Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Time to join the Foxes Trust

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

You can stop going, but the reason clubs have put in decades worth of work and investment towards the huge numbers of newly minted middle classes in the emerging economies is because they don't need us. You can stop doing all you describe above, I doubt it would make a material difference. 

Change happens by getting organised, stuck in and doing it yourself. Incredibly simplistic drivel like the 'except for' post above - which reads like a spotty bedroom pop singer with a Blur poster who reached no.47 on the daily spotify listings and creamed himself daily is based on nothing but delusion.

What do you mean getting organised and stuck in? I can't speak for anyone but from what I've read on here, Union FS' experience with the club is like banging their heads against a wall. There definitely needs to be a dialogue between leagues/clubs and fans, but how often do the power structures take note of anything fans say out of the goodness of their own hearts? They only act when there is money at stake.

I'm aware commercial revenues are not centered around fans buying crap in the shop and STs, but if say 90% of City fans agreed to a boycott of the club next season including no paid for TV services, don't you think it would have an immediate impact? If the stadium was empty, would that not be a PR disaster for the club and a huge talking point? Don't you think a big body of fans boycotting games would have more effect then a big group of fans holding a banner inside the ground chomping on pukka pies drinking piss beer? Commercial income from fans doesn't have a huge impact in the grand scheme of things, but it definitely is notable and counts towards all these PSR calcs that have surfaced lately.

We all need to take action, I won't argue with that. But pouring hundreds and thousands of pounds into following the club year on year, paying Sky and BT and moaning at the same time about the game is a little bit self-defeating, don't you think?

I completely understand why people do of course and I don't judge anyone who does, but it is a form of tacit approval for them to keep doing what they are doing.

Edited just to add that ultimately these issues are systemic and we as fans individually are not to blame - we are exploited because we love something. That is why I think saying no is more important.

Edited by ajthefox

Any fan group trying to engage with the club will get nothing back. The club don’t give a shit what the fans think as long as you keep paying your money. They’ll only do little things to make it look like they are listening. A few games on general sale and then bosh it’s gone is the perfect example. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

What do you mean getting organised and stuck in? I can't speak for anyone but from what I've read on here, Union FS' experience with the club is like banging their heads against a wall. There definitely needs to be a dialogue between leagues/clubs and fans, but how often do the power structures take note of anything fans say out of the goodness of their own hearts? They only act when there is money at stake.

I'm aware commercial revenues are not centered around fans buying crap in the shop and STs, but if say 90% of City fans agreed to a boycott of the club next season including no paid for TV services, don't you think it would have an immediate impact? If the stadium was empty, would that not be a PR disaster for the club and a huge talking point? Don't you think a big body of fans boycotting games would have more effect then a big group of fans holding a banner inside the ground chomping on pukka pies drinking piss beer? Commercial income from fans doesn't have a huge impact in the grand scheme of things, but it definitely is notable and counts towards all these PSR calcs that have surfaced lately.

We all need to take action, I won't argue with that. But pouring hundreds and thousands of pounds into following the club year on year, paying Sky and BT and moaning at the same time about the game is a little bit self-defeating, don't you think?

I completely understand why people do of course and I don't judge anyone who does, but it is a form of tacit approval for them to keep doing what they are doing.

Edited just to add that ultimately these issues are systemic and we as fans individually are not to blame - we are exploited because we love something. That is why I think saying no is more important.

That’s what I mean. Join a group like UFS and plug away if you care that much. Their experience is like banging your head against a wall, that’s no reason to give up. Keep banging if you care. I presume that’s how tifos and singing sections appear. I work in sustainability reporting, we’ve been banging our heads against a global brick wall for decades and only now are we getting some headway lol.

If 90% fans ‘just don’t go’ I honestly believe that won’t make a material difference, happy to be proven wrong tho. They have armies of middle class emerging economy citizens throwing commercial revenue at them. Pre season tours and sponsorship are far east based for many clubs, that’s where the money is, not Bob and his son buying shirts every year. 
Football works perfectly for me, I have never given the broadcasters a dime, I watch iptv. I watch a lot of PL and CL. I never have and never will buy merchandise and refreshments. I have a STH and love going when I’m back in the uk and it’s part of my identity to say I’m a lcfc STH. otherwise there is always a city fan family/friend in my seat. But I also fully support threads like these advocating action, and get aggrieved by the weak minded whingers (not you) 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Daggers said:

They don’t give a shit about your voice.

And I don't give a shit about theirs. 

They may hold the shares and own the freehold, but it's my club and your club 200x more than it will ever be Top,'s or Susan Whelan's. 

.these people answer to us. Why give them a free ride with a futile boycott? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

And I don't give a shit about theirs. 

They may hold the shares and own the freehold, but it's my club and your club 200x more than it will ever be Top,'s or Susan Whelan's. 

.these people answer to us. Why give them a free ride with a futile boycott? 

I totally understand people wanting to boycott because of King Power, I respect them more than the generic rubbish that have started to put the company (not family) on a pedestal. Albeit, I won’t boycott because by going and seeing my club, I think I can claim some ownership still, like you state. Nonetheless, I certainly respect those, like the poster you have replied to, that have decided not to attend and give good support to a deserving non-league club.

