Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

Give the lad a break. He’s clearly lacking confidence and he’s not a bad player by any means. He works hard for the team and yes he was poor. There’s no benefit in booing him. For me he should be on the bench at the moment but he’s going to have to rotate with Vardy because of the 3 games a week scenario. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Give the lad a break. He’s clearly lacking confidence and he’s not a bad player by any means. He works hard for the team and yes he was poor. There’s no benefit in booing him. For me he should be on the bench at the moment but he’s going to have to rotate with Vardy because of the 3 games a week scenario. 

I think we as fans have been VERY VERY patient with him.

Couldnt hear any boos towards him?

I can understand him struggling in the Premier League but someone of his alleged "quality" struggling at this level is ridiculous.

He should be smasing this level.

You think he works hard for the team?

I'd love a job with you as the Boss.

I've said enough about him in previous posts.

Would have LOVED him to succeed her( if for his chant alone) but he needs to break free for both parties as it's just not going to be a success for him at city.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Once again people desperate to put him down. His runs were good today, put in some good work with the linkup play but let down by the final decision from his teammates. Didn't press as much but that seemed to be a tactical decision as KDH and Ndidi didn't really join that and you can't press on your own, that's just chasing shadows. 

This miss wasn't great but it's a difficult chance with the keeper actively coming from it. A bad miss but no worse than Vardys on Friday.

Daka’s runs weren’t good today, his teammates all had excellent games around him and yet despite the chaos they were causing in the Norwich defence, he couldn’t find any position where he looked dangerous.Vardy showed him how to lead the line and how to press effectively despite only playing the last quarter of the game. Vardy got criticised rightly on Friday for missing lots of chances, Daka doesn’t get in a position to even have as many chances and when he does he tends to miss. 

6 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Once again people desperate to put him down. His runs were good today, put in some good work with the linkup play but let down by the final decision from his teammates. Didn't press as much but that seemed to be a tactical decision as KDH and Ndidi didn't really join that and you can't press on your own, that's just chasing shadows. 

This miss wasn't great but it's a difficult chance with the keeper actively coming from it. A bad miss but no worse than Vardys on Friday.

Not desperate to put him down at all.  For a couple of games in December  I thought he was finally going to hit a streak but since AFCON he's been AWOL again. I'd rather have Jamie out there missing 3 or 4 chances than him out there contributing nothing because at least Vardy is getting in a position to score. Like I said, I have issues with Nacho too but at least he drops deep to get involved in the build up.

People say it wasn't his type of game but I don't know what his type of game actually is, in 3 years he's been in tight games, open games been a starter and been a sub and his contribution is poor, no other word for it.

• Like 1

We need a striker that will either pull centrebacks apart with pace (Vardy still does this) or a target man who does it with physical strength. Daka for all the pace he’s meant to have doesn’t do the former.

It’s like when we signed Amartey, he looked rapid in his days in Denmark same with Daka in Austria but both seemingly lost their pace after joining us

• Like 3

I like him – he seems like a lovely bloke and I don't think his effort can ever really be questioned and, having seen some of the prats we've had jog about the pitch for us over the past few years, this isn't a given for everyone. Bracketing him in with Akinbiyi is unfair.

But I'm swaying towards trying to flog him at the end of the season while there's probably still some value in him. I don't think he's a terrible player, but I don't think he's particularly good, either. It just all feels quite loose and clumsy with him. The catch is that I think we look a much better side with him in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oxtonfox said:

Booing? Not a bit of it. I've heard Nacho booed onto the pitch about 3 years back but Leicester fans have given this guy an easy ride considering his poor return. In 3 years he really hasn't made the grade. There's only so many chances you can give a guy. He's clearly popular in the group and seems a nice guy but that's not the point. Needs a fresh start elsewhere IMO

Vardy, Cannon, Daka and Iheanacho. 

None of them are perfect for the Enzo systems let’s be honest. I do see a world where none of them are here next season. 

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

Vardy, Cannon, Daka and Iheanacho. 

None of them are perfect for the Enzo systems let’s be honest. I do see a world where none of them are here next season. 

That's 4 more players this amazing philosophy doesn't suit in a season we must just get up at all costs then. Brilliant. 

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

That's 4 more players this amazing philosophy doesn't suit in a season we must just get up at all costs then. Brilliant. 

Cannon was such a bizarre signing. He’s okay but he’s not exactly mobile and can’t press. 

• Like 2

No boos from where I was sitting today in SK2.

He’s had plenty of chances and he isn’t up to it. He has pace but that’s it. 

We are relying on 37 year old who is till better than Daka with more awareness and control. 

