Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Time to join the Foxes Trust

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

After attending the Union fs night last night this really is the way forward. I'd like to see the other supporters groups stick their head above the parapet too.

Also think we should try and form more supporters groups. It's the only way the club will listen. I've just no idea how we'd form something.

Thank you for coming.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

After attending the Union fs night last night this really is the way forward. I'd like to see the other supporters groups stick their head above the parapet too.

Also think we should try and form more supporters groups. It's the only way the club will listen. I've just no idea how we'd form something.

The main point is to all join foxes trust .... then those who want to can discuss at ufs, here on FT or wherever... and so groups can put forward motions or candidates to the foxes trust. 

Imo the foxes trust incorporation is open and fair, it's just for fans or groups of fans to engage with it .

We can have a section herein for discussion of foxestrust business.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

What hit me last night was that Union FS have too often been a lone voice - the more we can make a voice heard through this the better and this should fall to UFS alone.

I was surprised that foxes trust are basically met with radio silence as well as UFS. Whilst engaging with fan groups is the last thing on their mind at the moment, they simply have to and have been getting away with a lack of communication for far too long. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I was surprised that foxes trust are basically met with radio silence as well as UFS. Whilst engaging with fan groups is the last thing on their mind at the moment, they simply have to and have been getting away with a lack of communication for far too long. 

The more of us that join, the less likely they can continue to do this.

• Like 3

THe Foxes Trust are already recognised as the LCFC fan's representatives by the Football Supporters' Association (FSA) and the FSA are likely to be the go to group by the new Independent Football Body.

It's ready made to have extra 'powers' given to it. It just needs more fans to join to make it stronger and more influential to pressure the club into opening up and change.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, davieG said:

THe Foxes Trust are already recognised as the LCFC fan's representatives by the Football Supporters' Association (FSA) and the FSA are likely to be the go to group by the new Independent Football Body.

It's ready made to have extra 'powers' given to it. It just needs more fans to join to make it stronger and more influential to pressure the club into opening up and change.

Agree, but the club won’t change while those 3 are running it. To be accountable you have to want to be accountable and I’m not convinced that we are run in a way that wants to do anything but hide when it’s tough or speak out when it’s good.

a couple of years time it’ll be tennis balls on the pitch against Carlisle away 

Shipman out.

• Like 1

I was amember when it first started but left when it didn't seem to achieve much. I'm not able to participate actively but I've joined again knowing that membership numbers are also important.

I know there are more important things to many members relating to tickets and attending matches but I'd really like to see that the Stadium is more LCFC than King Power and that our past history is not totally ignored.

• Like 3

If one good thing's coming out of this nonsense, it's that people have so much talent and ability to offer are organising for the cause of the fanbase. Let's hope the trend continues, it's really encouraging.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Also wanted to share my thoughts having been to the Union FS forum on Thursday night.

It’s quite clear that UFS have some great people who genuinely care about the club, the fan community and the city of Leicester. What they’ve achieved across the 10 years they’ve been in action is something they should be incredibly proud of.

However, it was also quite clear that they run up against resistance, silence and obstruction from the club on a regular basis. Recent examples where they’ve been able to overcome this - such as the general sale of tickets - are when they’ve partnered with the Foxes Trust. That partnership can be powerful.

The Foxes Trust have unfortunately, in many instances, been found wanting in pushing the club or being able to leverage their access as an official supporters trust. It feels like that organisation has gone stale and those in charge don’t have either the appetite or the ability to hold our club accountable. With some of the recent developments, it’s really important we have a Trust that can do that.

Because of that, as @CosbehFox says, a number of us have joined to learn more about how the Trust operates and see what we can do to encourage a more effective Trust. Our ability to do that will be made or broken on others coming along with us or not.

If you’d like to join us, get yourself a £10 Trust membership and DM me so that I can give you access to our WhatsApp channel where we’ll be coordinating our approach.

Great work 

• 2 weeks later...