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

They get use of Seagrave and Ricardo was sent to their AGM. Without sounding bitter thats absolute wild compared to the hands other supporter groups get.

What’s an AGM?

• Haha 1

I was at a dinner last year with a guy from the foxes trust - he was a decent guy and blue through and through, used to be the relationship director at Alliance and Leicester when they sponsored us - had a few good stories to tell. 

I know the foxes trust get a fair amount of stick on here but a decent chunk of it will be it’s cool to ridicule everything they say - partially right but it’s not all bad in my experience. 

• Like 4

This argument about ‘just stop going’ is just tripe really.

It’s not going to happen. All you have to do is to watch all the happy clappers who were ‘keeping the faith’ as the club got relegated last season.

As far as I can recollect, there were very few protests about what was happening both on, and off the field.

People somehow always find the money to go to football and don’t forget, for many families it’s NOT about watching the football, it’s just a day out. 
I know a number of families who have season tickets and see attending the football as a ‘family treat’.

They actually don’t give a shite about the football itself and would literally still attend if we were in League 2. In fact, they’d probably be happier because the season tickets would be cheaper. 

Edited by Col city fan

52 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

they actually don’t give a shite about the football itself and would literally still attend if we were in League 2

You say this as if you think it's some kind of insult.

If they'd still be there in League 2 and you wouldn't, they're arguably more of a fan than you are.

12 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

They get use of Seagrave and Ricardo was sent to their AGM. Without sounding bitter thats absolute wild compared to the hands other supporter groups get.

What do other supporter groups get? 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

This argument about ‘just stop going’ is just tripe really.

It’s not going to happen.

The rows of the spineless sitting in silence are really forcing KPFC into change, eh. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

What do other supporter groups get? 

Pride appear to have a monthly meeting with players. They have had a stall for them in the shop and tours of Seagrave. A room at the ground for their quiz night, this wasn’t granted to others.

OSC I'm not sure do much other than run their away coach scheme.

Trust I've mentioned about the AGM above plus a monthly meeting with board members.

UFS just a telling off.

* before anyone jumps in saying this is UFS crying it’s not at all. Its just stating the way the club treats the groups is very different. Id wager the way the club communicates with them is quite stark also. One wins them awards whilst the other likely is just a headache so thats likely half the reason.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, BertFill said:

You say this as if you think it's some kind of insult.

If they'd still be there in League 2 and you wouldn't, they're arguably more of a fan than you are.

That's too simplistic a view. 

The point is, yes, these type of people are attendees. They are spectators. They don't participate. The emotional involvement isn't there. 'well done / hard luck lads'

A football fan is actually to be part of it. A representative. Support, not spectate. Be involved rather than delegate your life to others 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

That's too simplistic a view. 

The point is, yes, these type of people are attendees. They are spectators. They don't participate. The emotional involvement isn't there. 'well done / hard luck lads'

A football fan is actually to be part of it. A representative. Support, not spectate. Be involved rather than delegate your life to others 

Well I'm certainly not going to tell either you or them how to support your club, and I wish more people would just let everyone else get on with supporting however the hell they want to.

And it's not too simplistic a view. It's a particular response to a particular point. It's not meant to be an entire philosophy of football supporting.

Edited by BertFill

On 19/03/2024 at 07:49, foxinsocks said:

The bill to change the governance of football is coming.  The current foxes trust position is way too cozy.... look how they described anti rodgers banner wavers as idiots.  We need a trust that will challenge the club and promote transparency.

If enough of us join then we can table motions or champion candidates...  we can discuss on ft.

I dont like the foxes trust... but feel we must now join up to sort it out.

What alternative do we have?

I’ve been waiting to see if there’s any word from them on the reported financial breaches as well but… tumbleweed.

I’m with you though. More than happy to get involved in a movement to sort it out and get a trust that actually works for the fans.

Where can people register interest in getting involved as well?

• Thanks 1

The Foxes Trust is open for any LCFC fan to join

Join Us – Membership – Foxes Trust

We welcome new members and the Trust board will discuss any suggestions put forward by members to them

We are a democratic organisation and ran under the rules published on our website, holding annual elections with board members retiring and re-standing (if they wish) by rotation.

As per the initial post, as a result of the Fan Led Review, an Independent Regulator will be soon approved through Parliament and we have been in discussions with the club for over a year now on the formation of a Fans Advisory Board (which under Premier League rules would have already been formed during the 22/23 season had we not got relegated). Our proposals for the areas that should be covered by the Fans Advisory Board were broadly accepted by the club and we are currently awaiting feedback from the club on our proposal for the election process, which we hope is agreed and published soon.

A broad outline on the discussions on the Fans Advisor Board was presented to the FCC meeting in December (where all Fans Groups were represented)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’ve been waiting to see if there’s any word from them on the reported financial breaches as well but… tumbleweed.

I’m with you though. More than happy to get involved in a movement to sort it out and get a trust that actually works for the fans.

Where can people register interest in getting involved as well?

Go to foxes trust website and sign up for 10 quid