Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

FA Cup: Chelsea (A) 4-2 Post-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Have you ever called us rampant? If Ipswich keep winning what will you do with your many folders of broken down tractor pictures?

We were rampant at Stoke!.... that's about it I think.

God, yes!...all my 'folders' of broken down tractors!.. you're right.  What am I going to do with them now?  I'll have to dig out some more up-to-date, suitable images.  Give me a mo.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

We were rampant at Stoke!.... that's about it I think.

God, yes!...all my 'folders' of broken down tractors!.. you're right.  What am I going to do with them now?  I'll have to dig out some more up-to-date, suitable images.  Give me a mo.

Well apparently just winning x amount of games in a row is justification to be called rampant, so......

1 hour ago, Ledecestre said:

If it was a red all day why did the ref give a yellow? He was still last man whether it was in or out the box.

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Because if it was a penalty it couldn't have been a red card, those are the rules

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Ref thought it was inside the box

If it inside the box it is a penalty and he only gets a yellow because of double jeopardy

1 hour ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

Because at the time he gave the yellow he also gave a pen. As soon as it was a free kick it's a red. 

Double jeapody rule, pen and yellow for last man, free kick and red. 

So as it was a free kick as ruled by VAR, it's a red all day long. 

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Because the ref initially thought it was in the box and gave a penalty, which meant it wasn’t a red card because of the double jeopardy rule. Once it was corrected to a free kick, the double jeopardy rule no longer applied so it was a red.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Had to give him yellow to avoid double jeopardy.

Once it was outside the box it is technically stopping a legitimate goal scoring opportunity/last man so has to be a red.

1 hour ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Double jeopardy means as long as it wasn't violent conduct/ no attempt made to get the ball only a yellow can be given

Only @lcfcbluearmy appears to know the laws 

Last man with no attempt to play the ball is a red, even with a pen (see regulion for Brentford yesterday) if it’s a goal scoring opportunity 

I reckon if it had actually been a pen then the var would have told madley that Doyle made no attempt to play the ball and it would have been changed to a red 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will1981 said:

he had no choice its in the rules.

Correct me if wrong, but It's a strange interpretation of rules.

Yellow card already given. Ref is using VAR to make penalty/no penalty decision. He is clearly not using it to decide between red and yellow card. So completely missing how this VAR check could be turned into red card decision, unless there were two sequential VAR checks we don't know about?

• Like 1

Red card was a red card, it killed our chances but can't argue it. We put up a good fight against one of the strongest squads in the land. I'm proud of the effort and performance the boys put in. If anything, today told me we have half a chance next year, IF, we go up. That's the ultimate focus and I think we will do it but the negativity on here is beyond belief. Do you support this club or just want to moan about any slightest thing? I know every club has them but we seem to be on a different scale. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SkFox said:

Correct me if wrong, but It's a strange interpretation of rules.

Yellow card already given. Ref is using VAR to make penalty/no penalty decision. He is clearly not using it to decide between red and yellow card. So completely missing how this VAR check could be turned into red card decision, unless there were two sequential VAR checks we don't know about?

It’s perfectly in order.  Ref thought Doyle had made an attempt to get to the ball so gave him a yellow because of double jeopardy pen award on denying a goal scoring opportunity.  I’m sure that if it was a pen the var would have told madley to reconsider that because Doyle made no attempt to get to the ball. 

1 hour ago, lnkstern said:

Drab first half.  Spirited second half after the humorous OG by Chelsea.

Doyle was left out to dry by the rest of our defense, and was forced to take a red card for the team.  Couldn't hold Chelsea back after that.

Dust ourselves off in two weeks and get promoted!

Couldn't have put it better myself! Let's get the job done!!

49 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Maybe another year in the Championship would'nt be the worst outcome that could happen us. While we rebuild and go again. 

**** no, I've quite enjoyed watching us play prem sides again,

• Like 1

Havnt read through the thread as I’ve just got home from Stamford Bridge so I don’t know if this has been said or not.

my god what was Enzo thinking about the Fatawu Yunus change 

• Like 1

Felt more like Chelsea letting us back into the game rather than us forcing it.

They are so mentally weak, it's a testament to how weak we are that we came from from 2-0 down and then managed to hand them the initiative back. That's some world class levels of bottling to be fair.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Havnt read through the thread as I’ve just got home from Stamford Bridge so I don’t know if this has been said or not.

my god what was Enzo thinking about the Fatawu Yunus change 

'Kin'ell did you take the concorde?

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I think their system is a little less reliant on control though so I agree to an extent but we also have to remember they have world class recruitment. We have eroded/had our recruitment system dismantled over the years. 

The last time I felt like we had a good system in place was under Puel. 

This really isn’t a dig at a set of fans but I’ve been quite confused that we have a rather large part of our fan base who think our system can work next season because we will be improving the player base, whilst ignoring we have Rudkin in charge, then lots of those same individuals are the same ones saying he’s useless 😂 

I’m really not sure if I’m hopeful or fearful for us at the moment, we simply have to go up to save the club, but if we do it could be a very rapid descent back down. 
on the one hand we need significant investment in Enzo to make this work, on the other hand if we do that and go down we will be ruined for a generation. 

Spot on mate.

Comparing our recruitment to Brighton’s is beyond deluded.

They sign players based on various stats and bar Pedro (who’s turned out pretty decent) were all picked up for peanuts.

We sign Soumare and offer him a HUGE wedge thus unable to shift him (rinse and repeat for a high % of signings since winning the league).

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

What oprions did he have. Vardy out injured. Kelechi out of Form, Cannon not up to pace fitness and match wise.

Who else could he bring on. ?

My post was not solely regarding this match, more since he signed ! 

He could have brought on any of the above and I can’t see how they could have been any worse in terms of technical ability than Daka. 

Fwiw, these are my thoughts.

Firstly, pelters are out for Enzo again but i personally don't think the style looked at of place against a PL who should be doing better than they are. At times we were able to control significant spells of play and thought we looked more dangerous through the centre of the pitch that usual. There are a section of our fanbase that want the style to fail, but i think our games against Bournemouth and Chelsea don't give me any cause for concern. We will need better players, but that would be the case regardless of the system we played.

Most of our defence is going to be too slow to cope with pacey attacks (Doyle included, even if he did take one for the team today). We already knew this. Bournemouth showed we might be able to deal with it for bottom half Prem teams, but the elite are going to have a lot of chances against us.

We are blessed with 2 very good goalkeepers and Jakub today did himself proud despite the scoreline, and his distribution was fine (i thought anyway). 

KDH stepped it up today. Don't know if this is because Ndidi had a better game or if he's mentally dropped off a bit against Championship teams. Part of me thought he was putting himself in the shop window. He was one of the better players out there for either team. I thought Ndidi looked really good, and gives me a lot of hope for the rest of the season, especially if we get Riccy P back.

We are still playing really reserved in the final 3rd. Not taking enough shots, not taking our chances.  Daka is a great presser, but he's not looking dangerous anymore. This is my big concern going into the final 9 games.

Abdul has a way to go to reach his potential. He overplayed today and was overthinking. Looked good at times though - the potential is there.

The games gives me confidence and im hoping his goal gives Mavididi confidence too. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

My post was not solely regarding this match, more since he signed ! 

He could have brought on any of the above and I can’t see how they could have been any worse in terms of technical ability than Daka. 

Except for one thing, Daka does have pace but that's about all he offers.