Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

27 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Don't think people are desperate to put him down, it's just people saying he was poor as he was. Just as Vardy was on Friday (for me Vardy's misses on Friday were much worse). Not really sure where the credit for runs and link up play is coming from, but this seems to be the default response to criticism for Daka. I recall his one bit of link up play where he layed the ball to KDH second half, that was good, but he generally anonymous and 14 touches in 90 minutes shows that.

That’s the only good moment I recall too. But for a team with so much to gain (or lose), we need more than that.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I can’t recall him having more than 2-3 touches. Even off the ball he didn’t really have much of an impact. 

Asked my daughter at HT how many touches did he have, stats said 3. Vardy had 3 in 20 secs of coming on 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

That’s how I remember it, but others have said otherwise 

All about work rate if not seeing the ball. Daka sauntered around didn't close anyone down with any menace or intensity. Vardy was all over them chasing harrying them down and got his reward 

• Like 1

On 02/03/2024 at 19:11, Jimmy said:

its not like he missed a hatful of chances or couldn't hold the ball up, wouldn't have mattered who we played with service like that

You have to create room for yourself to get service. All the top players are capable of that, that's why he'll never be a top player.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

I'm not even going to bother!   Lol

Our worst 10 strikers since 1995 might be interesting reading!

Iheanacho and Daka would be nowhere near that list, let's be sensible

• Like 2

On another day, that miss costs us the game. His wastefulness has cost us enough times this season. I thought he'd find his feet at this level, but when he's had chances, he's been erratic, to put it politely.

• Like 1

There's one thing struggling to make an impact in the Premier League, it's a fiercely competitive set of teams and players who walk in with reputations (e.g. Daka and Salzburg) get said reputations dismantled.

But he is again struggling to make an impact in the Championship. He was so poor again today and it was almost like playing with 10 men until Vardy replaced him. Perhaps it's perspectives like that just say that it's best for all parties that he gets moved on in the summer.

May have torn it up in Salzburg but other than the Spartak Moscow scoring spree, has been absolutely stinking the place out since he got here, and is being made to look ordinary by a veteran 12 years older than him. 

Someone go pack his bags, I'll get the taxi and plane booked for a one-way trip back to Salzburg or whoever might want him.

3 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

You have to create room for yourself to get service. All the top players are capable of that, that's why he'll never be a top player.

why have you used a quote about a previous match?