Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Time to join the Foxes Trust

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Is it mismanagement or a result of ambition gone wrong? And poor rules?

I didn't see many people complaining in 2021. We could have sold Tielemans but didn't, if we had the fans would have bemoaned a lack of ambition after a top 6 finish and fa cup win. 

I had a problem with Rodgers style and throwing away a top 4 finish back then, to which I was told I was a muppet and should be grateful. The signs were there then, I could see where we were heading. 

Fighting the system needs collective club action but is affecting those trying to break the mould the most.

The club needs changes going forward for sure but I'm not sure we should be trying to comply with rules tgat are fundamentally bad for football clubs with any ambition.

Supposedly we broke FFP in 2014 also, to me it just doesn't work, it's targeting completely the wrong thing and needs to change. Even a club backed by the Saudi state are getting screwed by this bullshit, yet those who grew during times when silly rules didn't exist are allowed to have huge debts.

I'm not sure on the solution but this clearly isn't going to fix the game. I don't really understand why an owner cant operate a yearly loss of 100 million if they will absorb that. No other business is restricted thst way from investment, potentially its a question for competitions and markets as I'd suggest it's a protectionist racket to protect the status quo,  so they can market the big six jizzfest each year. 

A sustainable football club is Palace in the Prem or Stoke in EFL, I don't want to be like either of them but that's where we are heading if we take this shit. 

This is why I wonder if the legal challenge that is being confidential, is restriction on trade.

If King Power want to throw money at it, let them is my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

It’s situations though.

If the club need to listen to us as fans, as attendances and income is dwindling, then they’ll acknowledge the fans and listen to them. 

Whilst people are paying for seats, buying merchandise and buying shirts for £69 each or whatever they are, they’re winning. 

I’d consider joining, when I consider it worthwhile. At the moment, I see no benefit in joining, as King Power don’t appear to want to communicate or be transparent with how they are operating.

If they aren't going to communicate or be transparent then a body of fans need to organise in order to challenge that position.

If you're serious about hitting them in the pocket by boycotting games and merch then, guess what? That also requires organisation.

Either way, you need to organise if you're serious about pursuing whichever tactic you feel is most effective.

14 minutes ago, Sly said:

I sort of feel like this. 

It’s a bit like 40 people setting up a meeting with the company I work for.

We’d take their views on board but would we do anything based on such a small sample size, not really. 

I just don’t get the complete lack of willingness to do anything that will actually effect change. We live in an age of click likes and online petitions, I guess, where no one is prepared to do anything that requires them to inconvenience themselves. 

“What good will you do by not paying for tickets or shirts”, they say - when what they mean is they aren’t prepared to do anything of note and hope someone else will apply pressure on their behalf. It’s beyond feeble minded. 

Pay a sub to the Trust, have a smug individual write a letter on behalf of their hundred or so members. Job done, eh. Walls tumble, grounds shake, revolution by proxy. 

“Now isn’t the best time to fight the system”?

😂

We need to have blocked people’s comments blocked from quotes because I’m doing myself an injury laughing at this cvnt. 

10 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

didn't see many people complaining in 2021. We could have sold Tielemans but didn't, if we had the fans would have bemoaned a lack of ambition after a top 6 finish and fa cup win.

People didn’t complain, and they never will about keeping your best player, however, we all understood the business model and non of us would have complained had he been sold. We knew as a club each year, if we want to challenge at the highest possible level, year on year our best player(s) need to be sold for big profit.
We have sold bigger players for big money and not bemoaned lack of ambition.

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

If being punished with relegation when harming ourselves in order to comply with the rules, then get pursued by two leagues at the same time who are breaking their own rules to do so, threatening the club with competitive oblivion for a decade or two, isn't the best time, when is it?

I just don’t think we have a leg to stand on right now. I was firmly up for fighting this system, but now I’ve seen these accounts and the fact we breached while in the prem… it’s completely a board management issue at play here

40 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The Trust has spent that last 20yrs sucking up to the club to get its free seats and being completely ignored.

To correct one claim and be clear, the Trust had 2 seats in the Directors box along with every other shareholder in the Lineker Consortium days and they were occupied by 1) A rota of board members 2) Randomly drawn member for each game

Each board member still had their own season ticket back then.

Since the Mandaric years that hasn't been the case, so all Trust board members pay for their own seats like every other Leicester fan.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I just don’t get the complete lack of willingness to do anything that will actually effect change. We live in an age of click likes and online petitions, I guess, where no one is prepared to do anything that requires them to inconvenience themselves. 

“What good will you do by not paying for tickets or shirts”, they say - when what they mean is they aren’t prepared to do anything of note and hope someone else will apply pressure on their behalf. It’s beyond feeble minded. 

Pay a sub to the Trust, have a smug individual write a letter on behalf of their hundred or so members. Job done, eh. Walls tumble, grounds shake, revolution by proxy. 

Well the only real way is for the fans to stump up some cash buy the club. Average 10000 each for 30k fans should do it!

You can't really force a business man to do something he doesn't want to and even if he did want to sell now due to the rules being a sack of shit the club is ironically worth absolutely **** all to anyone due to the rules meant to save the club EFL EPL willy pullers. So if top and king power pack up and piss off as some want, we have an insolvent football club! Nice

Edited by Foxin_Mad

1 minute ago, Foxes_Trust said:

To correct one claim and be clear, the Trust had 2 seats in the Directors box along with every other shareholder in the Lineker Consortium days and they were occupied by 1) A rota of board members 2) Randomly drawn member for each game

Each board member still had their own season ticket back then.

