Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Sunderland (A) - Tuesday 5th March - 7.45pm

9 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

We are quite fortunate we only have 2 more league games till the end of March, fa cup and international break really came up trumps for us! Hopefully by the end of the month we have Ricardo and Ndidi back firing 

Isn't the Soton game likely to just be the Tues/Weds before the Chelsea game?

12 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

We are quite fortunate we only have 2 more league games till the end of March, fa cup and international break really came up trumps for us! Hopefully by the end of the month we have Ricardo and Ndidi back firing 

Despite the negativity, I think 4 points from the next two games leaves us in a tolerable position. 6 and the worries clear. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Despite the negativity, I think 4 points from the next two games leaves us in a tolerable position. 6 and the worries clear. 

I think 4 would be a great return and about all we can hope for with the suspensions/injuries.

14 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

I can't imagine it will be arranged for 8 or 9 days on from today, which is what you are suggesting there

yes fair point, thinking of Swansea but that was rearranged almost as soon as the Birmingham FA cup game was confirmed so hopefully you are right!

Edited by Fox 4 Life

33 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I’m not sure, no news is good news - we need this fixture in April really! The 2 weeks for internationals. But yes that’s currently a free week, with championship fixtures in it… hopefully not

Wonder if Enzo has considered having a centre half - namely Faes - as the one to step forward into midfield rather than our right back given the absence of Ricardo? 

In this scenario, he can play Justin at right back and Doyle at left back, creating a back three as Faes steps forward to provide our overload midfield.

1 hour ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Very much doubt it'll be played next week now.

I don't think they'll announce it until after the cup game as West Brom might need moving too.

I think they'd like this to be a promotion shootout the final midweek if possible.

Edited by Foxmeister

12 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Wonder if Enzo has considered having a centre half - namely Faes - as the one to step forward into midfield rather than our right back given the absence of Ricardo? 

In this scenario, he can play Justin at right back and Doyle at left back, creating a back three as Faes steps forward to provide our overload midfield.

Thank god he hasn’t 

• Like 2

Simply a must win game, Hull probably the tougher of the two. With our currently depleted squad and the recent form, I'm very very afraid of what this week holds. Maybe the football gods can save us and Leeds and Ipswich have a week from hell....

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Danno said:

Thank god he hasn’t 

Faes has shown his ability to run forward and take on a lot more.. actually put him up top in place of daka lol

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hermansen

Hamza

Coady

Nelson

Doyle

Yunus

Winks

KDH

Albrighton

Vardy

Mavididi

Agree with Vardy and despite concern with Doyle against a rapid winger I’d go with him too as he’s actually more confident going forward and overlapping with Mavidid than Justin. Faes over Nelson for me for experience though.
I can see the logic behind bringing Sharky in but I’d still be tempted to go with Fatawu because he’s good defensive cover for Hamza and attacking wise he had his fullback on toast on Saturday.

On 03/03/2024 at 11:42, Mickyblueeyes said:

If IF we are to make autos, the next 5, regardless of who we are playing need to be wins. 

Ipswich will drop points. In that 5.

Leeds will react to their draw yesterday. Let’s hope another local Derby causes them to lose out. 

there is no excuse from now until the end of the season. 

There is..!! 
An excuse

We are either mentally strong ,strong mindset and skillset onfield

or

We after 11 games were not up to it,nor players up for it…!!

There will be twists and turns,but we have to (try) & show we can keep

ahead of the moment…or have that bouncebackability..Pitch side.

FFP situation has to sort itself out..

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

We’re away from home against two inconsistent teams. IF we can get some rhythm in our play then we can win both. Being away from home will help us a lot and it’s arguable that our best performances this season have all been away from home.  

Why is our away  crowd better than  what the team gets from our home crowd…??

26 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Why is our away  crowd better than  what the team gets from our home crowd…??

Because it’s a concentration of the most ardent fans. Always has been. 

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

Where are we going to get 4 points the way our results have been going 

4 minutes ago, Pita said:

Where are we going to get 4 points the way our results have been going 

Well away from home we’ve been playing very well. If we play how we did against Leeds or Bournemouth, we win both games, probably pretty comfortably. The blue print is there, we just have to enact it.