Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

They will still need to win against Morocco to guarantee progressing, a draw against Morocco, and they have to hope the other game ends as a draw too.  A very good header from Daka though from the corner. 

Edited by smudger63

Guest glasgowfox
1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

They will still need at least a draw against Morocco to even have a chance of progressing, and then they have to hope the other game ends as a draw too.  A very good header from Daka though from the corner. 

4 weeks ago I would have been happy lol

8 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

They will still need at least a draw against Morocco to even have a chance of progressing, and then they have to hope the other game ends as a draw too.  A very good header from Daka though from the corner. 

4 3rd place teams also qualify for the next round, so in theory they could qualify as they are if Tanzania don’t beat DR Congo and other groups results go their way. Currently they are the joint 2nd best 3rd place team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

4 3rd place teams also qualify for the next round, so in theory they could qualify as they are if Tanzania don’t beat DR Congo and other groups results go their way. Currently they are the joint 2nd best 3rd place team.

Arrh, I didn't know that. Shows how clued up I am about the Afcon tournament. lol

I still think no matter what happens from now until the end of the season that Daka will leave and Maresca will be okay with that.

You can't keep someone frozen out for as long as he did without moves being made to get out.

Which is fine. Get us up and he's been worth the fee in my opinion. Much better player there than he will ever get credit for from most of our fanbase. Another that will excel elsewhere. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest glasgowfox
1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

I still think no matter what happens from now until the end of the season that Daka will leave and Maresca will be okay with that.

You can't keep someone frozen out for as long as he did without moves being made to get out.

Which is fine. Get us up and he's been worth the fee in my opinion. Much better player there than he will ever get credit for from most of our fanbase. Another that will excel elsewhere. 

Selfish but don't care if he leaves if we get promoted as don't think he is premier league standard 

Guest glasgowfox
53 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Scoring goals for Zambia can only be good for us, comes back full of confidence

Not scoring for Zambia is better imo as then available for Swansea 

5 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Iheanacho also had to wait an eternity keeping his head down working hard. I'd argue he's a club legend now.

We'll never see what happens in training but from the outside Daka also comes across as a guy who won't complain and just gets on with it. 

If he's willing to stay on with us and compete for his place, it's a no brainer tbh. Particularly with Vardy getting on a bit

He will have better options than Bournemouth this time round though should he be moved on

Edited by HybridFox
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

His goals fired us to an FA Cup Final. Winning goal in the community shield. And now set to be part of a promotion winning team. Yes he is a legend

Behave. 

There's a whole ocean between being average and being a club legend. Iheanacho has become a bit of a cult hero and has scored some really important goals but come on man.

I don't even like people making out Kingy or Albrighton are "club legends" to be honest and they've got much, much bigger claims.

Vards, Kasper and Wes from the last decade absolutely. Anyone else? Eh.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, glasgowfox said:

Selfish but don't care if he leaves if we get promoted as don't think he is premier league standard 

I think he is, and will prove it. Last season's toxicity isn't something I would judge him on.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I think he is, and will prove it. Last season's toxicity isn't something I would judge him on.

You can judge him on performances this season though, where he has looked slow, disinterested and hardly bothered to do anything much. Whatever fire was in him seems to have well and truly gone out. Hope I’m wrong because he’s a very very good player on his day. 

Daka, though, seems as though the fires are building up to quite a nice head of steam. He still could be our main man next season.  

Edited by ARM1968

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Behave. 

There's a whole ocean between being average and being a club legend. Iheanacho has become a bit of a cult hero and has scored some really important goals but come on man.

I don't even like people making out Kingy or Albrighton are "club legends" to be honest and they've got much, much bigger claims.

Very over used term, I'd definitely say those 3!

• Like 1

Behave. 

Anyone that won a PL Winners medal (well 13 or 14 of them) and Tielemans for the FA Cup winner.

Behave. 

How can you not like people making out King is a club legend 

• Like 2