Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Time to join the Foxes Trust

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

I’m not a mouthpiece for fans, nor do I expect what I want from this is in accordance with most. 

It’s a company…albeit a piss poorly run one. It only responds to consumer pressure. A Trust that commands tens of thousands of members wields heft, a Trust with a hundred or so members is as influential as my pathetic one-man boycott. 

What I want to see is fan representation on the board, safe standing, no censorship of displays, affordable £20 tickets, a limit to how they rip off the parents of young fans in the shop, clear 2-way communication, all fan groups treated identically, the adoption of a critical friend process, and the general sale of tickets following the abolition of membership schemes. 

It’s not about deep pockets, it’s about living within our means and being a true community club again. Fvck the PL, fvck the EFL, fvck the Big 6 - and fvck King Power. 

I can agree with everything you are saying here. X2 with your third and fourth paragraph. Reality is we are never going to get it. 

Football is too global. One of the proudest moments I had abroad was seeing Patson Daka on a billboard in the centre of Lilongwe, Malawi promoting the new PL season for their TV network. It’s gone too far. I also think it’s difficult for all of us, after all these years to switch off being fans. 

I do think we need change or we are going to end up in a horrendous position where only further outside investment is going to change that. I think the only way to do that is by being vocal - not ideal with the group here but I think it’s the right next. HOWEVER, I can absolutely respect your step and understand it. 

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I can agree with everything you are saying here. X2 with your third and fourth paragraph. Reality is we are never going to get it. 

Football is too global. One of the proudest moments I had abroad was seeing Patson Daka on a billboard in the centre of Lilongwe, Malawi promoting the new PL season for their TV network. It’s gone too far. I also think it’s difficult for all of us, after all these years to switch off being fans. 

I do think we need change or we are going to end up in a horrendous position where only further outside investment is going to change that. I think the only way to do that is by being vocal - not ideal with the group here but I think it’s the right next. HOWEVER, I can absolutely respect your step and understand it. 

Achievability isn’t my concern, it’s living with my conscience. I’ll die knowing I make decisions I’m happy with. It makes me a complete dick, I know that. I boycotted the World Cup, it made no difference…except to me and my sense of smug superiority. 

And while it achieves nothing, I’ll take my pleasures in non-league. 

• Like 1

So when King Power bans all trust members from attending games as it wants to put them back in the box for questioning their authority, what happens then? 

Football is a massive global business that generates billions. The reality is, if you don’t like it at the top level, you might be better watching sport lower down the pyramid. 

Our entire system is now built on sand and the only way it’s sustainable is to continue to throw money at it. This is why the Premier League are caving on points deductions. They need to allow the money to get thrown around and to a degree. To attract billionaires, they need to allow them to run things as they wish. 

You can already see where it’s going. We will see no salary cap, no points deductions, a model with 6 teams and the rest making up the numbers. 

The rest making up the numbers are already amongst the highest paying clubs in world football, so if they fall it’s going to bloody hurt. From here on out, the gap is that big, any team that has done multiple years in the Premier League getting relegated, will be in the same situation as us. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

So when King Power bans all trust members from attending games as it wants to put them back in the box for questioning their authority, what happens then? 

Football is a massive global business that generates billions. The reality is, if you don’t like it at the top level, you might be better watching sport lower down the pyramid. 

Our entire system is now built on sand and the only way it’s sustainable is to continue to throw money at it. This is why the Premier League are caving on points deductions. They need to allow the money to get thrown around and to a degree. To attract billionaires, they need to allow them to run things as they wish. 

You can already see where it’s going. We will see no salary cap, no points deductions, a model with 6 teams and the rest making up the numbers. 

The rest making up the numbers are already amongst the highest paying clubs in world football, so if they fall it’s going to bloody hurt. From here on out, the gap is that big, any team that has done multiple years in the Premier League getting relegated, will be in the same situation as us. 

If King Power bans hundreds of people all at once arbitrarily because they're members of an independent supporters' group then their reputation is finished in this country.

Who the hell would still want to lend their support to a regime running their football club like that?

Just now, Voll Blau said:

If King Power bans hundreds of people all at once arbitrarily because they're members of an independent supporters' group then their reputation is finished in this country.

Who the hell would still want to lend their support to a regime running their football club like that?

Didn’t the happy clapping crowd turn on the people shouting King Power out? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

Didn’t the happy clapping crowd turn on the people shouting King Power out? 

They did, yes. I'm not talking about King Power's reputation among the blind faithful though.

Even at West Ham, it wasn't like the rest of the crowd descended on anyone protesting. It was a minority of people, but they were the aggressors.

2 hours ago, Sly said:

That would be one of the dumbest things they could think of, let alone consider actually doing.