Since the Mandaric years that hasn't been the case, so all Trust board members pay for their own seats like every other Leicester fan.

Glad you don’t deny you’ve been completely ignored.  

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If they aren't going to communicate or be transparent then a body of fans need to organise in order to challenge that position.

If you're serious about hitting them in the pocket by boycotting games and merch then, guess what? That also requires organisation.

Either way, you need to organise if you're serious about pursuing whichever tactic you feel is most effective.

The challenge you will she. Is that of the 30,000 odd thousand match do attendees you’ll most likely have 1000 members after tonight.

If those 3% didn’t attend matches and buy merchandise, the club could in theory say we’re not allowing you to renew your season ticket next year. They’d sell them straight away as we have a waiting list. 

I get your point on growing members, however I just don’t think you’ll engage with enough people to generate the earthquake / tidal wave you need to make them engage with you in a constructive manor to initiate significant change.

That’s just my opinion obviously and I fully understand why people feel they need to  join.

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Well the only real way is for the fans to stump up some cash buy the club. Average 10000 each for 30k fans should do it!

You can't really force a business man to do something he doesn't want to and even if he did want to sell now due to the rules being a sack if shit the club is ironically worth absolutely **** all to anyone fue to the rules meant to save the club EFL EPL willy pullers. So if top and king power pack up and piss off as some want, we have an insolvent football club! Nice

This post is abject nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Glad you don’t deny you’ve been completely ignored.  

As with every Club/Trust some things raised have been acted upon, some things have been listened to and parked in the long grass and some things have been ignored.

The introduction of a Fans Advisory Board (which would have existed this season had we not been relegated, as its a Premier League requirement) will increase the level and scope of required dialogue with the fan base, we have been working with the club on its scope, formation and election process, with details expected to be shared before the summer regardless of which division we will be in.

22 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

As with every Club/Trust some things raised have been acted upon, some things have been listened to and parked in the long grass and some things have been ignored.

The introduction of a Fans Advisory Board (which would have existed this season had we not been relegated, as its a Premier League requirement) will increase the level and scope of required dialogue with the fan base, we have been working with the club on its scope, formation and election process, with details expected to be shared before the summer regardless of which division we will be in.

The fact that the Fans Advisory Board hasn’t been established because it’s not a requirement at this level tells you it would never be used as anything more than ticking a box by the club.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Good to have such a detailed analysis 👌 

Well the only real way is for the fans to stump up some cash buy the club. Average 10000 each for 30k fans should do it!

It isn’t and that’s a pile of cock. 

You can't really force a business man to do something he doesn't want to

Really? Like no ‘business man’ has ever been influenced to change a decision?

and even if he did want to sell now due to the rules being a sack if shit the club is ironically worth absolutely **** all to anyone

The words of a money expert. I belief Martin Lewis has just tendered his resignation from the BBC radio shows due to this comprehensive and professional analysis. 

Fue to the rules meant to save the club EFL EPL willy pullers.”

Somewhere a linguistics fairy has just lost its wings. 

So if top and king power pack up and piss off as some want, we have an insolvent football club! Nice

Do you even have a clue what you’re on about? This is dribble, it’s unsubstantiated, unevidenced horseshit. You want a detailed analysis? Try to stop spewing abject crap. They won’t simply “pack up and piss off”, stop being a child. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The fact that the Fans Advisory Board hasn’t been established because it’s not a requirement at this level tells you it would never be used as anything more than ticking a box by the club.

Don’t **** his bubble, he thinks he serves an important role. He believes he is influential - despite two decades of impotence. 

44 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Gash.

Nothing of substance has been “acted upon”.

List them. 

I’ll wait. 

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Am I the only one who sees this grift for what it is? Quite vile really, clubs on its arse so jump on this paid membership to which we accomplish **** all. 

It isn’t a grift. DM me if you want. This is organic as it gets in the modern world. I’m happily say it’s myself and a collection of others who’ve decided we’ve got to give something ago. Two weeks ago I wasn’t even in the trust. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Equally though this is why ‘you’ve gotta be in it to win it’. Early reports are clubs are using these boards as puppet opinion devices. 

20 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It isn’t a grift. DM me if you want. This is organic as it gets in the modern world. I’m happily say it’s myself and a collection of others who’ve decided we’ve got to give something ago. Two weeks ago I wasn’t even in the trust. 

You’ve kinda supported my argument though, they’re capitalising on the turmoil of our club to drive up money through membership sign ups. The trust has largely been submissive to the club in recent years and has failed to take them to account at all 

6 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

You’ve kinda supported my argument though, they’re capitalising on the turmoil of our club to drive up money through membership sign ups. The trust has largely been submissive to the club in recent years and has failed to take them to account at all 

Not really because the trust board have nothing to organise this ‘drive’ for memberships. 

It’s been down to new members who joined literally two and half weeks ago. We sat in on the AGM and realised this needs our own time and effort to effect change. 

A good number of us write for the Fosse Way (which has been heavily critical of the club/even the trust itself). It’s the turmoil which has caused people to unite as well as the timing of recent fan group forums. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1