Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Time to join the Foxes Trust

Just now, Daggers said:

Utterly fvcking pointless. 

Protest and stop giving them cash or stay the fvck at home. 

Staying at home did nothing to influence owners at Cardiff, Bolton etc. This is such a stupid and cowardly response. 

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

That’s the spirit. 

Out of interest, how would we stop giving them cash without staying at home? If you know of a free way to get in the stadium send me a PM.

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Staying at home did nothing to influence owners at Cardiff, Bolton etc. This is such a stupid and cowardly response. 

If you’re going to attack the poster and not the post then you can fvck off to block. ****. 

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Trust membership fee doesn’t go to the club.

In reality there are a myriad of fan issues that affect supporters who never even set foot in the stadium that the club could and should be held accountable to.

So you can join the Trust and be part of pushing the club for change without giving a single penny to the club. The two things are not co-dependent on each other.

• Like 1

Our fans are ******. Targeting the wrong people.

Top is willing to bankroll the club and swap equity for debt every few years. We ain't getting another owner that will do that I'm telling you now.

Stopping giving the club money will kill the club, if Top decides to pack his bag and leave this club is insolvent and I don't see anyone else stumping up 300 million to buy/save it anytime soon.

Really give your heads a wobble and think about it! Unless you are a billionaire. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Our fans are ******. Targeting the wrong people.

Top is willing to bankroll the club and swap equity for debt every few years. We ain't getting another owner that will do that I'm telling you now.

Stopping giving the club money will kill the club, if Top decides to pack his bag and leave this club is insolvent and I don't see anyone else stumping up 300 million yo buy/save it anyway soon.

Really give your heads a wobble and think about it! Unless you are a billionaire. 

Who should we be targeting? 

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Trust membership fee doesn’t go to the club.

In reality there are a myriad of fan issues that affect supporters who never even set foot in the stadium that the club could and should be held accountable to.

So you can join the Trust and be part of pushing the club for change without giving a single penny to the club. The two things are not co-dependent on each other.

I don’t dispute that at all. 

The notion that joining the Trust will effect change when the Trust is complete impotent is for the birds. The Trust has spent that last 20yrs sucking up to the club to get its free seats and being completely ignored. It carries no respect inside or outside of the club - it is not the vehicle to enacting change. 

Change comes from taking action, something almost all of you are neither able or willing to take. 

King Power want to treat us all as customers - then the only route to protest is to behave as disaffected customers…and that is the withdrawal of spending and attendance. 

Just now, KFS said:

Who should we be targeting? 

The EFL, Premier League and greedy 6.  All clubs and fans outside that elite should be fighting for change else the game will die, there will be no promotion or relegation, no underdogs winning, just the same teams over and over. 

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

The EFL, Premier League and greedy 6.  All clubs and fans outside that elite should be fighting for change else the game will die, there will be no promotion or relegation, no underdogs winning, just the same teams over and over. 

That’s fine but we have no right at this point in time. We made the three year rolling loss amount in one year. Clean our shop before we start advising others.

Steady progression or not, we had no right handing out sizeable contracts to some of the guff we have hanging on to us right now. It’s mismanagement, plain and simple.

11 minutes ago, KFS said:

That’s fine but we have no right at this point in time. We made the three year rolling loss amount in one year. Clean our shop before we start advising others.

Steady progression or not, we had no right handing out sizeable contracts to some of the guff we have hanging on to us right now. It’s mismanagement, plain and simple.

The whole thing is a joke. If the club are willing to sustain that loss that's up to them not the EFL or Premier League.

Man City have 115 charges hidden, Chelsea 1.8 billion debt, United 700 million debt, spurs 800 million, Brighton 400 million, Villa lost 75 million, Newcastle 70 odd.

There's a problem. Footballs broken.

Yes there has been some level of mismanagement and poor player trading since Pearson left essentially but its not unreasonable for a club with European seasons, consecutive top 8 finishes and a supposed top level manager to make assumptions based on that continuing.

Would the fans trade the last 10 years for us to be like Crystal Palace, compliant but dull? I know I wouldn't I got to watch us compete and try to win, not sell our best players and get shafted by the rich six, where is the fun in that? Maybe my time following football is coming to an end but I'm not interested in watching a team that "complies" **** that, I want to win, I want to challenge the best and dream of lifting trophies! These bullshit rules end that dead, if you aren't in tge Premier league in the next few seasons you will forever be confined to the lower leagues, not hope to compete with the relegated teams due to them having a massive turnover.  Its broken almost beyond repair unless fans fight it. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

The whole thing is a joke. If the club are willing to sustain that loss that's up to them not the EFL or Premier League.

Man City have 115 charges hidden, Chelsea 1.8 billion debt, United 700 million debt, spurs 800 million, Brighton 400 million, Villa lost 75 million, Newcastle 70 odd.

Yes there has been some level of mismanagement and poor player trading since Pearson left essentially but its not unreasonable for a club with European seasons, consecutive top 8 finishes and a supposed top level manager to make assumptions based on that continuing.

Would the fans trade the last 10 years for us to be like Crystal Palace, compliant but dull? I know I wouldn't I got to watch us compete and try to win, not sell our best players and get shafted by the rich six, where is the fun in that? Maybe my time following football is coming to an end but I'm not interested in watching a team that "complies" **** that, I want to win, I want to challenge the best and dream of lifting trophies! These bullshit rules end that dead, if you aren't in tge Premier league in the next few seasons you will forever be confined to the lower leagues, not hope to compete with the relegated teams due to them having a massive turnover.  Its broken almost beyond repair unless fans fight it. 

I’m not disagreeing, I’m simply saying that now isn’t the time to try and fight the system. We need a clear out where we’re failing (at board level) and to go again. Note: the only cup we won while non compliant was the FA cup. The league and CL trip was within our means. The slide down the league + overspending happened concurrently. That’s mismanagement.

