Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

FA Cup: Chelsea (A) 4-2 Post-Match Thread

Just now, Clever Fox said:

That's possibly true but it depends on who we sign in the Summer Window.

Who we gonna sign who’s going to be a comfortable mid table prem player? We don’t have the money, it’ll be young players who we will try and develop. 

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Who we gonna sign who’s going to be a comfortable mid table prem player? We don’t have the money, it’ll be young players who we will try and develop. 

Yes more than likely, But there are very good young players out there, We just have to make better signings that we have. Which is why I feel sorry for Enzo.

We gave it a go, ultimately, not too fussed we are out as there was no way we were winning this competition - even if we were playing Cov in the semi final, and had won, we'd have had to play Man City, Liverpool or Man United in the final. The first two would have won anyway, and United would be given as much ref help as necessary to win even if they were shit.

As much as everyone is saying we played well etc etc… I for one thought we were quite average, allowed back into the game due to a Chelsea howler..

for the hundreds of millions that  Chelsea have spent, they are a very open disjointed side..

I can’t help but feel if we’re to get promoted, we will ourselves be punished with our own open style once we dont have the ball… you can drive a bus through our midfield at times, no one anywhere to be seen…

Its also shown up that like Burnley and sheff Utd, we don’t have many PL players there and would easily have to add 8/9 new faces (not that that would be done due to our off field issues)

promotion would only be good for the money…. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkFox said:

Correct me if wrong, but It's a strange interpretation of rules.

Yellow card already given. Ref is using VAR to make penalty/no penalty decision. He is clearly not using it to decide between red and yellow card. So completely missing how this VAR check could be turned into red card decision, unless there were two sequential VAR checks we don't know about?

Basically, if you make a genuine attempt to get the ball, but concede a penalty, you get a yellow card. If its a free kick outside the box, and you are the last defender, it's a red.

54 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Good showing and a believe in enzo ball, unlucky today though let’s just get promoted and move on, because us and Leeds are better than several sides in the PL to be honest 

Not sure what you base this on…

Burnley pissed the championship last season….. useless this…

I think we’re  this seasons sheff Utd tbh..

as soon as a team presses us…we really struggle in the championship..imagine that in the PL ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

we need the money to avoid financial calamity 

I think our parachute payment next season is around £40/£50m. Almost £100m guaranteed in the prem.  it’s simply not a good option for us to remain in the championship - on any basis unless you’re a fan of a long period in the second tier. 

Honestly, I like the Championship ,where the teams are a little more equal and there's less Bias towards the smaller clubs.

But obviously I want us back at the top of the Premiership again. Though that's a long way off for now. We have a lot of young players and I'd hate their considence and moral crushed by constant defeats. That could set us back even further. Look what happened to Leeds and Sunderland not too long ago, They sank to league one.

I'd hate that to happen to us. Been their and done that.

• Like 1

Our defence too slow. Yunus not strong enough. Do we abuse Mavididi?He scored and cupped an ear to the fans after if to say support me!! Not enjoying playing like Fatawu, is that the fans fault? Whatever, we need to get behind every player now whatever they do!!

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Only @lcfcbluearmy appears to know the laws 

Last man with no attempt to play the ball is a red, even with a pen (see regulion for Brentford yesterday) if it’s a goal scoring opportunity 

I reckon if it had actually been a pen then the var would have told madley that Doyle made no attempt to play the ball and it would have been changed to a red 

I am aware of the rules 😂 However that will teach me to rely on Radio 5Live as a source - they were insistent it was all about double jeopardy whereas in fact it sounds like Doyle’s foul would have been a red irrespective…

17 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Vesty is nowhere near as quick as a sloth doesnt react.

Still not sure doyle made any contact attacker defo hit his own trailing leg to fall over maybe due to contact but VAR were suoer quick to decide ?

Ahh he did, there's a few angles where you see clear contact which contributes to him kicking himself in the back of the leg I think. Similar to the pen to be fair.

How inconsistent Jackson is there's every chance he'd have missed the 1 on 1 anyway.

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes the Money from Promotion could make the difference provided we're prepared to give Enzo a chunk of it.

If not I fear we'll be fighting relegation all season and that's not good for a young squad.

You're disregarding the whole FFP disaster lurking. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

We absolutely can not take Vesty into the prem with us. The way he got skinned by a winger not even trying to run for that first goal was very revealing….

He may be cheapest / least worst option in quarterback role if promoted. A rapid centre back who complements him and Ben Nelson is maybe more important.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

That's possibly true but it depends on who we sign in the Summer Window.

Almost nobody I imagine. Sell yes. Maybe a couple of very low key purchases and a few loans. That will be it. 

There’s a great proverb about a Chinese farmer who keeps being met with forms

of good and bad luck. He says’ “We’ll see” to each event. I feel like that now avoiding the extra game with Man City. Maybe our luck just turned.