Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What is Happening to Asda?

if this thread isn’t evidence that everyone is getting older (except me), then I don’t know what is!

lots of grown men complaining about the cost of food lol

18 hours ago, grth2004 said:

Leave massive spaces on the conveyor, it annoys people behind but it slows down the checkout. Also buy one random piece of fruit with no label it takes them ages to find the code whilst you catch up with the packing and you have more fruit in your diet so win win. 

Never thought I'd read about shopping tactics but you make an interesting point. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bmt said:

Can't believe Morrisons is losing market share. Absolute top notch supermarket.

Sales have gone up but market share has come down, basically saying its expensive and people are looking to save money with the discounters. Discounters love a cost of living crisis as you can see! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Sales have gone up but market share has come down, basically saying its expensive and people are looking to save money with the discounters. Discounters love a cost of living crisis as you can see! 

Yep. I am forced to use Sainsbury's because I live in London and it is farcically expensive. 

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

It's like people are doing their last shop on the way to the Pearly Gates. 

I unfortunately go into the one at Hinckley a cpl of times a week as our business is near there - it’s the supermarket of choice for the retired!

5 hours ago, MPH said:

if this thread isn’t evidence that everyone is getting older (except me), then I don’t know what is!

lots of grown men complaining about the cost of food lol

Don’t get me started on people not turning the lights off or putting the heating on. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Don’t get me started on people not turning the lights off or putting the heating on. 

Rap music. What’s the point? I can’t understand a word of it!

19 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Feel your pain about lights.....it can be lovellly sunshine outside and our house would rival the Blackpool illuminations.

4 hours ago, jonthefox said:

Looks like WH Smith is going the same way. Awful 

Nothing in there you can't get at a discount store

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

I unfortunately go into the one at Hinckley a cpl of times a week as our business is near there - it’s the supermarket of choice for the retired! undead.

I live within 15 mins walk from it. I avoid it at all costs. Even though I'm retired, I'm never going to be a Morrison's shuffler.

In the same way I'd never buy a Toyota Yaris, a Honda Jazz, a Hyundai i10, a Ford Focus in beige, or corduroy trousers, nylon shirts Hush Puppies shoes, slacks, brown socks, driving gloves, a beaded car seat cover...

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jonthefox said:

They're closing high street stores up and down the country, and concentrating on station and airport venues. Which is probably a smart move, as they can sell stuff to the captive audience that wouldn't fly elsewhere.

On 02/03/2024 at 09:20, Daggers said:

And the chocolate/coffee stout. That was a blinder too last night.

Aldi do a nice coffee stout, also a biscotti ale. They used to do a toffee ale which was nice. Also last summer they did a peach and elderflower summer ale which were really nice on a hot day, especially the peach.

44 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Aldi do a nice coffee stout, also a biscotti ale. They used to do a toffee ale which was nice. Also last summer they did a peach and elderflower summer ale which were really nice on a hot day, especially the peach.

I’ve a feeling the stout has lactose - certainly one of their’s did - which rules any drink out for me. 

14 hours ago, jonthefox said:

Been awful of years, but still sticks around. It's clearly the front for a major crime gang, that's the only explanation lol

9 hours ago, Parafox said:

I live within 15 mins walk from it. I avoid it at all costs. Even though I'm retired, I'm never going to be a Morrison's shuffler.

In the same way I'd never buy a Toyota Yaris, a Honda Jazz, a Hyundai i10, a Ford Focus in beige, or corduroy trousers, nylon shirts Hush Puppies shoes, slacks, brown socks, driving gloves, a beaded car seat cover...

Tartan slippers? With a zip?

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Been awful of years, but still sticks around. It's clearly the front for a major crime gang, that's the only explanation lol

That could be a new topic in of itself tbh; which businesses are clearly money laundering fronts? :D

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Parafox said:

Hush Puppies are cool

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

That could be a new topic in of itself tbh; which businesses are clearly money laundering fronts? :D

At least some of the 10 men's hairdressers in Wigston.

Unless the newer ones just noticed a gap in the market.