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

Supporters' trust

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In British sports, a supporters' trust is a formal, democratic and not-for-profit organisation of fans who attempt to strengthen the influence of supporters over the running of the club they support. There are over 140 supporters' trusts across England, Wales and Scotland and the majority of these are affiliated to football clubs, however trusts also exist for Rugby league and Rugby Union clubs.

With government and with cross-party support, Supporters Direct was established to encourage the formation of supporters' trusts to promote democratic supporter ownership. Supporters Direct encourages these bodies to be formed as Industrial and Provident Societies (IPSs) and assists with their formation, legal and start-up costs.

Supporters' trusts were commonly founded in response to financial crises which threaten the future of a team, as was the case at Chesterfield, Lincoln City, York City, and Real Oviedo. Their involvement has reportedly ensured the survival of over 20 different clubs entering into administration, particularly during the period of crisis as a result of the collapse of ITV Digital. Supporters' trusts are now more commonly founded in order to increase influence at clubs through a financial stake in the club.

The first trust established was at Northampton Town in January 1992. The largest is the Manchester United Supporters Trust, which used to be known as Shareholders United and currently has over 200,000 members.[1] Other large trusts such as Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST) With over 10,000 members,Leeds, Exeter City, Dundee United, Reading, Spurs and Glasgow Rangers have between 3,000 and 7,000 members.

Methods for influencing clubs
The main objective of a supporters' trust is to provide a vehicle for fans to influence the running of their club. This is achieved by a number of different strategies, including gaining control by fundraising to finance the acquisition of shares in the club or direct board representation.

Club ownership
See also: List of fan-owned sports teams
The most effective method of influencing the running of a club is club ownership.[citation needed] In the UK more than 110 supporters' trusts currently hold equity within their football clubs while supporters' trusts have outright or majority ownership or control at two Football League clubs.

Board representation
Over 40 football clubs currently have supporter representation within the boards of their football clubs, such as the Rangers Supporters Trust at Rangers F.C., Lincoln City Supporters' Trust at Lincoln City F.C., ArabTRUST at Dundee United F.C., the Oldham Athletic Supporters Trust and the Swans Trust at Swansea City A.F.C. The Bluebirds Trust at Barrow AFC[2] have a board representation and are fundraising to purchase shares. However their formation is different from the vast majority of Trusts, they are not born from crisis but success; Barrow AFC were a members owned club but voted to become a privately owned club. Barrow-born Texan businessman Paul Casson of Casson-Mark (C-Mark) Corp.[3] purchased the club in the Summer of 2014. In Real Oviedo's case, when the club was about to go bankrupt, the club started putting shares up for sale to people across the world to help the club. Thousand of people invested, including 2nd richest man Carlos Slim and Youtuber Spencer Owen (aka Spencer F.C). As was the case for Ebbsfleet United.

About 100 football trusts currently have shares in their clubs.

There are many Rugby League supporters' trusts currently in the UK who run and operate their respective clubs, such as Rochdale Hornets for example, likewise, so do some rugby union clubs, for example Friends of Newport Rugby, representing Newport RFC.

First job is to sack whoever’s in charge of the full time music. 😂

In all seriousness, it was diabolical. You have the whole kop end still in the ground, you play some shitty pop song from 7 years ago, then some wank stuff that I havnt even heard of afterwards! Any other club would either put “Freed From Desire” (seems to be the running theme now from clubs) on, not played anything (preferable) or some local music (say some Kasabian or something).

Posted (edited)
On 07/04/2024 at 21:57, Dr The Singh said:

Im not quite ready to join, its a big step for me, o dont think right now is the right time:wes:

It's the right time doc. Trust me.  The club needs intensive care.  Denial is just the first stage.

Edited by foxinsocks

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

To hold the club to account the supporters trust needs significance... it needs you.

Join the foxes trust.

Please post on here to confirm you're in.

People are interested in joining, but they need to know the foxes trust is going to apply significant pressure n ask the right questions.

1 hour ago, 90fox said:

People are interested in joining, but they need to know the foxes trust is going to apply significant pressure n ask the right questions.

It's down to the members to determine the questions and to put that pressure on, the bigger the numbers the greater the pressure and influence. If those appointed to make the face to face contact don't satisfy you vote them out and stand in their place.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, davieG said:

It's down to the members to determine the questions and to put that pressure on, the bigger the numbers the greater the pressure and influence. If those appointed to make the face to face contact don't satisfy you vote them out and stand in their place.

Thank you. I'm not 100% how it works but that would suggest that the members are not asking the right questions. Out of interest, how many members do they have? I would expect it to increase significantly this season given the underlying unrest.