Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Bristol City 1 - 0 LCFC Post Match Thread

On 29/03/2024 at 14:29, ForeverandEver said:

This. Absolutely This.

hope the clown as watched the newcastle game 3-1 down ad to bring on all there subs and win 4-3 dont worry il help you.pratt

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ciderup said:

Hi Foxes, Bristol city fan here.

I'm most certainly not here to gloat but the big change IMHO between the all conquering LCFC and what we saw yesterday was quite simple to me. You were very static in comparison to the Leicester that were smashing everyone, making it easier to stop.

Most of my fellow reds around me couldn't believe the lack of movement at times.

That said, if Vardy had taken a couple of the chances he had, who knows what would have transpired.

Is Mavidi (sp) a 'confidence' player as I don't think he realises how good he is?

Win your game in hand and who knows. I wish you well.

You were busy, you were closing down like machines and we were mostly watching, was poor from us.

I noticed the lack of movement from us, its been getting worse and worse, frustrating.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Listening to Bristol City fans walking back to the city centre, reaction was... "for a team challenging for the title they looked bang average" probably an understatement. We're not even that at present.  

Ipswich looked  like a very poor person’s Everton or Palace last night. Blackburn could easily have won - poor finishing once more.

1 hour ago, Supergray22 said:

Vardy used to dance around premiership defenders like John travolta. Yesterday he looked like he was dad dancing. 

Even discounting my bias I thought vardy did ok yesterday. Except for missing 2 easy chances. Which unfortunately is what he's there for - so I know you can't, but take those 2 misses out and he was 7/10 for me. Problem is wider than him and has many have said I would be sceptical of daka scoring both if any

1 minute ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Even discounting my bias I thought vardy did ok yesterday. Except for missing 2 easy chances. Which unfortunately is what he's there for - so I know you can't, but take those 2 misses out and he was 7/10 for me. Problem is wider than him and has many have said I would be sceptical of daka scoring both if any

If you let in two easy saves as a goalkeeper, do you get higher than 5 out of 10?

3 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

ok whatever the '2 goal rating', my point was mainly he didn't look like he was 'dad dancing' for me.

I thought he was decent too, got into good positions, we did nothing after he went off.

• Like 1

Apart from the missed chances,what stood out was Wilfs lack of mobility and lethargy which left big gaps

for others to cover, astonishing he had to play the whole.game!

The other thing was the complete lack of urgency when Bristol scored, which has become a worrying trend recently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hebangsthedrums said:

I  understood from the reports it was 4 easy  chances so  we played rubbish and should have won 4-1   The fact is with a few exceptions ie Stoke and Hull we  get found out in the reverse fixture  

If Hamza Choudhury starts another game this season, then Enzo should be instantly dismissed. He’s an absolute liability and his positioning has been horrific all season. That’s on Enzo if he persists with putting us in that position. Hoping we can do the remainder of the games with Ricky, JJ or Doyle. 

How many goals have we conceded where Hamza simply doesn’t close the ball and/or hasn’t got a clue where his man is …

Cov’s equaliser (?) from just inside box

Leeds’ equaliser from edge of box

Chelsea’s 1st, may not have been able to do anything about it, but considering he’s playing RB, he literally had no clue Cucerella was behind him and ran inside to the nearest man

Bristol C - doesn’t close the man down at all and he scores from edge of the box.

There is a catalogue of other ones too, and not to mention his general lack of awareness which haven’t directly contributed to a goal conceded. He’s an absolute liability.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

If Hamza Choudhury starts another game this season, then Enzo should be instantly dismissed. He’s an absolute liability and his positioning has been horrific all season. That’s on Enzo if he persists with putting us in that position. Hoping we can do the remainder of the games with Ricky, JJ or Doyle. 

How many goals have we conceded where Hamza simply doesn’t close the ball and/or hasn’t got a clue where his man is …

Chelsea’s 1st, may not have been able to do anything about it, but considering he’s playing RB, he literally had no clue Cucerella was behind him and ran inside to the nearest man

Bristol C - doesn’t close the man down at all and he scores from edge of the box.

