Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

This will be a Laurence Dallaglio moment

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

England lost away at Australia I think and Dallaglio told the locker room afterwards to drink it in. That sickening feeling. That it hurts so much that the team never dare lose again. 

I honestly think we do that now. We will.win every remaining game. We were so far ahead of second place  it is untrue. All the injustice of this result will be taken out on the next 12 teams 

tbf this could be arsenal moment again, need that all against us mentality 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf this could be arsenal moment again, need that all against us mentality 

The crucial word in that sentence is mentality and this group of players haven’t got a strong one. No natural leaders. No Huth, Morgan, Walsh, Elliott. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Some of the players in this squad have been slapped before. No difference. You can’t just develop whatever it is that stops you from bending over each time it gets difficult. 

Enzo will manage the cowards through the next few games but judging by his pre match comments, he understands the issues with some of them in our squad. 

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Some of the players in this squad have been slapped before. No difference. You can’t just develop whatever it is that stops you from bending over each time it gets difficult. 

Enzo will manage the cowards through the next few games but judging by his pre match comments, he understands the issues with some of them in our squad. 

We didn't bend over. They created nada. I've never seen us under less pressure 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Arsenal away moment would be a better analogy for those who don't chase eggs

More Watford. We already knew that lot had the bottle when they lost to Arsenal (that's the game where I 'knew' we'd win the league, weirdly- all felt so similar). Before Watford, there were big questions about the mentality when the pressure was on.

14 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

The crucial word in that sentence is mentality and this group of players haven’t got a strong one. No natural leaders. No Huth, Morgan, Walsh, Elliott. 

I will wait til the end of the season to be fair. We were quite unlucky tonight against a good team. Vesty was a warrior tonight in a difficult first half. Riccardo was superb. Winks and KDH both stood up and counted. Its difficult

to draw comparisons with great teams of the past but I’m pleased with the progress since May. A bit of luck and we would have won that one and the narrative would have swung completely the other way. We need to keep things in perspective.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

We didn't bend over. They created nada. I've never seen us under less pressure 

Absolutely until it got tough. Then we bent over. Twice over.

The first 76 minutes were excellent. The lack of metal of some of this squad will continue to hinder us. 

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Absolutely until it got tough. Then we bent over. Twice over.

The first 76 minutes were excellent. The lack of metal of some of this squad will continue to hinder us. 

Doesn't anyone here think that the bringing on of 2 subs immediately followed by letting in 2 goals might be more than a coincidence, and it not being simply down to the mentality problem? Just maybe on this occasion the manager made a massive mistake with his substitutions.

Just as a suggestion, when Daka began to look unlikely to convert any further simple chances created for him, wasn't 60 mins about the right time to replace him with Vardy?  Just one of our chances taken at that time, giving us a 2 goal cushion, would surely have knocked the stuffing out of Leeds.

• Like 1

I don't think we will win every game, but I do expect we will see a positive reaction and that will take us to the title. 

We have been crying out for some anger and passion to be injected into this squad for a while now. This is a great excuse to do that. 

I feel like QPR will be getting a thrashing, especially if our wingers turn up and we play a striker who will take his chances on the day.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, deep blue said:

when Daka began to look unlikely to convert any further simple chances created for him, wasn't 60 mins about the right time to replace him with Vardy?  Just one of our chances taken at that time, giving us a 2 goal cushion, would surely have knocked the stuffing out of Leeds.

Given Vardy was ruled out with a groin injury, probably no.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

I will wait til the end of the season to be fair. We were quite unlucky tonight against a good team. Vesty was a warrior tonight in a difficult first half. Riccardo was superb. Winks and KDH both stood up and counted. Its difficult

to draw comparisons with great teams of the past but I’m pleased with the progress since May. A bit of luck and we would have won that one and the narrative would have swung completely the other way. We need to keep things in perspective.  

The situation changes game by game so fùck perspective, right now we are flirting with fùcking this up