Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Sunderland (A) - Tuesday 5th March - 7.45pm

Vesty back in, that's a no brainer. Would be tempted to drop Justin for Doyle, or maybe stick him on the other side for Choudhury, so he can play the inverted role? Faes has to play to make up for Vestergod's glacial pace unfortunately.

Mads

Justin Coady Faes Doyle

Winks Akgun KDH

Fatawu Vardy Mavididi

15 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Experience is what's required now. Leadership from Coady, Ricardo, Vardy to drag them through a win or two.

I do fancy us to win tonight despite recent results. 

Injured for the rest of the month

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I do wonder whether our lack of availability in the 8 role will force Enzos hand.

i like the suggestion of KDH starting deeper with Kel in the 10. As play progresses KDH moves forward and Hamza replaces him in the double pivot. 

I think it sounds a very astute tactical switch. 

I think Enzo is a stickler for using systems developed in training. Based on what we historically know about Kel i think he can do that role but his pressing will be lousy (against Sunderland - is that going to be an issue?), but unless he's been doing drills of it in training, don't expect to see it. 

Interesting selection tonight. I have a lot of time for Akgun but he and KDH are not working together.  If he starts those together then i think they have 45 mins only to gel. I hope plan B isn't to use Cannon again in the 10 role, and would much sooner see Kels there and have Cannon up top. But as you say, you would assume availability is going to play a big part in the selection.

Leeds V Stoke

Ipswich V Bristol City

Southampton V Preston

We all know that anything can happen in football, but you've got to say that on the balance of probabilities you would expect Leeds, Ipswich & Southampton (All playing at home) to each pick up 3 points over the course of tonight & tomorrow.

Anything less than 3 points for us tonight, then it puts Ipswich level with us & Leeds & Southampton within touching distance.

The word 'Must Win' and 'Big Game' is banded around a lot but i seriously think this might be one of the biggest just because of how it could end up dictating the remainder of the season.

Drop points and i don't think we have the resilience & character to battle the other 3 and still come out with an automatic promotion spot. Win, and i think it will put us on another winning streak and hopefully that would suffice in seeing us get automatic promotion.

Personally, i'd bring Vesty straight back in & Vardy also.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Leeds V Stoke

Ipswich V Bristol City

Southampton V Preston

We all know that anything can happen in football, but you've got to say that on the balance of probabilities you would expect Leeds, Ipswich & Southampton (All playing at home) to each pick up 3 points over the course of tonight & tomorrow.

Anything less than 3 points for us tonight, then it puts Ipswich level with us & Leeds & Southampton within touching distance.

The word 'Must Win' and 'Big Game' is banded around a lot but i seriously think this might be one of the biggest just because of how it could end up dictating the remainder of the season.

Drop points and i don't think we have the resilience & character to battle the other 3 and still come out with an automatic promotion spot. Win, and i think it will put us on another winning streak and hopefully that would suffice in seeing us get automatic promotion.

Iversen to pull off the game of his life against Leeds. 

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Leeds V Stoke

Ipswich V Bristol City

Southampton V Preston

Football is a funny old game. All season we have been front runners and number one target. Being underdogs may take a bit of pressure off and hopefully with some returning players it might trigger a return to earlier form. If this happens then we could still get automatic promotion but any return to form needs to happen soon. 

17 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

This please Enzo:

Mads

Nelson

Coady

Faes

JJ

Winks

Albrighton

Yunus

KDH

Fatawu

Cannon

Im not buying Yunus and Albrighton together. I don't think the solution is Sharky (or at least starting him) and Yunus and KDH together has been horrible. Mavadidi is still the right choice to start, but if they park the bus well then i think you bring on Sharky.  JJ can't play again.

Its got to be:

Mads

Hamza

Coady

Faes

Doyle

Winks

Mavadidi

KHD

Nacho

Fatawu

Vardy

Make it happen Enzo. That team wins 0-3!

Edited by Chelmofox

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Im not buying Yunus and Albrighton together. I don't think the solution is Sharky (or at least starting him) and Yunus and KDH together has been horrible. Mavadidi is still the right choice to start, but if they park the bus well then i think you bring on Sharky.  JJ can't play again.

Its got to be:

Mads

Hamza

Coady

Faes

Doyle

Winks

Mavadidi

KHD

Nacho

Fatawu

Vardy

Make it happen Enzo. That team wins 0-3!

Surely if you were to do this, you'd have Doyle in defence and Hamza in midfield, no? Either way that's a rogue line-up!

2 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Why are people saying straight back in then?  You don’t need to answer that btw 

Same reason why people keep posting about Sensi having surgery.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

I'm feeling positive. You've just got to write the last few games off and see tonight as a fresh start. 

Same I think we bounce back tonight. Surely can’t lose 4 on the spin 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Surely if you were to do this, you'd have Doyle in defence and Hamza in midfield, no? Either way that's a rogue line-up!

Just poorly formatted.  Hamza inverted, Nacho as the 10.

Mads

Hamza

Coady

Faes

Doyle

Winks

KHD

Nacho

Mavididi

Fatawu

Vardy

Edit - give that 50 mins and if Nacho is still pony, replace him with Akgun and put Sharky on the right wing and tell him just to aim for Vardy's head for 40 minutes.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Nacho

I don't know who you are anymore.  :(  

:ph34r:

(I agree by the way)

• Haha 1

Go mental

Mads

Nelson Coady Doyle

Winks KDH

Fatawu        Mavidid

Nacho. Cannon

Vardy

Back to normal service tonight. The recent results should have put a real fire under the players, quietly confident that it can be the reminder we need to keep the foot on the gas right till the end.

Expecting to see more tempo tonight, a real chance to notch some goals against a weakened and poor team. They're genuinely weakened...we can still field a team full of internationals and premier league players.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Go mental

Mads

Nelson Coady Doyle

Winks KDH

Fatawu        Mavidid

Nacho. Cannon

Vardy

lol assuming they have any wingers that aren't Gary Taylor Fletcher they'd have a field day haha. I love it!