Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I’ve just got back in from the game so haven’t seen the goal back. Not that he could have missed, mind.

And I totally understand your anger. We shouldn't have lost that match. It's natural to try and find a reason why the superior team lost. I choose to blame the ref (he's not one of ours, and shouldn't be one of theirs). And thank you for your support - the away fans were loud on the TV. (Armchair fan)

Edited by trabuch

8 minutes ago, shen said:

Are you being serious? 

Daka has 1,22 G+A per 90 mins this season.

It was 0,6 in the previous two seasons.

Akinbiyi had roughly 0,24.

It's just insulting to compare them

Akinbiyi missed sitters and unfortunately in back to back games Daka has missed complete sitters at vital points in the game.

Obviously Daka is a much better player but I think it’s only a soft comparison in regards to Daka’s recent misses. I don’t think there’s anything to be suspicious of.

18 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

The amount of flack given for a striker on 7 goals and 4 assists on a club full of bottlers…I have to ask, if he were white would he be getting this much hate

You're trying to open a can of worms here...

Daka simply has to be putting these chances away. It’s just way too many now.

when it happens in big important games where we need those goals to take the advantage it’s essential. If Daka wants to be more than he is this is a pivotal moment for him to figure it out as only he can. Maybe all our players need the old sports psychologists back as something is not right and we are in real danger of blowing this season if they allow it. They have to snap out of it and finish this season off.

too much is at stake

Funnily enough his finishing was immaculate (4goals against Moscow) when he first came, it was his all round game that was rubbish. Now that has improved and his finishing is rubbish. He just can't seem to score unless its 2 yards out or it's a pen. God knows what's happened to him.

1 minute ago, jmono84 said:

Akinbiyi missed sitters and unfortunately in back to back games Daka has missed complete sitters at vital points in the game.

Obviously Daka is a much better player but I think it’s only a soft comparison in regards to Daka’s recent misses. I don’t think there’s anything to be suspicious of.

He's missed two chances! I mean, come on! Are the same people forgetting Mavs sitter a few moments prior to Daka as wel

Kramaric is a far more recent example of a striker, who in terms of ability and price tag is far more comparable to Daka. Like Akinbiyi he is remembered as a striker being particularly wasteful. I could start reeling off Leicester strikers not being clinical and hitting wayward shots, but why should I? It's absurd in the first place.

14 minutes ago, shen said:

You're trying to open a can of worms here...

I’m really not. I just can’t figure out any statistical or logical reason for the irrational amount of sh*t he gets from our supporters compared to others on the squad who ACTUALLY continue to stink up the pitch. We were spoiled by prime Vardy. We likely won’t see a player like him at his peak in an Leicester shirt again in our lifetimes.

Daka will never be Vardy. But he’s not trash. He’s the best striker currently in our first team. Show me stats that say otherwise. He certainly doesn’t deserve the slagging he gets on here week in and week out, while he scores goals, assists, and does all the little things that make players around him better. Does he miss sometimes? Sure. If he didn’t, he’d be playing in the Prem for a top 6 club! 

I would encourage the Daka haters to come off FT and check out other footballing social media. There are plenty of supporters of other clubs that would love to have him. 

Basically, he’s not peak Vardy or Harry Kane, but he’s more than serviceable in the Championship and he’s helped win us a few games. He’s nowhere near as bad as some would like him to be, no matter how many times you say it. 

Edited by ConnFoxUS
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, shen said:

Are you being serious? 

Daka has 1,22 G+A per 90 mins this season.

It was 0,6 in the previous two seasons.

Akinbiyi had roughly 0,24.

It's just insulting to compare them

9 goals in 2805 mins (31 full 90s) in the prem in 00/01

Edited by HankMarvin

1 minute ago, ConnFoxUS said:

I’m really not. I just can’t figure out any statistical or logical reason for the irrational amount of sh*t he gets from our supporters compared to others on the squad who ACTUALLY continue to stink up the pitch. We were spoiled by prime Vardy. We likely won’t see a player like him at his peak again in our lifetimes.

