Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

This will be a Laurence Dallaglio moment

Just now, Ted Maul said:

Did we not get a reaction? If we'd had any sort of composure in front of goal, we would have stuck 4 past them and we'd be talking about it being one the great championship away performances. 

Agree, it was a outstanding 60 minutes. 

What do we expect after this game?

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Agree, it was a outstanding 60 minutes. 

What do we expect after this game?

Statement performance against QPR, for a start. Think we need 4 points from Hull and Sunderland now. Then beat Southampton to put them out of it. 

March fixtures are tricky for us and easy for Leeds/Ipswich- if we're still top by April we'll be fine.

Could do without the Bournemouth game to be honest. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

The crucial word in that sentence is mentality and this group of players haven’t got a strong one. No natural leaders. No Huth, Morgan, Walsh, Elliott. 

There are none of those players in ANY team and until the title season Morgan was never credited as a real leader, he benefitted massively from Huth arriving. Go through the league, there's no Keane's, Shearer's, Vieras, the characters, the shouters and leaders are rare these days.

The team is led by Coady, Winks, Ricky, KDH and Vardy. All vastly experienced players with international and European games under their belt. The spirit is alive in the side, as much cameraderie now as the title side or the 90s/promotion chasing sides under Little & O'Neill. Results pull you through and our run in - especially if Saints needs re-arranging is favourable.

14 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

England lost away at Australia I think and Dallaglio told the locker room afterwards to drink it in. That sickening feeling. That it hurts so much that the team never dare lose again. 

I honestly think we do that now. We will.win every remaining game. We were so far ahead of second place  it is untrue. All the injustice of this result will be taken out on the next 12 teams 

That required a squad with some bottle though

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

England lost away at Australia I think and Dallaglio told the locker room afterwards to drink it in. That sickening feeling. That it hurts so much that the team never dare lose again. 

I honestly think we do that now. We will.win every remaining game. We were so far ahead of second place  it is untrue. All the injustice of this result will be taken out on the next 12 teams 

Great post. We were also so much better than Leeds - forwards and onwards - im looking forward to Tuesday night now 

Virtually every post / topic at the moment seems to include some reference to bottle or mentality 

Genuine question; how many of the current squad have won anything meaningful or gained promotion ( excluding Vards and Marc )

Im guessing the answer is very few but I honestly don’t know

We really are a weird team aren’t we lol but that’s why we love it so much. Never a dull moment and all that jazz. Leicester never does things the easy way. Here’s my premonition based on my gut and that is we will clinch promotion and top spot but it will be close. This team will find its bottle and get over the line (just in time).

5 hours ago, Holly B said:

Virtually every post / topic at the moment seems to include some reference to bottle or mentality 

Genuine question; how many of the current squad have won anything meaningful or gained promotion ( excluding Vards and Marc )

Im guessing the answer is very few but I honestly don’t know

Danny Ward - Champs Playoffs, FA Cup, Charity Shield

Justin - League 1

Faas - Nothing

Coady - Championship, England U17 UEFA Cup

Doyle - League 1 playoffs

Winks - Nothing

Vardy - NPL Playoffs, NPL Premier, Conference Premier, Championship, Premier League, FA Cup, Community Shield, 

Mavididi - Nothing

Albrighton - Premier League, FA Cup, Community Shield

Iheanacho - League Cup, FA Cup, Community Shield, U17 World Cup

Souttar - Nothing

Fatawu - U20s Cup of Nations

Daka - UEFA Youth League, Austria Bundasliga x 4,  Austria Cup x 4, Community Shield, U20s Cup of Nations, COSAFA U20

Choudhury - FA Cup, Community Shield, Toulon Tournament

Ricardo - Taca De Portugal, Premeira Liga, FA Cup, Community Shield

Dewsbury-Hall - Community Shield 

Vestergaard - Nothing

Cannon - Nothing

Akgun - Super Liga x 2, Turkey Cup x 2, Turkey Super Cup x 1

Hermansen - Danish Superliga

McAteer - League 2

Marçal - Nothing

Stolarkzyk - Nothing

Nelson - Nothing

Ndidi - FA Cup, Community Shield

Praet - Belgium Pro League x 3, Belgian Cup x 3, FA Cup

Thank you Sly

Certainly a few more achievements than I thought 

Suppose our two starting centre halves is the standout followed by Winks but hardly fair to call those three out for the whole squad’s alleged poor mentality 

Absolutely howled at the idea that we had a man of the caliber of Lawrence Dallaglio in our dressing room. Thanks for that.

Only found at the Tigers these days.

Edited by BigGibbo

We’re the club who, when relegated with a group of players desperate to get out and playing way below acceptable standards, attempted to host them on the pitch with an after party, bouncy castle, deck chairs and Top offering free BJs all round. Each of those players who had the free albeit toothy BJ is showing far more effort, love etc. for their new badge. 

The club has something lacking. Something not very Leicester like: we’ve been shit before but to just continually give it up, there is something seriously wrong. Top to bottom. 

No Deeney or Dallaglio, Sheff United at home, 2-0 defeat to Peterborough etc. moment until we sort the culture that is very much broken. Those days are very far away. 

8 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We’re the club who, when relegated with a group of players desperate to get out and playing way below acceptable standards, attempted to host them on the pitch with an after party, bouncy castle, deck chairs and Top offering free BJs all round. Each of those players who had the free albeit toothy BJ is showing far more effort, love etc. for their new badge. 

The club has something lacking. Something not very Leicester like: we’ve been shit before but to just continually give it up, there is something seriously wrong. Top to bottom. 

No Deeney or Dallaglio, Sheff United at home, 2-0 defeat to Peterborough etc. moment until we sort the culture that is very much broken. Those days are very far away. 

Know what you mean. I cannot resonate with it one bit.