Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Time to join the Foxes Trust

4 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

With all the new memberships, will the Trusts’ stance on other factors change aswell? I’m thinking more fan engagement, atmosphere etc.?

As crazy as it sounds, for me, being able to be proud of my club in these areas (atmosphere, fanbase, etc) means more than us being a ‘good’ club footballing wise.

I’ll happily join you in raising these issues. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

I’ll happily join you in raising these issues. 

Worth mentioning as well there is an end of season survey coming for the members. This is pointed out at the AGM, so perfect chance to get that opinion out. 

9 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

With all the new memberships, will the Trusts’ stance on other factors change aswell? I’m thinking more fan engagement, atmosphere etc.?

As crazy as it sounds, for me, being able to be proud of my club in these areas (atmosphere, fanbase, etc) means more than us being a ‘good’ club footballing wise.

Have you joined?

It sounds like you care about exactly the type of issues the Trust should be focusing on in future and that you’d have a lot to offer in helping the Trust have a greater impact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramboacdc said:

The poor soul working the memberships is going to be that backlogged he will be processing them by the time we get round to the next set of accounts. I joined pre AGM and haven't recieved official membership yet, but I have had an acknowledgement.

Did I see you spamming the join requests on Twitter earlier? :whistle:

At the back end of last season I mentioned to Ian Bason on here that the Foxes Trust was set up to avoid this sort of situation happening again. They were supposed to have representation within the club's meetings, to put pressure on those in charge of the club to be transparent and to ensure that we weren't relegated because of incompetence in the board room rather than on the pitch and was told "many of our members believed we were doing relatively well on the pitch so no change was required"

When the FT then attended the last meeting with the club and selected fans a few months ago they asked for explanations and they got no answer and (to my knowledge) still haven't from the board members who conducted their own review into (their / the club's) failings.

At no point since this group was formed have they done anything to ensure strong governance at the club and rather than keep an eye on the people running it, they got drunk on our success and failed to hold anyone at any level to account. They're as toothless as the utility regulators who watch energy bills rise & fall with no sense of control over them, and yet somehow demand a fee for joining so that you can not only sit idly by as the clubs runs itself into the ground, you can also pay to do so. They're just another supporters club and just as pointless.

You may as well sign up to Only Fans as much as the Foxes Trust, and at least you'll get some enjoyment out of that subscription.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

It was 330 a month ago. We are aware there was 65 new members as of last Monday. 

Those numbers feel relatively low  if I’m honest. How much clout do you actually have with the club in realist terms? 

Just now, Sly said:

Those numbers feel relatively low  if I’m honest. How much clout do you actually have with the club in realist terms? 

Exactly. Hence first port of call is to increase membership and drive the numbers up.

If the foxes trust doesn’t have clout with the club, it’s the first port call with the local press on fan issues and that’s going to extend beyond local press over the coming weeks isn’t it?  

There’s ways to improve it and it needs the fresh impetus of further opinions/voices. 

37 minutes ago, iancognito said:

At the back end of last season I mentioned to Ian Bason on here that the Foxes Trust was set up to avoid this sort of situation happening again. They were supposed to have representation within the club's meetings, to put pressure on those in charge of the club to be transparent and to ensure that we weren't relegated because of incompetence in the board room rather than on the pitch and was told "many of our members believed we were doing relatively well on the pitch so no change was required"

When the FT then attended the last meeting with the club and selected fans a few months ago they asked for explanations and they got no answer and (to my knowledge) still haven't from the board members who conducted their own review into (their / the club's) failings.

At no point since this group was formed have they done anything to ensure strong governance at the club and rather than keep an eye on the people running it, they got drunk on our success and failed to hold anyone at any level to account. They're as toothless as the utility regulators who watch energy bills rise & fall with no sense of control over them, and yet somehow demand a fee for joining so that you can not only sit idly by as the clubs runs itself into the ground, you can also pay to do so. They're just another supporters club and just as pointless.

You may as well sign up to Only Fans as much as the Foxes Trust, and at least you'll get some enjoyment out of that subscription.

I probably shared some of your views and frustrations about 6 months ago. But ultimately, there’s only one way to change it isn’t there?

It became apparent to me that, whilst I felt the Trust had lost some clout with the club, if fan groups didn’t get themselves in a position where they could have a louder say then we’d continue to pay the price (whether that was on tickets, atmosphere, safe-standing or anything else the club has sidelined or ignored fans on).

The one thing you miss about “just another supporters club” is that this is the official supporters trust. The club will not want to be seen to be sidelining them and they hold a bit of official weight with that.

They just have to have the numbers and the personalities ensuring that’s used to maximum effect. You sound like exactly the type who should be part of that - will you come and join us?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I take your point but ultimately you have to be within the organisation as a member to change it.

To give you an idea, the board lost two members at the last election/AGM and no one but their hand up to replace them. 

We either engage in it to change it or just let it idle on. The way of making the trust stronger is to get more numbers, louder voice and representative of the fanbase as a whole. One of the net gains this season was an occasion where Union FS and Foxes Trust worked together on the general sale point 

Which was the first time I'd known the FT do anything worthwhile.

If there was genuine representation of the group at a senior level in the club, I'd join in an instant but as it stands you could have 2000 members, all with differing ideas about objectives and no guarantee anyone would be listened to. I'd want to see positive results of the group influencing the club before subscribing.

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Have you joined?

It sounds like you care about exactly the type of issues the Trust should be focusing on in future and that you’d have a lot to offer in helping the Trust have a greater impact.

Not yet, although I am strongly contemplating doing so.

I am on the younger side of the fanbase and am wondering how well represented each demographic is on the Trust (more specifically in terms of age). Would be interesting to know.

2 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

I am on the younger side of the fanbase and am wondering how well represented each demographic is on the Trust (more specifically in terms of age). Would be interesting to know.

I’ll DM you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

I know you are interested in UFS also. Tonight some of the younger element of that group have put in the £3 to join the trust and help kick it on.

• Like 1