Daka will never be Vardy. But he’s not trash. He’s the best striker currently in our first team. Show me stats that say otherwise. He certainly doesn’t deserve the slagging he gets on here week in and week out, while he scores goals, assists, and does all the little things that make players around him better. Does he miss sometimes? Sure. If he didn’t, he’d be playing in the Prem for a top 6 club! 

I would encourage the Daka haters to come off FT and check out other footballing social media. There are plenty of supporters of other clubs that would love to have him. 

Basically, he’s not peak Vardy or Harry Kane, but he’s more than serviceable in the Championship and he’s helped win us a few games. He’s nowhere near as bad as some would like him to be, no matter how many times you say it. 

Well I can't deny the thought crossed my mind too. With the numerous examples of racism being rife in football in England, I am sure it has a tangible effect on how some players are judged.

Then again, it seems to me like (English?) football fans have a nasty habit of being harsh against their own academy players too (Chilwell, Mattock, Schlupp, KDH, McAteer, Choudhury, Barnes etc all spring to mind). 

Then you have Vestergaard who's still getting lots of stick despite maybe being our player of the season.

All this tells me that fans are generally extremely critical and often hateful too. It's bizarre that the same people are called 'supporters'.

• Like 1

Totally understand that Daka is causing defenders problems and has certainly contributed since getting more games, but I really do think Cannon is a striker that will likely put away these chances. I'd like to see him start some games again. Missed chances cost us the game tonight  (+ref!), so we should roll the dice and give Cannon some games. 

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

9 goals in 2805 mins (31 full 90s) in the prem in 00/01

I was going by his club stats on Transfermarkt (13 goals, no assists? in 4869 minutes, i.e. and average of 1 in 4)

16 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

I’m really not. I just can’t figure out any statistical or logical reason for the irrational amount of sh*t he gets from our supporters compared to others on the squad who ACTUALLY continue to stink up the pitch. We were spoiled by prime Vardy. We likely won’t see a player like him at his peak in an Leicester shirt again in our lifetimes.

It doesn’t matter what colour his skin is, people can have different opinions. I’m not saying he deserves abuse either, but for the “fantastic stats” it could be argued he has failed to score in 6 of his 12 starts and has only scored against teams in the lower half of the table excluding Watford 11th. Something you would hope from a striker that was purchased for 30m and brought for the division above.

22 minutes ago, shen said:

Well I can't deny the thought crossed my mind too. With the numerous examples of racism being rife in football in England, I am sure it has a tangible effect on how some players are judged.

Then again, it seems to me like (English?) football fans have a nasty habit of being harsh against their own academy players too (Chilwell, Mattock, Schlupp, KDH, McAteer, Choudhury, Barnes etc all spring to mind). 

Then you have Vestergaard who's still getting lots of stick despite maybe being our player of the season.

All this tells me that fans are generally extremely critical and often hateful too. It's bizarre that the same people are called 'supporters'.

Your mentioning of Vestergaard made me think that perhaps another factor could be people’s unwillingness to admit they were wrong, or that players can come good. I wanted to send Vesty to Siberia last year, and while he’s still slow and a real life Easter Island statue playing top flight football, he’s certainly played much better this year. 

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

The situation with Daka is not dissimilar to Darwin Nunez at Liverpool. I think he's a net positive on the whole but he can have some moments where you can't excuse him.

Set up the first and scored the 2nd... 

Can't argue with that, but that miss :facepalm:

Want to see Cannon given a start as I think he is the better finisher.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The situation with Daka is not dissimilar to Darwin Nunez at Liverpool. I think he's a net positive on the whole but he can have some moments where you can't excuse him.

Nunez has other abilities way beyond Daka

This kid needs to play at a lower level.

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

Nunez has other abilities way beyond Daka

This kid needs to play at a lower level.

Obviously Nunez is better, in a better side at a higher level. It's a similar situation though.

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Set up the first and scored the 2nd... 

Can't argue with that, but that miss :facepalm:

Want to see Cannon given a start as I think he is the better finisher.

i’ve felt all along that we should be focusing on cannon….. but tonight, we were worse when he came on. Daka was a constant nuisance and i’m surprised the miss has caused so much hate on here (not that surprised knowing our fanbase)

Mavididi’s was just as bad