I would give Nacho a run in the team, he will always be better than Daka.

i assume Cannon is injured. There shouldn’t be any other resin to play Daka ahead of him. 

When Daka plays he gives me hope!

hope that I can still make it as a footballer and I’m 50! I’m a bigger goal threat than he is, and I’m sitting at home! I hate to say it but I’d rather any of the other 3 play the rest of the season. I think patience has now run out.

• Haha 2

When Daka came into the team before he went to AFCON he did more for this system than of the other strikers. He split defences and properly allowed the wingers to play their game.

I find it every difficult to understand the way some of you go at him. It isn't the first time it's been done with certain players. It's a bit disgusting to be honest. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

When Daka came into the team before he went to AFCON he did more for this system than of the other strikers. He split defences and properly allowed the wingers to play their game.

I find it every difficult to understand the way some of you go at him. It isn't the first time it's been done with certain players. It's a bit disgusting to be honest. 

I agree to a point but that effectiveness he brought to us which was badly needed at the time has now been replaced with a catalogue of gilt edged misses that cost us points and possibly promotion (not all on him of course).

Sadly the momentum he built has evaporated and the bloke so badly needs a goal it's unreal.

• Like 1

A good way to decide if a player is decent or not is asking yourself "are you worried if someone is gonna come in and buy him from us?"

He's got a cute smile and he runs, but he's an absolute car crash with the ball. It's a shame as I really wanted him to do well and become our main striker,, but in all honestly we'd be lucky to get £15m for him. I'm old fashioned but I do like my strikers to be able to kick the football with a degree of technique and power.

• Like 1

On 25/01/2024 at 08:51, Finnegan said:

I mean look the entire thing is completely subjective semantics isn't it but personally, yes, as somebody asked a few posts back - I do absolutely think a club should and does only a few genuine legends per generation. Anything beyond that and you're just watering down the term and over using it. 

Andy King for me is the dictionary definition of a cult hero. He's a player who is enormously popular with the fan base (hence some of the very strong reactions to what people perceive to be me hating on him, which I disagree with. I love Kingy) but whose popularity significantly outweighs his talent and impact on the pitch. 

However much I like Andy King, I'm sorry I roll my eyes every time one of you desperately point out his trophy cabinet to justify his legend status. You know absolutely full well that if he wasn't in the Premier League and Championship winning squads that we'd have won those things anyway. His playing time was fairly low in the Championship and nearly non existent in the Prem. Yes, I'm sure you can remember the odd time he came off the bench in a key win and did OK but let's be realistic. Compared to Vards, Kasper and Wes he's just a footnote in that story. 

If you take sentiment out of it you've got an average player who was effective in League One and in our first season back in the Championship and then faded from prominence. If you take sentiment out of it and you don't still have a player who was absolutely essential to the success of that era, you don't have a club legend you have a cult hero. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It still makes him one of our absolutely most beloved and I'm not trying to take that away from him. I'm just saying we very much over use the word "legend." 

All of you moaning that I'm disrespecting King, frankly, to claim King has had the same impact at the club that Vards, Wes or Kasper has had and deserves the same label is disrespecting three of the best players in our history. 

Now before this gets out of hand, can we all come together, join as one, sing Kumbaya and agree Kelechi Iheanacho isn't a club legend. 

This is spot on 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree to a point but that effectiveness he brought to us which was badly needed at the time has now been replaced with a catalogue of gilt edged misses that cost us points and possibly promotion (not all on him of course).

Sadly the momentum he built has evaporated and the bloke so badly needs a goal it's unreal.

His “success” in the team also coincided with playing some pony teams.

IMG_3443.thumb.jpeg.e07e651789c3ece6bff2633d108c9b35.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Cannon was such a bizarre signing. He’s okay but he’s not exactly mobile and can’t press. 

Have we seen enough of the guy to really assess what he is capable of? I personally don't think so, but may be wrong... 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

7 hours ago, William Luk said:

He needs to be responsible for the lost goal.

Please see the attached photos and click the link below(00:03).

https://youtu.be/C_c9_tI_g34?si=66ILQU_DywtRNsT5

signal-2024-04-01-23-15-00-542.jpg

signal-2024-04-01-23-15-39-663.jpg

signal-2024-04-01-23-15-53-276.jpg

I think KDH is responsible for the goal too.

Daka was caught ball watching in no man's land.

How KDH let that player push him all the way out of the box I'll never know.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Even when he had an opportunity presented to him after a Norwich backpass header, he seemed confused what to do and in the end just knocked it out for a goal kick.

You're better than this stan, he didn't seem confused what to do, he literally just got to a back pass before the keeper and had to take a bouncing ball first time. You'd want to see him hit the target but it's not the easiest of chances

• Like 2