Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

5 Years Today !

this time 5 year ago things weren't going well on pitch and br was a great choice at time and i for 1 can die happy being at wembley to see us win fa cup , sad how it ended but enzos been a good gaffa so far so maybe were on the up despite last 3 games. cheer up lads wilfs back soon.    

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

Bottling it in the last minute just like his last game for us

You have to see the ironic symmetry

It's funny because people then were blaming it on Puel and are now blaming the bottling on Rodgers. 

14 minutes ago, bovril said:

It's funny because people then were blaming it on Puel and are now blaming the bottling on Rodgers. 

I think at the time there was a perception that the team were quite soft both physically and mentally which was seen as a reflection of Puel's management style. 

I work with a Celtic fan who was absolutely fuming that BR left them to come to us. I remember him laughing on the Monday morning after this game, Can't even best bloody Watford, hahahaha. 

He's certainly not laughing anymore since BR went back 😭😭😭😭

Love how the only time you ever hear Puel praise is when it is used to Brendan bash.

I cant recall seeing much of this praise for Puel on FT when he was actually here.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

Came in at the right time. 

Gave us some very enjoyable moments, ultimately part of a team  winning the FA Cup. 

Sadly outstayed his welcome and should have done the honourable thing and walked instead of dragging us into the mire.

Can't really say much more than this. We had a fantastic 2019/20 up to Covid, we won the FA Cup. Two fifth place finishes (should've been fourth) but we'd seemingly solidified ourselves as one of the "other" teams just outside of that "big six"

Our senior leaders panicked on that nine game winning run at the thought of him leaving, pumped him with a five year megabucks deal and more power to ward off interest which ultimately led to him sitting on that contract playing 'sack chicken' as things turned sour.

14 hours ago, leatherhead32 said:

this time 5 year ago things weren't going well on pitch and br was a great choice at time and i for 1 can die happy being at wembley to see us win fa cup , sad how it ended but enzos been a good gaffa so far so maybe were on the up despite last 3 games. cheer up lads wilfs back soon.    

If he walks into the sunset after the FA Cup season, his self-manicured reputation intact and probably onto a big 6 club, he goes down as one of our greatest managers ever. I'll hold my hands up and admit that we played good football in his first season and much of the second.

Hindsight is a bugger. He stayed. Instead we got two of the absolute worst seasons I've experienced as a Leicester fan, playing dreadful football, with appalling game management, turgid tactics, zero mentality, players dropped seemingly due to personal grudges, the fanbase divided in an even worse manner than when Claudio fell on his sword, growing to hate not only the manager but a lot of the players too. To say he burnt bridges is an understatement. By the end he was blaming everyone except himself for the failure unfolding, and only agreed to eff off when relegation seemed to be a certain impending blot on his CV.

I'm obsessively following the Scottish Prem this season in the hopes Rangers embarrass him in his 'easy' gig to repair his tattered reputation. That says it all about how much I despise the self-important charlatan. 

• Like 2