Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Time to join the Foxes Trust

I was a member of them when they started when we went into administration. Probably have my original certificate  somewhere. Was in meetings with them when I was on the FC.

No disrespect  to any of them but if you think joining them to have any say in how the club is ran then I'm afraid your in for a shock.

The club go through the motions when they have their FCC meetings as it's an obligation they need to fulfil, basically a tick box exercise.

The FT are a close knit team and almost a cosy little family of friends. I hope some of you bust into the inner circle and make some noises but it's not the group if you think they will rock to the training ground looking for answers from the players by barrackading themselves to the gates!

Good luck👍🏾

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Raj said:

I was a member of them when they started when we went into administration. Probably have my original certificate  somewhere. Was in meetings with them when I was on the FC.

No disrespect  to any of them but if you think joining them to have any say in how the club is ran then I'm afraid your in for a shock.

The club go through the motions when they have their FCC meetings as it's an obligation they need to fulfil, basically a tick box exercise.

The FT are a close knit team and almost a cosy little family of friends. I hope some of you bust into the inner circle and make some noises but it's not the group if you think they will rock to the training ground looking for answers from the players by barrackading themselves to the gates!

Good luck👍🏾

Thanks Raj for your honesty.  I remember years ago when they first started, i have to agree with you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

That won’t be the situation if I attend any of the meetings mate. Im not fool enough to think I’ll change anything but I don’t give two hoots whether I’m popular or not and will say what I think. I find these groups to be very political. They themselves control what gets said and done. I have a feeling they’ll regret letting me join as I have no interest in making mates from it. The FT should exist to be a pressure group towards LCFC. Not to just have a nice social gathering.

Needs people like you then mate.

Good luck but dont have your hopes too high for change👍🏾

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Thanks Raj for your honesty.  I remember years ago when they first started, i have to agree with you.

No worries and Happy Vaishakhi👍🏾

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-68812527

Daventry Town Football Club's cashless goal disallowed by fans

Published

17 hours ago

By Martin Heath

BBC News, Northamptonshire

A football club has apologised and reversed a decision to go cashless after its fans rejected the move.

Daventry Town FC said it regretted the fact that supporters were not consulted before the Northamptonshire club made the announcement.

The ban on coins and notes was due to come into force at the Master Abrasives Stadium at the beginning of June.

Some fans had threatened to boycott the ground unless there was a change of heart.

Daventry Town was established in 1886 and the first team currently plays in the United Counties League Premier Division South.

The club put out a statement on Tuesday to "inform supporters that the club will be become fully cashless across all areas of the stadium, including the turnstiles, from Saturday 1st June 2024".

The club initially said everything at the stadium, including the turnstiles, would become cashless

But there was an immediate backlash from fans on social media.

One supporter posted: "Another place to avoid then. Nice ground, but like cash-on-the-day grounds."

Another asked: "Is this a joke???!!! Cash is king!"

One post said the move was "a wrong and selfish move. Plenty of people do not have access to contactless payments, esp the kids under 18".

Daventry Town play in the United Counties League Premier Division South

Three days later, the club issued a second statement, saying it "would like to apologise for the concerns caused to supporters by the recent announcement".

It added that the proposal to go cashless was discussed and agreed by board members but acknowledged that "we should also have involved supporters to get their input".

The statement said cash would still be accepted throughout the stadium but "card payments would be preferred if possible".

Fans were quick to cheer the U-turn.

The club did a U-turn and said it would carry on accepting cash, although cards were preferred

One wrote: "It's worth praising those for speaking up but also the club for listening, apologising and wanting to learn."

Another said: "When people stand united, good things happen."

This weekend's game against Yaxley attracted 300 people, who watched Daventry lose 3-2.

There were a few articles on The Fosse Way last week about people’s motivations for joining here

The season ticket price increase and £25 charge for a physical season ticket card provide another timely reminder that an effective Foxes Trust that can hold the club to account on issues like these is so important.

That can only happen with weight of numbers. If you haven’t already, please come and join and help us to better represent the voice of all Leicester City fans.

Annual membership costs

• Adult: £10

• OAP, unemployed or students: £5

• 18 to 21 years old: £3

• Under 18: Free

Join here

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

There were a few articles on The Fosse Way last week about people’s motivations for joining here

The season ticket price increase and £25 charge for a physical season ticket card provide another timely reminder that an effective Foxes Trust that can hold the club to account on issues like these is so important.

That can only happen with weight of numbers. If you haven’t already, please come and join and help us to better represent the voice of all Leicester City fans.

Annual membership costs

• Adult: £10

• OAP, unemployed or students: £5

• 18 to 21 years old: £3

• Under 18: Free

Join here

Bump 👍

On 13/04/2024 at 10:24, Raj said:

Good luck👍🏾

I don’t think anyone of us new members are deluded enough to think it has any control over what the club do. No fan group will ever get an input to the playing side of the club. 

What a trust can do though is improve by its efforts of its members, its expertise and implement a wide ranging number of schemes/ideas which work for the better of all supporters of LCFC. 

It’s a democratic organisation, so if there’s unsatisfactory performance and people are willing to put the time in, you can change the organisation. 

But that means rather than standing there being a critic and apathetic - people have to dedicate time and effort towards it. 

The trust is as good as its members and its fanbase want to participate in it. The trust needs a bit of a revamp because it’s the fanbase has let it stay that way. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I don’t think anyone of us new members are deluded enough to think it has any control over what the club do. No fan group will ever get an input to the playing side of the club. 

What a trust can do though is improve by its efforts of its members, its expertise and implement a wide ranging number of schemes/ideas which work for the better of all supporters of LCFC. 

It’s a democratic organisation, so if there’s unsatisfactory performance and people are willing to put the time in, you can change the organisation. 

But that means rather than standing there being a critic and apathetic - people have to dedicate time and effort towards it. 

The trust is as good as its members and its fanbase want to participate in it. The trust needs a bit of a revamp because it’s the fanbase has let it stay that way. 

This is what i was suggesting is needed.

I never expect the FT to have an input if Hamza is made captain or not or we play an inverted full back.

Good luck to all new members in making the change .:thumbup:

• Like 1