vards has missed lots of great chances this season and you certainly wouldn't get an all round performance of that standard from him these days.