Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

We just didn't create anything today, the game probably would have suited iheanacho out of all the strikers. Our persistence with the ball put to the flanks was generating nothing, we needed something else.

This surprised me more than anything. Gets an all important assist on Tuesday only to not make the bench today 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Leads the press well but he needs service which isn't aimless looping crosses

Those ****ing crosses send em crazy. If there's nothing on, just drill the fcking thing low and hard across the six yard box and see what happens

As.for Daka, he was fine given his zero serves and support. Poor decision to hook him. He needed support, not substitution

4 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

This surprised me more than anything. Gets an all important assist on Tuesday only to not make the bench today 

Nachos either like a false 9 or 10 when playing as a second striker. We needed to play more through the middle, he woukd have been a better sub than cannon, and I really like cannon

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Those ****ing crosses send em crazy. If there's nothing on, just drill the fcking thing low and hard across the six yard box and see what happens

As.for Daka, he was fine given his zero serves and support. Poor decision to hook him. He needed support, not substitution

Ipswich have  probably scored the majority of their goals doing just that 

4 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Ipswich have  probably scored the majority of their goals doing just that 

Lad next to me today made a great point… Ipswich draw or win that today because they shoot on sight against an aging Begovic. Rainy day, shoot low and hard and see where it goes. Crap 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Lad next to me today made a great point… Ipswich draw or win that today because they shoot on sight against an aging Begovic. Rainy day, shoot low and hard and see where it goes. Crap 

Crap ? Better than pass pas pass wait for opportunity to have clear shot at goal pass pass lose ball rinse and repeat . With 70 % possession you can afford to have a shot . You can recover possession from the goal kick and go again 

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Crap ? Better than pass pas pass wait for opportunity to have clear shot at goal pass pass lose ball rinse and repeat . With 70 % possession you can afford to have a shot . You can recover possession from the goal kick and go again 

Eh?

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, iancognito said:

Wandered round like a fart in the wind, only downside of a decent display today, absolute passenger since AFCON. I have issues with Nacho but at least he gets involved in the play.

Agreed. Really disappointing from him. Half-presses at the best of times. Made no impact with or without the ball. 

• Like 1

Just now, phoneticerror said:

I can’t recall him having more than 2-3 touches. Even off the ball he didn’t really have much of an impact. 

I just saw he had 3 touches in the first half, 4 if you include kick off. 

Once again people desperate to put him down. His runs were good today, put in some good work with the linkup play but let down by the final decision from his teammates. Didn't press as much but that seemed to be a tactical decision as KDH and Ndidi didn't really join that and you can't press on your own, that's just chasing shadows. 

This miss wasn't great but it's a difficult chance with the keeper actively coming from it. A bad miss but no worse than Vardys on Friday.

Just now, The Doctor said:

Once again people desperate to put him down. His runs were good today, put in some good work with the linkup play but let down by the final decision from his teammates. Didn't press as much but that seemed to be a tactical decision as KDH and Ndidi didn't really join that and you can't press on your own, that's just chasing shadows. 

This miss wasn't great but it's a difficult chance with the keeper actively coming from it. A bad miss but no worse than Vardys on Friday.

Don't think people are desperate to put him down, it's just people saying he was poor as he was. Just as Vardy was on Friday (for me Vardy's misses on Friday were much worse). Not really sure where the credit for runs and link up play is coming from, but this seems to be the default response to criticism for Daka. I recall his one bit of link up play where he layed the ball to KDH second half, that was good, but he generally anonymous and 14 touches in 90 minutes shows that.