Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Time to join the Foxes Trust

Definitely time for the Trust to grow in numbers and also in efforts.

Very keen to know what they’ll do now based on this alone:

“To hold Leicester City Football Club and its owners to account for the highest standards of business management, and operational and commercial decisions that directly affect Foxes Trust members and the wider supporter base”. 

It’s very easy for club officials to shut fan groups down in meetings with red tape nonsense (i’ve been encouraged to do that myself in the past by CEO’s) or by giving privileges (why did the AGM have to at seagrave for example?) 

Club officials may be praying for promotion for self preservation reasons more than anything else and if the Trust are fit for purpose then this is the moment they’ve been waiting for. They should be strapping in for a very uncomfortable but productive ride.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

You’ve kinda supported my argument though, they’re capitalising on the turmoil of our club to drive up money through membership sign ups. The trust has largely been submissive to the club in recent years and has failed to take them to account at all 

The Trust haven't actively sought this recent influx of members though, hence why it's organic. 

They may take the money which is the membership process, but they've had more new members in the past two weeks than they've had in several years combined. 

Time for change. A positive one at that hopefully! And that comes from the fans that want to make that change and be part of it. We want to support the existing Trust members and setup in holding the club accountable for the mess we're in. 

• Like 2

Culminating in a synchronised Tennis ball ball protest like at Reading and Ireland to highlight our frustrations in towards English football and our hierarchy?

I think the goal of supporters groups should be similar to the influence that German groups have towards their clubs. Getting a seat at the table is what’s needed.

Look up the clip of the leader of the Darmstadt Ultra who gave their team a post match rollicking after they lost 6-0 at home. Imagine that last season following some of our poor home performances!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parker Pen said:

Culminating in a synchronised Tennis ball ball protest like at Reading and Ireland to highlight our frustrations in towards English football and our hierarchy?

I think the goal of supporters groups should be similar to the influence that German groups have towards their clubs. Getting a seat at the table is what’s needed.

Look up the clip of the leader of the Darmstadt Ultra who gave their team a post match rollicking after they lost 6-0 at home. Imagine that last season following some of our poor home performances!

Have you joined? Some good ideas here pal.

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

It's a little surprising that the Trust itself, it seemed over many years, hadn't marketed itself more.

Very few are interested in supporters trusts when things are going well. 

Just my opinion, but the higher up the leagues you go the less influence the trust will have, I think when looking at Premier league clubs and the bigger championship clubs they tend to see engagement with fan groups/trusts and the role of Fan Engagement as a tick box exercise for PR purposes, only when the shit hits the fan, or clubs are in the lower echelons of the league does it feel like these fan groups and supporter trusts have any real voice and valued contribution to their club. 

Somehow we need to use this current plight as an opportunity to support the Foxes Trust to become a vehicle for positive engagement with the club and transformational change in the traditional supporter experience of the club. 

5 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Just my opinion, but the higher up the leagues you go the less influence the trust will have, I think when looking at Premier league clubs and the bigger championship clubs they tend to see engagement with fan groups/trusts and the role of Fan Engagement as a tick box exercise for PR purposes, only when the shit hits the fan, or clubs are in the lower echelons of the league does it feel like these fan groups and supporter trusts have any real voice and valued contribution to their club. 

Somehow we need to use this current plight as an opportunity to support the Foxes Trust to become a vehicle for positive engagement with the club and transformational change in the traditional supporter experience of the club. 

That's correct - it's simply a numbers game. Someone like Rochdale could have 100 fans - and that accounts for 5% of their match going fans. 

We need to compare how trusts operate for PL clubs and bigger championship clubs. Look at recent campaigns by Spurs on Over 65 age pricing and Chelsea on compensation for a fixture change. Other trusts target a more community based involvement - highlighting charities etc. There's a lot in my opinions that fans want to be heard on in a purely fan engagement basis before we even get to concerns of safeguarding on LCFC Female Team and poor communicative measures from the club 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve joined.

Looking forward to what they have to say 

1)How many people get a face to face from the Trust?

2) you think you'll hear more than the usual club line?

3) they will just withdraw from the scheme citing that the Trust no longer fulfills the vision  of its inception due to malignant membership.

On 02/04/2024 at 23:43, Daggers said:

Utterly fvcking pointless. 

Protest and stop giving them cash or stay the fvck at home. 

Not trying to argue with you but say we do or vast majority choose not to go, buy merchandise etc. then what ? What is the next step ?

Surely that process makes us more dependant (than we already are) on a rich owner ? potentially leads to a stand off where the opposite party has deeper pockets and can have more of significant impact on the long term future of LCFC.

Joining the trust is one way alongside many others active steps to try to influence change. Everyone knows it’s not an easy process and one letter doing the job but deserting the club at this stage seems far more detrimental than beneficial. 

Explain to me what I’m missing. 

By the way I am not a fan of the trust. I believe the board is not fit for purpose, I’ve got many criticisms of the processes and the way they approach crisis but it is out recognised trust - it’s here for situations like this. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes

8 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Very few are interested in supporters trusts when things are going well. 

Spot on.  That's the (sad) reality of it.   

When things appear to be going well, most of us forget about any type of fan involvement/communication with the club ... and just take the free beer and donuts and enjoy the game.

47 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Spot on.  That's the (sad) reality of it.   

When things appear to be going well, most of us forget about any type of fan involvement/communication with the club ... and just take the free beer and donuts and enjoy the game.

I guess it depends on how the Trust involves itself and uses the funds. In so called good times they could do lots of community things, influence the club to support the fans more subsidising/compensating away trips etc, supporting Union FS, improving all aspects of ticketing , safe standing, making it more about LCFC tha KPFC with the history of the club.

In bad times organise actions to show the club they must consider the fans more.

The scope is only limited by the size of it's membership /representation and what it's members suggest or agree to.