27 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I sort of feel like this. 

It’s a bit like 40 people setting up a meeting with the company I work for.

We’d take their views on board but would we do anything based on such a small sample size, not really. 

Just now, Sly said:

We’d take their views on board but would we do anything based on such a small sample size, not really. 

I guess the point of growing the trust is to make said sample size larger.

• Like 1

Just now, Sly said:

Best sign up and add to the numbers, then :ph34r:

Certainly more doing that than ‘swear at anything that moves and don’t turn up’ bloke over there

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, KFS said:

I do agree, we've broken the rules, and the owners and those involved with running the club are to blame.

What's strange, though, is that paying people handsomely; rewarding players, agents, management; and actually being able to afford to do it (in the simplest terms of the owners actually having the money to do so) is mainly what has caused the club to break the rules.

Yeah, businesses consistently losing money isn't sustainable in the real world, but businesses often have money ploughed into them to keep them afloat or to help them invest. Football is weird and crazy and I don't know which side of the fence I fall. Clubs need to be protected for the fans and the normal people whose livelihoods depend on it, but why shouldn't owners (who can afford it) be allowed to invest?

It's such a mess.

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

That sample size only gets bigger if people choose to add to it though. How else do you think movements start? Dozens/hundreds/thousands of people with the same opinion don't just spontaneously spring up at the same time to effect change.

It's the whole "I never vote because one vote doesn't make a difference" principle. Absolute nonsense argument that idiots think makes them sound intelligent.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

I guess the point of growing the trust is to make said sample size larger.

I get that, however you are going to need membership in the 1000s and as bunch of supporters, to be honest, we aren’t like a Liverpool, Leeds, West Ham etc, we’re largely a delightful set of customers, who are a happy go lucky bunch on match day, that are all rather easy to deal with.

We aren’t going to convince the masses to march on the stadium with flares, shouty, sweaty songs and pitchforks any time soon, as we disagree with Hamza Choudhury is on a massively inflated wage, or we’ve sort of defied the rules and threatened legal Action (not that I condone this as the way forward by the way). 

14 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s not really, unless those 40 people are part of an organisation/body that you are expected to engage with by whichever governing body sits above your company.

Now granted you might just tick a box and go through the motions (which the club is doing now), but if that group of people become thousands and were like-minded individuals prepared to push for change….

Not so easy to ignore.

Edited by Freeman's Wharfer
  • Like 1

Just now, Voll Blau said:

That sample size only gets bigger if people choose to add to it though. How else do you think movements start? Dozens/hundreds/thousands of people with the same opinion don't just spontaneously spring up at the same time to effect change.

It's the whole "I never vote because one vote doesn't make a difference" principle. Absolute nonsense argument that idiots think makes them sound intelligent.

It’s situations though.

If the club need to listen to us as fans, as attendances and income is dwindling, then they’ll acknowledge the fans and listen to them. 

Whilst people are paying for seats, buying merchandise and buying shirts for £69 each or whatever they are, they’re winning. 

I’d consider joining, when I consider it worthwhile. At the moment, I see no benefit in joining, as King Power don’t appear to want to communicate or be transparent with how they are operating.

1 minute ago, KFS said:

I’m not disagreeing, I’m simply saying that now isn’t the time to try and fight the system. We need a clear out where we’re failing (at board level) and to go again. Note: the only cup we won while non compliant was the FA cup. The league and CL trip was within our means. The slide down the league + overspending happened concurrently. That’s mismanagement.

Is it mismanagement or a result of ambition gone wrong? And poor rules?

I didn't see many people complaining in 2021. We could have sold Tielemans but didn't, if we had the fans would have bemoaned a lack of ambition after a top 6 finish and fa cup win. 

I had a problem with Rodgers style and throwing away a top 4 finish back then, to which I was told I was a muppet and should be grateful. The signs were there then, I could see where we were heading. 

Fighting the system needs collective club action but is affecting those trying to break the mould the most.

The club needs changes going forward for sure but I'm not sure we should be trying to comply with rules tgat are fundamentally bad for football clubs with any ambition.

Supposedly we broke FFP in 2014 also, to me it just doesn't work, it's targeting completely the wrong thing and needs to change. Even a club backed by the Saudi state are getting screwed by this bullshit, yet those who grew during times when silly rules didn't exist are allowed to have huge debts.

I'm not sure on the solution but this clearly isn't going to fix the game. I don't really understand why an owner cant operate a yearly loss of 100 million if they will absorb that. No other business is restricted thst way from investment, potentially its a question for competitions and markets as I'd suggest it's a protectionist racket to protect the status quo,  so they can market the big six jizzfest each year. 

A sustainable football club is Palace in the Prem or Stoke in EFL, I don't want to be like either of them but that's where we are heading if we take this shit. 

20 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

****ING THIS.

• Haha 1

Just now, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It’s not really, unless those 40 people are part of an organisation/body that you are expected to engage with by whichever governing body sits above your company.

Now granted you might just tick a box and go through the motions (which the club is doing now), but if that group of people become thousands and were like-minded individuals prepared to push for change….

Not so easy to ignore.

Exactly, how many people would It take for them to listen though? 

In what situation would they listen? Im

not sure as a fan base, we have enough like minded people to push for change. 

I’d be prepared to contribute more than a joining fee, if I genuinely thought it would make a difference. At this moment in time, I don’t think it will. 

16 minutes ago, KFS said:

If being punished with relegation when harming ourselves in order to comply with the rules, then get pursued by two leagues at the same time who are breaking their own rules to do so, threatening the club with competitive oblivion for a decade or two, isn't the best time, when is it?