Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Sunderland (A) - Tuesday 5th March - 7.45pm

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Go mental

Mads

Nelson Coady Doyle

Winks KDH

Fatawu        Mavidid

Nacho. Cannon

Vardy

Thats like a Dean Smith side :). How about:

Mads

Nelson Coady Doyle

Winks Cannon

Fatawu        Mavidid

Nacho Daka

Vardy

• Like 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Mads

Nelson Coady Doyle

Winks Cannon

Fatawu        Mavidid

Nacho Daka

Vardy

What is Cannon doing? Is he lost?

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

What is Cannon doing? Is he lost?

Have you not guessed yet that i am shit at this game? Need to go clean myself after suggest starting Nacho.

Edited by Chelmofox

Have you not guessed yet that i am shit at this game. Need to go clean myself after suggest starting Nacho.

Embrace it, he is going to save us all.

• Haha 1

Are you watching Pep?

Mads

Hamza Coady  Doyle

Winks

Fatawu  Nacho  Mavidi

Cannon

Vardy Daka

Mads

Nelson Coady Doyle

Winks Cannon

Fatawu        Mavidid

Nacho Daka

Vardy

Tell me something mate will ya ? 

How come Enzo doesn’t think like this , just change it up a little and go for it , ( not suggesting for 1 minute that he’s a bad manager) however all good managers whatever line of work always has to change tactics & has the balls & knowledge to do so.

If your behind in a game then throw caution to the wind & be open to switch it around as your behind anyway. 

I’m on the fence with this game tonight something is telling me we’ll win however something is telling me the players are nervous, why ? Who knows , we’ll all know later tonight.🦊🦊🦊🦊

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Are you watching Pep?

Mads

Hamza Coady  Doyle

Winks

Fatawu  Nacho  Mavidi

Cannon

Vardy Daka

Poor old Winksy’s gonna be fighting fires all over the pitch with that lineup 😂

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Are you watching Pep?

Mads

Hamza Coady  Doyle

Winks

Fatawu  Nacho  Mavidi

Cannon

Vardy Daka

May as well have been picked by Gary Megson himself, think more attacking             

Mads

Nelson 

Fatawu Winks Mavididi

Daka KDH Vardy

Cannon Kelechi

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Poor old Winksy’s gonna be fighting fires all over the pitch with that lineup 😂

Sat on a stool watching the ball fly over his head  :thumbup:

• Haha 1

Personally, I’d drop Mavididi….. he’s been shit recently and I think he’s liability when he’s having a bad game. 

Albrighton on the right and Fatawu on the left, bit of an old school approach. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

Personally, I’d drop Mavididi….. he’s been shit recently and I think he’s liability when he’s having a bad game. 

That's a great idea mate, they can whip in some fantastic crosses to our big, dominant, target man striker. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That's a great idea mate, they can whip in some fantastic crosses to our big, dominant, target man striker. 

I get where you are coming from, but often we get to the by line and don’t put the ball in and cut back to be on comfortable foot.

you can flash crosses in they don’t have to be in the air.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Unless Sunderland are going to be sat in their box defending with 20 men like QPR (which I don’t expect they will do) it doesn’t need to be a big dominant, target man striker to get on the end of them if we are putting the crosses in early / first time

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

He was very good against Leeds, and arguably bringing him off created more problems as we lost his tracking back. He is poorer when teams park the bus, but i dont think Sunderland will do that. We should start him and go for Albrighton if Sunderland are defending for their lives and we cant break them down.

• Like 2

I'd play 3, 5, 2 Martin O'Neill style. 

Faas, Coady, Nelson

Albrighton, Hamza, Winks, KDH, Justin

Daka & Vardy

I love watching Fatawu and Mavididi but we haven't the personal to play our normal formation. 

Daka and Vardy have the pace to keep an eye on the fullbacks.

KDH to push up into Izzet a '10' role. 

Hamza does the Savage work

Winks mops up like Lennon. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd probably just stick with what we've been doing, just do it faster and with more purpose.

At this stage, the tactics are neither here nor there. The tempo and desire to win need to be there.

Yeh I agree and tempo is definitely one of the big factors that separates Man City from teams like us that try and emulate their style. Man City move the ball faster and move more off the ball and faster off the ball. We haven’t got the players at their level but we also aren’t playing at their level so there’s no excuse. We’ve been a bit too pedestrian for a while, mainly at home and that’s allowed deep blocks to settle. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd probably just stick with what we've been doing, just do it faster and with more purpose.

At this stage, the tactics are neither here nor there. The tempo and desire to win need to be there.

I agree with all of this except tactics are important. Desire purpose and mentality to execute are key though. Cut out the mistakes at the back work hard and convert chances and we will be fine. Better than fine, we can still be champions. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

I agree with all of this except tactics are important. Desire purpose and mentality to execute are key though. Cut out the mistakes at the back work hard and convert chances and we will be fine. Better than fine, we can still be champions. 

They are important, my point wasn't very clear probably :D

To expand, I think we've got our system down quite well and it's clearly been working. What we're missing at times is that desire to get the ball into the back of the net and create chances. We sometimes look too comfortable and can waste great periods of time not really doing anything.

41 minutes ago, teblin said:

I get where you are coming from, but often we get to the by line and don’t put the ball in and cut back to be on comfortable foot.

you can flash crosses in they don’t have to be in the air.

& @ceebeefox & @moore_94

I'm being facetious of course but this is why we have "mezzalas" playing on their dominant footed side. 

It's not the wingers that are the most important crossers of the ball in our system. Their job is firstly to maintain width and to be able to beat a man one on one. 

This creates space inside for our most important crossers of the ball - our centre mids - to underlap, get to the byline and to put in crosses. Something we've done to score quite a few times this season. 

It's a big part of why I grumble every time we swap KDH and Praet to be on their weaker foot sides as if to cut in and why KDH is significantly less effective on the right side of the pitch. 

Unless Sunderland are going to step forward on the front foot, play a high line and leave space in behind for whipped, low crosses from wide in to the path of Vardy or Daka then it's pointless having "conventional" wingers out there putting in balls. 

Honestly, tactically, there's not a lot wrong with what we've been doing so far. We created a lot of good goalscoring opportunities against Middlesbrough and Leeds and should have been two or three goals ahead of both of them before either got on the score sheet. QPR was a genuinely hideous day at the office but the other two attacking performances on our losing run were actually good, finishing aside. 

What we need is to focus up at the back, stop giving away cheap, Rodgersesque goals and to take our chances. 

As for Mavididi, yes he's been less productive recently but I'd be inclined to go back and look at his last few appearances. How often recently has he been getting doubled up on because the league now recognises his threat? If that's happening, there's space elsewhere - which is why we haven't struggled to create chances recently despite him seeming to go off the boil.

The same is true of Fatawu, at the start of the season they both had acres and acres of space to work in. Now they're both getting doubled up on because teams have learned. 

Ain't nobody doubling up on Marc Albrighton. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You can cross low you know but the ball would be going away from the keeper and Vardy or Cannon would come alive. Both are decent in the air too by the way but are battling for scraps when the ball is swinging in towards centre halves and keeper.