Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Time to join the Foxes Trust

Posted (edited)
On 19/03/2024 at 07:49, foxinsocks said:

The bill to change the governance of football is coming.  The current foxes trust position is way too cozy.... look how they described anti rodgers banner wavers as idiots.  We need a trust that will challenge the club and promote transparency.

If enough of us join then we can table motions or champion candidates...  we can discuss on ft.

I dont like the foxes trust... but feel we must now join up to sort it out.

What alternative do we have?

Bumping this up...  the new bill will force clubs to engage.  The foxes trust is fair and democratic.... if it has numbers it cannot be ignored.  

Difficult news today... now more than ever we need a club engaging with fans and fans engaging with the club via the supporters trust.

Please join up and help us get  the club to focus on fan issues.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

Going to be honest I’ve jumped on the band wagon here and have no idea how the trust even works. 

Can someone explain to me how we’re going to actually use this to get our feelings known or how we can use it to put pressure on the club?

How do the trust know the feelings of the membership as a whole?

• Like 2

Just now, Ginger_Filbert said:

Going to be honest I’ve jumped on the band wagon here and have no idea how the trust even works. 

Can someone explain to me how we’re going to actually use this to get our feelings known or how we can use it to put pressure on the club?

It's about getting more voices heard. For the size of the fan base, the member numbers were very low. It's about holding the club accountable and making sure the Trust asks the right questions to the club when it comes to various things that affect fans. Making sure the club don't get away with the financial shitshow released today, but also other ways to positively influence the club into doing things that fans care about - ticketing, safe standing, atmosphere at the club, making sure they engage with fans properly and a whole host of other things. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

We will be communicating...  but we do want to see a survey of ALL supporters to give strength to the fans' suggestion. OK trust  members get to vote - but the trust needs ot measure the thoughts of the entire supporter base to be credible.  The first thing is to invigorate the trust.

• Like 2

I’ve joined. I’ve also emailed the Foxes Trust my feelings. Just so they can see exactly the membership’s position rather than just producing a statement on what they think the memberships thoughts are. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

The Foxes Trust is the recognised contact channel to the club on behalf of the fans by the FSA (https://thefsa.org.uk/) and the FSA will be the fans' contact point with the  Independent Football Regulator (IFR) (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/football-governance-bill-supporting-documents#:~:text=Details,local communities football clubs service.)

• Like 4

With all the new memberships, will the Trusts’ stance on other factors change aswell? I’m thinking more fan engagement, atmosphere etc.?

As crazy as it sounds, for me, being able to be proud of my club in these areas (atmosphere, fanbase, etc) means more than us being a ‘good’ club footballing wise.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

With all the new memberships, will the Trusts’ stance on other factors change aswell? I’m thinking more fan engagement, atmosphere etc.?

As crazy as it sounds, for me, being able to be proud of my club in these areas (atmosphere, fanbase, etc) means more than us being a ‘good’ club footballing wise.

This will come with time. The trust is a democracy with the frame of its guidelines. You have your voice and your chance to highlight this.