Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

6 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

He gets an assist, has a goal wrongfully disallowed and is an integral part of some of the great attacking moves in the second half with some very tidy link up play. Hardly the work of a headless chicken. 

The miss was bad of course but he's getting into good positions regularly. Cannon probably would have finished it but would he have got into the position in the first place? 

People are saying how we dropped back and invited pressure towards the end. I think a contributory factor was the removal of Daka. Once he was replaced by Cannon, Leeds knew that they could safely squeeze further up the pitch as Cannon lacks Daka's pace in behind. We offered zero threat after Cannon came on tbh.

I agree with this point and it goes for Mavs withdrawal too, fullback could push up without fear.. actually think daka played really well , but I accept the miss 2nd half when put clean through was the stuff of nightmares… frankly we should have been 5 up and out of sight

I’ve slept on it and today like many like minded folks I’m not gonna hammer Daka anymore. Yes he should have buried that shot straight past smellier to the right. I’m sure he did not sleep at all with that action replay in his head all nite long. I want to praise him for his great assist, endless running, keeping Leeds defenders in the back foot.

Am I still angry? Of course but more at the collective for dropping their pants in the last 10 min. Vesty had a similar exceptional game but lost the plot at the end - he should be hammered too. McAteer comes in and does sod all in fact made the team worse by half arsed tackles, poor passing & no aggression. He’s supposed to be an ‘impact’ sub. Mavadidi played well but his miss rattled his brain and he dropped off after that. His body language said it all! I was literally screaming at the telly saying cmon lad keep your head in the game you can get the next one but the belief was dwindling probably why Enzo yanked him. Fatawu had so many 1-on-1 chances that with his blistering pace & trickery could easily have got on goal but he was afraid to. He needs to watch garnacho at manu for motivation.

as for Faes boy he has a real knack of scoring on goals in big games! Is it just bad luck?

This team needs sports psychologists now!

before anymore damage is done please.

the premier league will be like this every week. This time currently can’t handle pressure mentally. They are folding like a deck of cards over and over.

Is it a crisis? No not yet but it’s getting close to if something isn’t done about it.

The assist was fantastic, and all game long he set the tempo that had the Leeds defence looking punch drunk, but one miss and he's akinbiyi reincarnated? **** me, I know I'm biased as I'm a fan of Daka but genuinely some of you seem desperate for him to fail so you can make pointless "told you so" posts 

• Like 4

He was very unlucky with the wrongly disallowed goal.

There's definitely a strong player in there, and hopefully he'll get his just rewards eventually.

Always seems eager and goes in good positions.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Assist, perfectly good goal chalked off wrongly last night and missed a sitter. Not bad at all. He’s a great player. 

My FB is full of people who say he should never wear the shirt again. Such strange people.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

I’ve slept on it and today like many like minded folks I’m not gonna hammer Daka anymore. Yes he should have buried that shot straight past smellier to the right. I’m sure he did not sleep at all with that action replay in his head all nite long. I want to praise him for his great assist, endless running, keeping Leeds defenders in the back foot.

Am I still angry? Of course but more at the collective for dropping their pants in the last 10 min. Vesty had a similar exceptional game but lost the plot at the end - he should be hammered too. McAteer comes in and does sod all in fact made the team worse by half arsed tackles, poor passing & no aggression. He’s supposed to be an ‘impact’ sub. Mavadidi played well but his miss rattled his brain and he dropped off after that. His body language said it all! I was literally screaming at the telly saying cmon lad keep your head in the game you can get the next one but the belief was dwindling probably why Enzo yanked him. Fatawu had so many 1-on-1 chances that with his blistering pace & trickery could easily have got on goal but he was afraid to. He needs to watch garnacho at manu for motivation.

as for Faes boy he has a real knack of scoring on goals in big games! Is it just bad luck?

This team needs sports psychologists now!

before anymore damage is done please.

the premier league will be like this every week. This time currently can’t handle pressure mentally. They are folding like a deck of cards over and over.

Is it a crisis? No not yet but it’s getting close to if something isn’t done about it.

No.

No one should be hammered.

Do you get hammered when you have an off day at work?

• Thanks 1

You know what, you're a striker in great form, but first of all the goalkeeper makes a great fingertip save of a shot you were sure was going in.

Then the linesman chalks off a perfectly good goal that you 100% know fine.

Then you're through on goal, this is it, surely this is the chance, third time lucky, it's so simple, I can't miss... I can't afford to miss, this needs to be perfect, it's all on me! 

You tense up, it's so important, the muscle memory doesn't kick in, and you scuff the shot wide.

You know what you do? You get up and try again and hope, just hope, that no one gets on your back about it.

• Like 4

On 24/02/2024 at 10:39, Larry_LCFC said:

I like his effort and energy but his finishing is abysmal and it is costing us crucial points. Impact sub maybe, but he shouldn't be starting and I'm far from convinced he could ever be premier league starting standard.

i'm pretty convinced he can't be

3 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Why do so many of our fan base seem to get pleasure out of writing players off.

With Daka, it's because we've been spoilt rotten with Vardy and anyone who replaces him gets the short end of it for not being him.  

• Like 1

Maybe he needs a bit of help. Kevin Phillips did a good job when he was here coaching strikers. He needs, imo, to develop that iciness the best strikers have. Cool, calm finishers. He gets in some good positions and can do it. In training he could go in goal for a bit and try being a goalkeeper. It might help him realise that the goal is pretty wide from a goalkeeper's viewpoint. He seems a confidence type player. As some on here have said it might be a sports psychologist we could do with. Maybe they already have one.

I don't think you're going to suddenly train a striker how to kick a football properly if he hasn't cracked it by this point in his career. Thankfully Patson brings a lot of other good attributes to the game, but his technique when hitting a shot has always been a dice roll.

• Like 2

Massively over rated and cant finish. If/when we get promoted we will struggle to score goals with him up front.

Infact  a forward line of him, mav and fatawu is worryign to say the least in the prem.