There is a catalogue of other ones too, and not to mention his general lack of awareness which haven’t directly contributed to a goal conceded. He’s an absolute liability.

Is that the Choudry who has recently been awarded an alleged 60k per week.

He must wake up every morning and thinks he’s the luckiest fooker alive!

That’s the main thing wrong with modern, top flight football. Paying very very average footballers who, a decade ago would have been in the 5-10k per week bracket, money that’s so massively inflated vis a vis their ability.

How anyone can genuinely see these players as ‘their heroes’ is absolutely beyond me. They are so far removed from the working bloke now.

Pay top notch good money to reflect their are at the pinnacle of their position.

But players like Hamza being given this amount of money is just obscene. I balked last season too when I found out Amartey (a cult hero apparently)? was on 60k per week.

Literally obscene 

🤦‍♀️

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Is that the Choudry who has recently been awarded an alleged 60k per week.

He must wake up every morning and thinks he’s the luckiest fooker alive!

That’s the main thing wrong with modern, top flight football. Paying very very average footballers who, a decade ago would have been in the 5-10k per week bracket, money that’s so massively inflated vis a vis their ability.

How anyone can genuinely see these players as ‘their heroes’ is absolutely beyond me. They are so far removed from the working bloke now.

Pay top notch good money to reflect their are at the pinnacle of their position.

But players like Hamza being given this amount of money is just obscene. I balked last season too when I found out Amartey (a cult hero apparently)? was on 60k per week.

Literally obscene 

🤦‍♀️

His previous deal was 60k

his new deal is likely around 40k and probably lower this season with relegation clause 

amazing innit!

16 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Theres a video of something being thrown at the coach... poor atm but we arent that bad lol. I know the players need a wake up call but throwing things at the coach is going too far.

Good. I'm sick to death of this shit being tolerated.

15 hours ago, hebangsthedrums said:

I do agree. His all round play is much underestimated and he is still getting in those positions. I did notice though his body shape looked like he was thinking about the strikes too much. Normally he would just tuck them away. Probably down to the break and the significance of the match. I’d still play him. 

Guest J-FOX
10 hours ago, MalletFox said:

Exactly correct.... not to mention his COVID lockdown party with Demarai Gray and recent drink driving charge and alcohol abuse as a professional athelete

He has no place at this club... that is even before we discuss his limited football abilities, lack of awareness and positional blindness.

44 minutes ago, J-FOX said:

Exactly correct.... not to mention his COVID lockdown party with Demarai Gray and recent drink driving charge and alcohol abuse as a professional athelete

He has no place at this club... that is even before we discuss his limited football abilities, lack of awareness and positional blindness.

The day Enzo made him captain after everything you just said was the day I lost a lot of faith. 
A captain surely has to be a great role model. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Ciderup said:

Hi Foxes, Bristol city fan here.

I'm most certainly not here to gloat but the big change IMHO between the all conquering LCFC and what we saw yesterday was quite simple to me. You were very static in comparison to the Leicester that were smashing everyone, making it easier to stop.

Most of my fellow reds around me couldn't believe the lack of movement at times.

That said, if Vardy had taken a couple of the chances he had, who knows what would have transpired.

Is Mavidi (sp) a 'confidence' player as I don't think he realises how good he is?

Win your game in hand and who knows. I wish you well.

There's nowhere to move to.

We play with a back 3 with no width, midfield flooded so we can win the (meaningless) pass stats

Wingers are visibly hacked off as get no support or protection from behind them and spend most of their wasted time defending 

19 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

Vardy used to dance around premiership defenders like John travolta. Yesterday he looked like he was dad dancing. 

He's 37 and spends most time in midfield with 7 other players.

Possibly knackered and not 100% focused when allowed to do what he's good at

• Like 1