Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Sunderland (A) - Tuesday 5th March - 7.45pm

23 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We do need more intensity, go for the jugular, do not rest our laurels on a 1 goal lead, that does us more harm than good.

Be nice to get a 1 goal lead

• Like 1

Got to fancy a win in this one, performance levels have been decent, aside from QPR. To be fair, we struggled in the away game there, people were just happy to dismiss it cus Winks scored a worldie.

Convincing win needed tomorrow just to shake off any doubts, at this stage the performances are no good without the points. Tempo needs upping.

Them being the absolute pits, with various injuries is not a positive for us over the years. So many examples of us being the gift that keeps on giving. Just look at the Middlesborough result. They'd not won in 9 I think it was, had loads of players missing and beat us. They've since returned to being abysmal again.

I'd rather Jack Clarke was available and they'd won 4 on the spin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Them being the absolute pits, with various injuries is not a positive for us over the years. So many examples of us being the gift that keeps on giving. Just look at the Middlesborough result. They'd not won in 9 I think it was, had loads of players missing and beat us. They've since returned to being abysmal again.

Middlesbrough changed their system for our game though. Not watched them since, but my mate who lives in a sh1thole up north says they have reverted back to Carricks favoured system (more possession oriented :ph34r: ).

As much as it pains me to say it, Nelson had a hand in the 2 goals. He played the defender onside for the first and slipped at a terrible moment for the 2nd. That's not to detract from his ability and the rest of the game he had, but now is the time for some experience. Coady and Faes for me, and JJ needs a rest so Doyle as well as i don't think Sunderland will come at us.  I just don't think we can play Akgun and KDH together, so surely the trump card is to slot Nacho in there?

Hermansen

Hamza

Coady

Faes

Doyle

KDH

Winks

Nacho

Fatawu

Vardy

Mavididi

• Like 3

Can’t help but think this’ll be another game where a seemingly useless team (sunderland) suddenly play brilliantly and grab a point or 3. 

Hermansen

Faes *Coady Doyle 

Hamza Winks

Albrighton Yunus KDH Mavididi

Vardy

Edited by lgfualol
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Can’t help but think this’ll be another game where a seemingly useless team (sunderland) suddenly play brilliantly and grab a point or 3. 

Hermansen

Faes Vestergaard Doyle 

Hamza Winks

Vardy

Vesty suspended still

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Hermansen

Faes Vestergaard Doyle 

Hamza Winks

Vardy

Vesty still banned

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Having no squad and bad form means theyre less likely to try and play...

They’re at home and Sunderland fans aren’t exactly known for their patience so I doubt they’ll just sit back. 

4 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

Vesty suspended still

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Vesty still banned

No Vesty No Pointy

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

They’re at home and Sunderland fans aren’t exactly known for their patience so I doubt they’ll just sit back. 

Its the best strategy against us. I dont understand why any manager or fan would want to play us any other way right now. Give us some space and we are lethal. Park the bus, stifle the wingers and we shit the bed.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Every clubs fans (bar Man City) think this though, so they'll be thinking the same about us coming in to it on our current run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Its the best strategy against us. I dont understand why any manager or fan would want to play us any other way right now. Give us some space and we are lethal. Park the bus, stifle the wingers and we shit the bed.

3 goals from the last 56 (fifty six) shots in the league by the way.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lots of people saying Enzo isn't going to shift from the 2 number 8s in midfield. He's certainly been reluctant to so far. But with the personnel available I can't see how you retain the same system without hugely compromising KDH's ability to get into positions where he can influence the game. I would much rather see a standard 4-2-3-1 with KDH in the 10 until Ricardo and/or Ndidi are back.

• Like 1

We are quite fortunate we only have 2 more league games till the end of March, fa cup and international break really came up trumps for us! Hopefully by the end of the month we have Ricardo and Ndidi back firing 

• Like 1