Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What is Happening to Asda?

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

At least some of the 10 men's hairdressers in Wigston.

Unless the newer ones just noticed a gap in the market.

I was talking to my hairdresser last week about the sudden increase in men's "traditional" barbers. Often 2 or 3 within 8 shops on the same street.

She reckons it's a front for "other business".

The number of barber shops on Narborough Road is ridiculous. Surely they can't all be profitable just from cutting hair for a fiver?

9 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I was talking to my hairdresser last week about the sudden increase in men's "traditional" barbers. Often 2 or 3 within 8 shops on the same street.

The number of barber shops on Narborough Road is ridiculous. Surely they can't all be profitable just from cutting hair for a fiver?

Any business that takes mostly cash and is more prevalent in number than one might expect is likely money laundering, IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Any business that takes mostly cash and is more prevalent in number than one might expect is likely money laundering, IMO.

Car wash sites? 

Chinese takeaways that are strictly cash only.

Driveway tarmac/roofing/tree cutting/waste clearing "professionals" that are only contactable by a mobile number? 

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Car wash sites? 

Chinese takeaways that are strictly cash only.

Driveway tarmac/roofing/tree cutting/waste clearing "professionals" that are only contactable by a mobile number? 

Not sure about the last one as I would think you would need a registered business location - bricks and mortar - on the back of it all to help it work, but yeah.

• Like 1

Ever the cynic, I’d say they’ve both already worked out that most Asdas are out of town stores and therefore the demand will be low. 

It’s why the poorest do most of their shopping at corner shops where prices are the dearest. 

I’ll issue my applause when Asda and Quaker Oats start providing unlimited free porridge and drinks through accessible community kitchens. 

• Like 1

On 05/03/2024 at 18:47, leicsmac said:

little bit sweeping, the cost to a business to use a card machine is a lot higher that it used to bee minute. I will always try and pay cash to smaller businesses or at trade shows etc. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

little bit sweeping, the cost to a business to use a card machine is a lot higher that it used to bee minute. I will always try and pay cash to smaller businesses or at trade shows etc. 

Fair to say, though I did try to qualify what I said by referring to businesses that appear to be more prevalent than they should be and them being likely rather than certain to be engaged in dodgy stuff with cash. Just a hunch on my part; it's perfectly plausible that I'm wrong, but I'm not sure how some of them stay in business with the (apparent) lack of foot traffic in and around them.

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Fair to say, though I did try to qualify what I said by referring to businesses that appear to be more prevalent than they should be and them being likely rather than certain to be engaged in dodgy stuff with cash. Just a hunch on my part; it's perfectly plausible that I'm wrong, but I'm not sure how some of them stay in business with the (apparent) lack of foot traffic in and around them.

I find that many "cash only" shops etc, don't offer a receipt and when I've asked, I have been told the till is faulty and can't print them.

• 3 weeks later...

10 hours ago, Collymore said:

Thought of this thread the other day. Went into my local Asda on Friday and there was no bread, completely empty! All other local supermarkets absolutely no issue at all. 

First it's KFC, now it's Asda!

You're never satisfied! :P

• Haha 1

On 05/03/2024 at 18:36, Parafox said:

Most are money washing 

• 4 weeks later...