Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Club highlights are lazy

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Is anyone else noticing this?

Surely if you have a free choice on what to include from 90 mins footage you could come up with better highlights than what they do usually.

Often from the compact highlights it's a 2 mins video of one other chance that is replayed unnecessarily. You often don't get to see any other key bits so therefore get no context of the game itself. 

Sometimes they put longer  extended highlights on but these consit of 3 mins of the unnecessary and pointless before kick off crap and then are hashed together with absolutely no thought.

All seems really lazy and I'm often shocked with really important key events in a game that are completely overlooked. 

They do a 15/20 min extended highlights for every game? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Surely if you have a free choice on what to include from 90 mins footage you could come up with better highlights than what they do usually.

Often from the compact highlights it's a 2 mins video of one other chance that is replayed unnecessarily. You often don't get to see any other key bits so therefore get no context of the game itself. 

Sometimes they put longer  extended highlights on but these consit of 3 mins of the unnecessary and pointless before kick off crap and then are hashed together with absolutely no thought.

All seems really lazy and I'm often shocked with really important key events in a game that are completely overlooked. 

I am not sure if Leicester specifically do this, but many other leagues/clubs have let AI auto-generate the highlights packages to save on the cost of putting it together, and maximize ad revenue generated on youtube. 

• Like 4

Just now, Detroit Blues said:

I am not sure if Leicester specifically do this, but many other leagues/clubs have let AI auto-generate the highlights packages to save on the cost of putting it together, and maximize ad revenue generated on youtube. 

Makes sense as I notice a lot of AI comments as the first post - usually a thumbnail of a woman in her underwear sprouting some ridiculous AI  nonsense that is unrelated.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Bert said:

They do a 15/20 min extended highlights for every game? 

Yeah but its not that much extra footage, as he said there is the introduction at the start, and then much of that extra time is used on extra replays, so I do agree with lazy editing.

I would like to see more of the non goal mouth action, more build up, more of what goes on in between the shots.  But instead is a million replays of a few bits of goal mouth action.

11 hours ago, Collymore said:

As an occasional highlights editor myself, I'd noticed exactly the same thing.  The three minutes of waffle at the start of the extended highlights is a waste of time. And at the risk of sounding like an edit-nerd, their audio cross-fades are crap.

11 hours ago, Collymore said:

Last time I watched them, there was 5 minutes of teams walking out the tunnel, team being announced etc at the start. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Collymore said:

The last game had a 2 min highlight which included our goal from about 7 cameras angles, and one fail from Sunderland. 

Maybe, and I’m going out on a limb here, it’s hard to find highlights when all we do is pass the ball?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OzFox said:

As an occasional highlights editor myself, I'd noticed exactly the same thing.  The three minutes of waffle at the start of the extended highlights is a waste of time. And at the risk of sounding like an edit-nerd, their audio cross-fades are crap.

8ic79y.jpg

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

8ic79y.jpg

lol Look, I can't help it, alright? It's what I do ;) 

The la Liga "highlights" we get here also include 20 seconds of the final whistle blowing and players shaking hands. Probably not the best use of their 3 minutes.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, OzFox said:

lol Look, I can't help it, alright? It's what I do ;) 

The la Liga "highlights" we get here also include 20 seconds of the final whistle blowing and players shaking hands. Probably not the best use of their 3 minutes.

I've noticed this with Italian lower league highlights too.

Minute 1 to minute 3 - players coming out, shaking hands, hot girl in the crowd, ooh look the Alps in the background, another hot girl, players warming up, shady looking guy on the touch line.

Minute 4 - goal.

Minute 5 - full time whistle. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

I've noticed this with Italian lower league highlights too.

Minute 1 to minute 3 - players coming out, shaking hands, hot girl in the crowd, ooh look the Alps in the background, another hot girl, players warming up, shady looking guy on the touch line.

Minute 4 - goal.

Minute 5 - full time whistle. 

lollol Makes you wonder how they cope with a high scoring game. I bet they'd still get the hot girl in there.

It's amusing to watch the highlights of pretty much any Sheff Utd home game recently. Some poor editor desperately trying to squeeze all the goals and near-misses into three or four minutes.

What they tend to do is just use the final pass leading to a goal, so you miss most of the build up.