Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

FA Cup: Chelsea (A) 4-2 Post-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Can’t fault the effort in the second half, but it papered over a disastrous first half.

If Sterling had his head screwed on, it could’ve been 5-0 at the break. 

I can't say I noticed an uptick in effort. Chelsea just started sitting in after Diassi decided to turn into a Frank Sinclair tribute act. They let us have the ball and retreated to the edge of their box for 10 minutes. It was so odd.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I can't say I noticed an uptick in effort. Chelsea just started sitting in after Diassi decided to turn into a Frank Sinclair tribute act. They let us have the ball and retreated to the edge of their box for 10 minutes. It was so odd.

So exactly what we do when we take the lead?

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

So exactly what we do when we take the lead?

Yep pretty much lol

Probably why the pundits said it wasn't over at half time as Chelsea seem unable to perform for 90 minutes.

Differing opinions on the game on here and I can see both sides..

My main concern was the p*ss poor pitch invader.  Mate.....that was the worst pitch invasion ever.  Wasn't a streak and wasn't really a proper runaround either.....You could have waited til Chelsea were attacking and not fall over after about 6 steps!! 😂.  What was the plan anyway once you were on the pitch?  Still.....worth a ban for 6 stumbling steps 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

Differing opinions on the game on here and I can see both sides..

My main concern was the p*ss poor pitch invader.  Mate.....that was the worst pitch invasion ever.  Wasn't a streak and wasn't really a proper runaround either.....You could have waited til Chelsea were attacking and not fall over after about 6 steps!! 😂.  What was the plan anyway once you were on the pitch?  Still.....worth a ban for 6 stumbling steps 😂😂😂

I always think, if you’re getting a ban anyway, might as well go and lamp Chilwell doing it. What’s the point otherwise? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I honestly wouldn't read into it too much one way or the other. The shortcomings we manifested have also been apparent in the FLC, so we can't say 'ah, well, what did you expect against a PL side?' And the only reason we didn't get a pasting was that Chelsea contrived to invite us back into the game instead of pressing on. We had flashes which showed some of our players can compete (principally a player who's likely to be off whether we go up or not), but no new ideas were tried out - understandably - and all we saw was a reminder that things which cost us against lower level opposition will also cost us at a higher level. I'm not sure what else you can glean from it.

• Like 1

On 17/03/2024 at 14:52, Super_horns said:

Unlucky guys .

In some ways not having that extra half an hour might not be a bad thing .

Cheers mate, and can I say what a pleasure it was walking around most of your town looking 

for the car park where I’d left my car.

• Haha 1

The good news is that KDH and to some extent Winks had better matches than of late, plus Ndidi is back. Hopefully if Ricardo gets back after the break and up to speed, maybe Vardy as well, we can regain some confidence and finish this season off.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 4