Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

FA Cup: Chelsea (A) 4-2 Post-Match Thread

28 minutes ago, oohaahmustafa said:

Nice. Train got cancelled so ended up getting 1 from St Pancras. No other Leicester about so not sure what everyone else did... Waited at Euston I assume?

Yeah, it was like a refugee camp.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MPH said:

and what happened when Vesty got exposed?  He literally walked past him couldn’t get near the winger..

Um... He was at least in the right place and at least forced the player to beat him. Not to mention that Jackson is lightning quick and will beat plenty of centre backs 1-1.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

It really wasn't, there was at least 3 players that contributed.

I get what you're saying. The whole defence was ball watching, but it was most specifically Choudhury's job to cover that position.

In many ways Vesty was the least to blame as at least he attempted to mark someone.

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Um .... The first goal was entirely Choudhury's fault. He was totally ball watching and allowed Cucurella to waltz in behind him with all the space in the world.

He was marking a player in the middle. His run wasn't tracked from midfield.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Would anyone really have wanted us to play on for an extra 30 mins with only 10 men.

Personally, I'm not fussed as we put on a decent show, didn't fold and now don't have those extra games to worry about.

Minimum of damage.

Done us have a favour. 

A decent showing for me but never has a game exposed the worst of its team. If you wanted a game to show what parts of this team aren’t good enough for the PL it was exposed in the first half. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I get what you're saying. The whole defence was ball watching, but it was most specifically Choudhury's job to cover that position.

In many ways Vesty was the least to blame as at least he attempted to mark someone.

Never mind Abdul coughing up possession in a terrible position. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dickov22 said:

KDH was simply magnificent and that will go a long way to getting him a big move in the summer. 

Thought the keeper played very well also. 

We cannot play an inverted full back system without Ricardo. Hamza has no idea where he needs to be defensively and he looked thoroughly fed up. Too slow as well.

Not sure what Coady needs to do to get a game here. Vestergaard is painfully slow and Faes is out of form. 

What game where you watching 

Defeat but overall a good effort.

Not perfect but much better than almost all of the games towards the end of Br$ndans reign against top flight opposition. 

Dug in and could have snuck it. Let's have more of that from here on.

• Like 1

I thought I was going mad, but I checked the stats and we were as roundly beaten as I thought we had been.

I feel like I was watching a different game to every one else lol

Chelsea imploded for about 15 minutes in the 2nd half and started treating us like Man City. They lobbed one into their own net for us and the Mavididi has scored out of nowhere. Other than that, we've had 5 shots to their 24 and been torn to shreds. Could easily have been 6 or 7 if they could finish.

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I thought I was going mad, but I checked the stats and we were as roundly beaten as I thought we had been.

I feel like I was watching a different game to every one else lol

Chelsea imploded for about 15 minutes in the 2nd half and started treating us like Man City. They lobbed one into their own net for us and the Mavididi has scored out of nowhere. Other than that, we've had 5 shots to their 24 and been torn to shreds. Could easily have been 6 or 7 if they could finish.

Momentum is a strange thing in football

we had it in the crucial period in the second half before faes went walkabout again and exposed vestergaard one on one with Jackson. 

id say that today showed that if we get up and can recruit cleverly, then we can have a good go at staying up playing this way.  Obviously having the same squad next season would not go very well with this style of play because the defence simply isn’t up to it. 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Momentum is a strange thing in football

we had it in the crucial period in the second half before faes went walkabout again and exposed vestergaard one on one with Jackson. 

id say that today showed that if we get up and can recruit cleverly, then we can have a good go at staying up playing this way.  Obviously having the same squad next season would not go very well with this style of play because the defence simply isn’t up to it. 

say that today showed that if we get up and can recruit cleverly, 

isnt he the Watford manager 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, beepee1984 said:

Strange Game - and credit to the players for effort.

First 60 minutes the teams were relatively equal, even though because of a bit of naivety, tactics?? & quality we could have also been 4-0 down. The IWB left us exposed and we lacked going forward – meaning relatively equal in the middle third, they were always looking like scoring where we didn’t

Got to 2-2 and took our creativity off, don’t know what Yunus offers us??

Doyle took a Red for the team and Justin replaced the last part of creativity we had in the team

Then we bring Coady on for Ndidi – now it was only attack v defence and (Unlike previous era’s) I’m not going to blame Enzo for that tactic, but ultimately attack won out today.

The subs killed any chance we could have won. Yes we were 10 men down, but with no creativity left on the pitch, Enzo’s changes meant we were destined to lose. It was an uphill battle anyway, but it is a cup tie and simply trying to defend was not going to give us any chance.

But the biggest error was playing Vesty today. We should have started with Coady instead. Vesty costed us 2 goals - first and third. Simply too slow against Premier League opponents.

When I saw Chelsea line up, I was fearing the worst. I know Chelsea form this season as been very inconsistent, but this was a very paced team, especially up front and I think we coped reasonably well, sure we were exposed many times, but I watched a few Chelsea matches, since the draw was made, and we more no more exposed then any other premier league team, so for me this is was reassuring, but it highlights areas we need to improve, firstly we need a pacy defender, a strong leader in  midfield and finally a winger that’s going to complement what we already have. We will need to smart with our purchases, but I think that’s when we been most successful in the transfer market, most of this season’s purchases proves this.

The one thing that was a stark reminder today though is how much we've been set back by Rodgers & Co. This is a massive job to reach the heights of where we once were going toe to toe with the top sides and often looking the better team. It'll take years to settle as a Prem side and we'll have to be patient. If we couldn't complete a decade in the league after winning the title, the stakes are even higher this time around

Edited by HybridFox
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dynamark said:

Vesty is nowhere near as quick as a sloth doesnt react.

Still not sure doyle made any contact attacker defo hit his own trailing leg to fall over maybe due to contact but VAR were suoer quick to decide ?

This is what makes a mockery of Var. They should be calling out the wrong decisions regardless of who it offends. Like they do in the Rugby. 

6 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

And the dressing room selfie of course :whistle:

Just the billion pounds and division between us but okay

Screenshot_20240317_232807_Instagram.jpg

FFP is laughable isn't it

spend over a billion on players but are Chelsea being looked at? 

no because we can't have the greedy 6 being penalised can we

ffp is set up to keep the status quo more than ever 

• Like 2