Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

FA Cup: Chelsea (A) 4-2 Post-Match Thread

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

Vesty is nowhere near as quick as a sloth doesnt react.

Still not sure doyle made any contact attacker defo hit his own trailing leg to fall over maybe due to contact but VAR were suoer quick to decide ?

I think it’s harsh as just clipped him and nothing sinister and very different to an obvious foul on the last man denying scoring opportunity…..a yellow would seem right to me…..but it’s so black / white now it’s irritating.

31 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

He may be cheapest / least worst option in quarterback role if promoted. A rapid centre back who complements him and Ben Nelson is maybe more important.

attackers in the prem are no mugs. They’ll isolate him and rip him to shreds just like he was for their first goal, having a rapid CB partner won’t help him at all.. if we get promoted, he needs replacing. Simples.

35 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

He may be cheapest / least worst option in quarterback role if promoted. A rapid centre back who complements him and Ben Nelson is maybe more important.

There is no quarterback position in a football team,

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MPH said:

We absolutely can not take Vesty into the prem with us. The way he got skinned by a winger not even trying to run for that first goal was very revealing….

41 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

attackers in the prem are no mugs. They’ll isolate him and rip him to shreds just like he was for their first goal, having a rapid CB partner won’t help him at all.. if we get promoted, he needs replacing. Simples.

Um .... The first goal was entirely Choudhury's fault. He was totally ball watching and allowed Cucurella to waltz in behind him with all the space in the world.

• Like 4

Just now, Trav Le Bleu said:

Um .... The first goal was entirely Choudhury's fault. He was totally ball watching and allowed Cucurella to waltz in behind him with all the space in the world.

It really wasn't, there was at least 3 players that contributed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

I am just doubting how much of a transfer budget there will be to replace all the players out of contract or below the standard.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

and what happened when Vesty got exposed?  He literally walked past him couldn’t get near the winger..

1 minute ago, JimmyC74 said:

I am just doubting how much of a transfer budget there will be to replace all the players out of contract or below the standard.

you have a slow defense, you’re coming straight back down. We’ve got attackers and mids with potential. The priority HAS to be the defense…

• Like 1

thought we played reasonably well today, higher end of ok first half and very good 2nd, red card killed the game

think Coady should start instead of Faes for a game or 2, 

i hope that performance has given some optimism for some for the rest of the season 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, OnlyOneCity said:

There is no quarterback position in a football team,

Call the position what you like. Progressive , ball playing central defender.

all I am saying is Enzo appears to rate him (at least ahead of his peers) and we may lack the funds to upgrade him in the summer. Especially given we may need maybe ten players.

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

I am aware of the rules 😂 However that will teach me to rely on Radio 5Live as a source - they were insistent it was all about double jeopardy whereas in fact it sounds like Doyle’s foul would have been a red irrespective…

Schoolboy error expecting pundits and commentators to know the laws and how they apply !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

you have a slow defense, you’re coming straight back down. We’ve got attackers and mids with potential. The priority HAS to be the defense…

Comfort on the ball and pace are the ideal but I don’t know many players that do both we could get in on modest fee and wages.

don’t get me wrong if we could upgrade then I am all for it.

1 hour ago, Foxmeister said:

I've got as far as MK, train to Rugby in 20 minutes apparently.

Nice. Train got cancelled so ended up getting 1 from St Pancras. No other Leicester about so not sure what everyone else did... Waited at Euston I assume?

18 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Weird match.

I though tactically we were naive and defensively terrible, but through Chelsea’s ineptitude we got back into the game and gave it a good go.

Crazy to play such a high line against Jackson, Sterling, Palmer and Mudryk. Even crazier to do it with Doyle instead of Justin. 

Maresca seems happy we didn’t change our style and gave them a good match, but they should have killed us by HT and ultimately it’s another match we’ve lost at the death.

Without heavy investment or incredibly shrewd recruitment I really fear this style of play just won’t work if we go up.

If anything, this game showed more about Chelsea and their problems than it did about Leicester city. Chelsea are exactly where they deserve to be in the Premier league. I was not impressed  by them at all. So many errors..