Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Sunderland (A) - Tuesday 5th March - 7.45pm

32 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm a big fan of Mark but I don't see this working, For a start his legs are nearly gone. It will be too busy in that position with little time for a rest. 

At least on the wing he'd a get a break from time to time. Though he will bring a lot of experience and has an understanding with Vardy.

Unless Fats plays on the inside as he's always very busy, Chases back and is good on the Ball.

Though we'll know how it works out in a few Hours.

He'd probably be good for a half but I know what you mean. I'd prefer him there to the wing tbh, especially over the other 2. Depends if we want to make a quick start to the game, he certainly always injects tempo into the team.

• Like 1

Give yunus a shot from the off. I think he’s someone that would benefit from feeling his way into the game. My only hesitance is how physical sunderland are but we don’t really have a stronger option. 

39 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He'd probably be good for a half but I know what you mean. I'd prefer him there to the wing tbh, especially over the other 2. Depends if we want to make a quick start to the game, he certainly always injects tempo into the team.

He should have been used more often on the Wing in preference to McAteer or Yunus. He certainly won't let anyone down and he does have that special understanding with Vardy.

So yes a high tempo game and a quick start is possibly part of the approach tonight. And an early goal would certainly help calm the Fans as well as the Players.

Enjoy the game whatever, Cheers

Big game for KDH tonight, and a lot depends on who he has next to him. If he want to be recognised as one of the best in the division he needs to step it up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Big game for KDH tonight, and a lot depends on who he has next to him. If he want to be recognised as one of the best in the division he needs to step it up.

In truth a lot depends on which side he is (presuming we stick with that system which we will) regardless of his partner. Left side and he'll be on it as usual, right side and he just runs into traffic and is completely nullified. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I was going to say that KDH has been crap recently, but wouldn’t be fair to single him out as he hasn’t been alone. Played some of our best football against Leeds and then fell apart. Still, we go again tonight. I’m fully onboard, fired up and ready. I expect the team to be the same. 

There are three certainties in life: death, taxes and City taking a one-goal first-half lead in vital matches then hanging on until about 10 minutes from time when the opposition finally equalises then grabs a late winner via a deflected shot.

1 minute ago, String fellow said:

There are three certainties in life: death, taxes and City taking a one-goal first-half lead in vital matches then hanging on until about 10 minutes from time when the opposition finally equalises then grabs a late winner via a deflected shot.

(Apart from all the instances when this didn't happen at all until very recently).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was something different about the QPR loss which made it by far the worst of the current batch. The previous two could easily be put down as genuinely bad luck, whereas with QPR we seemed to have run out of ideas against a dogged defence.

With Vesty, Ricardo and Ndidi out, perhaps we could put it down to a cumulative loss of key players. That, plus KDH, JJ, Winks, Daka and both our wingers not being at their best.

Everyone’s going to have to be at their best tonight to get back to winning ways, as our personnel issues are the same despite rumours of an Ndidi return - we really shouldn’t expect too much from him just yet even if he does make an appearance.

Just hoping Enzo comes up with something and the players put in a shift 🤞

51 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

My son has made two games this season. We lost both. He’s at the stadium of light this evening. 😞

Well, that's just splendid.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We need to score 2 goals to be comfortable with playing this style it would seem

Big time.

If we're only 1-0 in the 85th minute, there's still a good chance we'll lose.

• Like 1