Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Sunderland (A) - Tuesday 5th March - 7.45pm

4 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Mads

Faes Coady  James 

Hamza Winks

Fatawu                  Mavidi

Albrighton KDH 

Vardy 

COYB - I'm really looking forward to this one 

Albrighton in the right side mezzala position is something that crossed my mind as well, I think he would actually be quite decent in that role. He'd certainly bring a lot of energy and would get into positions where he can put ball into the box.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Are you watching Pep?

Mads

Hamza Coady  Doyle

Winks

Fatawu  Nacho  Mavidi

Cannon

Vardy Daka

And we would still not score. 😳😳😳

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I'd probably just stick with what we've been doing, just do it faster and with more purpose.

At this stage, the tactics are neither here nor there. The tempo and desire to win need to be there.

Yep, and slightly more defensive concentration. While other teams have been clinical, we’ve let our guard down and been duly punished. If we keep clean sheet’s then we will win. 

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Albrighton in the right side mezzala position is something that crossed my mind as well, I think he would actually be quite decent in that role. He'd certainly bring a lot of energy and would get into positions where he can put ball into the box.

I'd put him in for experience, his link up with Vardy, his work rate and lets face it he's still a bloody good footballer 

• Like 1

Dear Enzo appreciate we had some bad luck with putting the ball in the back of the net against Leeds and Boro, ie sitters that should have gone in, and the Daka disallowed goal, and the poor performance against QPR, but please have a word with whatever team you see fit to select tonight, and highlight the importance of getting back to winning ways.

Let's smash Sunderland tonight, and put the myth that we fold in the last 10 to 15 mins to bed, or that we are bottling the run in, tonights match is of the upmost importance to Fans, who desperately want / need a victory to keep that gap between first and second, you know the score I'll say no more.

PS - Let's see some Fearless Foxes tonight, run rampant on the pitch and try for a comfortable away win, so I can leave the lid on my Keg of scrumpy jack cheers.

Surely they just need a rocket up them and good shake to get themselves together?

They know the performances are there if they’re on it and surely they want to get this over the line even it’s just for themselves. 

• Like 1

Despite recent performances, we're still top scorers in the league, we've got one of the meanest defences in the league, we've won the most games, fewest draws, among the fewest losses - there's a lot to be positive and that doesn't just evaporate overnight. Every team in this league has had a blip, hopefully this is the end of ours tonight.

This team has done it before. It’s still Enzo ball but it’s played at a much higher speed and intensity and will be difficult for a team like Sunderland to keep up. This will inevitably lead to many chances which will lead to real sitters which we HAVE TO SCORE! can’t emphasize this enough when we have the momentum we KILL THE GAME OFF than Enzo can slow the tempo down and play more controlled. These players perform better under these circumstances. Get it drilled into all their thick skulls that this is bloody serious so fix it immediately. Bring on the leaders to keep everyone’s heads up. Need to show ruthlessness not pity. I’m sure Sunderland will be expecting a very angry foxes today.

9 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Surely they just need a rocket up them and good shake to get themselves together?

They know the performances are there if they’re on it and surely they want to get this over the line even it’s just for themselves. 

The likes of Nacho, Albrighton and Vardy need to be involved more some rotation wouldn't go amiss.

I think being a Leicester fan, certainly one on Foxestalk, is all about complaining that the team have such a bad mentality and then losing your shit because you forgot whether or not it's green bin day. 

The one thing i'd like to see is us be more direct tonight. 

We are definitely capable of it. If a forward pass is on then i'd be encouraging the players to attempt it. Nothing is more tiring than constantly having to defend. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I'm a big fan of Mark but I don't see this working, For a start his legs are nearly gone. It will be too busy in that position with little time for a rest. 

At least on the wing he'd a get a break from time to time. Though he will bring a lot of experience and has an understanding with Vardy.

Unless Fats plays on the inside as he's always very busy, Chases back and is good on the Ball.

Though we'll know how it works out in a few Hours.

2 hours ago, Product of 84 said:

I'd play 3, 5, 2 Martin O'Neill style. 

Faas, Coady, Nelson

Albrighton, Hamza, Winks, KDH, Justin

Daka & Vardy

I love watching Fatawu and Mavididi but we haven't the personal to play our normal formation. 

Daka and Vardy have the pace to keep an eye on the fullbacks.

KDH to push up into Izzet a '10' role. 

Hamza does the Savage work

Winks mops up like Lennon. 

That's about the best of the dreamers teams ive seen fantasised about apart from Justin. 

He's done nothing on the left side, and certainly not at full back but he was a damn good attacking right back when we first had him. But good old square pegs in round holes Marescue (who binned off our best Left back Christiansen, insists that's the way forward. 

Also any chance of playing a left footed winger on the left side and a right footer on the right to stretch the opposition or do we always have to predictably narrow the play by having to cut inside thereby giving the opposition less area to cover. Bit of an outlandish thought I guess. 

• Haha 1

First goal important tonight. We get it and we win. They get it and it could be another frustrating game trying to break down an 11 man defence.

Edited by jayfox26

39 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I think being a Leicester fan, certainly one on Foxestalk, is all about complaining that the team have such a bad mentality and then losing your shit because you forgot whether or not it's green bin day. 

Oh ****...is it green bin day?!

• Haha 2

Stolar

Mads.     Ward

Justin Doyle Faes Souttar Coady

Winks

Mav.       

Vardy

2 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Stolar

Mads.     Ward

Justin Doyle Faes Souttar Coady

Winks

Mav.       

Vardy

Playing Mavididi on the right - are you mad? 

• Haha 1

Glass half empty and defeat tonight would see our now slender lead evaporate, but there's no point dwelling on the three cosecutive defeats that have enabled the chasing pack to eat up our comfortable cushion. The season is now an 11 game fight to the finish. Glass half full and 4 points from our next two away games would leave us in pole position after the international break with key players back from injury. Tonight we must play with real fight, ambition and intent. Time to bring in experience and leadership so Vardy, Albrighton and Coady should all start. Come on you Foxes, show us what you're made of!