Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Bristol City 1 - 0 LCFC Post Match Thread

23 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

Watching the game today, there was a lot to be concerned about, especially our midfield. A part from winks we had no one available or looking to receive the ball. I was disappointed with both KDH and Niddi performances today. There seem to no one tracking back, no one covering runs. The whole of the midfield was too static, whereas in beginning of the season, we had that fluidity. 

Ultimately the thing with Winks is that he doesn't create much himself.  He's like a top-grade synthetic oil - great for keeping the engine running smoothly, but if you have no pistons it doesn't do much good.

Also, that should have been a pen on him in extra time. lol

49 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

Watching the game today, there was a lot to be concerned about, especially our midfield. A part from winks we had no one available or looking to receive the ball. I was disappointed with both KDH and Niddi performances today. There seem to no one tracking back, no one covering runs. The whole of the midfield was too static, whereas in beginning of the season, we had that fluidity. 

Kdh and wilf looked knackered. I don't blame either of them, just made the lack of subs even more bizarre. 

I hate to say this if we don’t get a top two spot we will not go back up . The team has been so drilled into this pass back pass sideways  we can’t pass a simple ball up front , the manager has seen a 14 point lead disappear, why the hell would u not change things up when the team was giving away leads , the reason been he is stubborn, refuses to play any other way than his , the same with subs , runs players into the ground , very disappointing today , think we will struggle to win again as the players luck buggered

21 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Given the context of the situation we find ourselves in as a club, the opposition being ranked probably 24th out of 24 in terms of needing a result I think that's one of the most disgraceful showings I've ever seen. An absolute utter disgrace. If you're an Ipswich or Leeds fan watching that, you are absolutely buzzing. People talk about Ipswich being lucky all season but I think the biggest stroke of luck they have is that they've got to contend with these absolute jokers as their main competition. This team is no different to previous years. Spineless mentality from the very top of this club to the bottom which I have zero resonation with whatsoever. All of the lazy cliches are unfortunately true of us - we think we're too clever for it.

Maresca has successfully in the space of six weeks gone from looking a good bet to breaking the points record to looking totally one-dimensional, out of his depth. I'd have no qualms if he was booted tomorrow to be honest. This is too important a situation to piss away on this kind of blind idealism. The same system every single game no matter who the opposition, no matter who the personnel we have available. He's a one-trick pony.

The most disgraceful relegation in Premier League history in serious danger of being followed up with the most disgraceful bottling of promotion in Championship history - all at such a huge cost. It's unforgivable, and **** anyone defending this utter shit.

Glad I'm not the only one awake 

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Given the context of the situation we find ourselves in as a club, the opposition being ranked probably 24th out of 24 in terms of needing a result I think that's one of the most disgraceful showings I've ever seen. An absolute utter disgrace. If you're an Ipswich or Leeds fan watching that, you are absolutely buzzing. People talk about Ipswich being lucky all season but I think the biggest stroke of luck they have is that they've got to contend with these absolute jokers as their main competition. This team is no different to previous years. Spineless mentality from the very top of this club to the bottom which I have zero resonation with whatsoever. All of the lazy cliches are unfortunately true of us - we think we're too clever for it.

Maresca has successfully in the space of six weeks gone from looking a good bet to breaking the points record to looking totally one-dimensional, out of his depth. I'd have no qualms if he was booted tomorrow to be honest. This is too important a situation to piss away on this kind of blind idealism. The same system every single game no matter who the opposition, no matter who the personnel we have available. He's a one-trick pony.

The most disgraceful relegation in Premier League history in serious danger of being followed up with the most disgraceful bottling of promotion in Championship history - all at such a huge cost. It's unforgivable, and **** anyone defending this utter shit.

Absolutely agree 100%. 

I can’t stand these “it’s fine margins” bollocks, that’s premier league football, this is championship football, where 90% of the league is utter crap. Yesterday was the most disgraceful performance I’ve seen for over a decade. If the alarm bells aren’t ringing in the board room then god help us all. 

It is clear this project has failed, yet we will just continue to blindly say “win on Monday and it’s back on”….. we won’t win on Monday, we will get turned over by Norwich comfortably, because this team has no confidence, no leadership and is being asked to play a way it currently can’t. 

It’s the best squad in the league, being guided by a school boy….. the only way we get out of this rut, is if the manager goes, it’s unfortunately as simple as that. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

The most disappointing element is the lack urgency and will to win. I'm not against Enzo's way, I can see the plan, but it has to be combined with intensity, determination and bite.

It looks like we are trying to be too clever at times though, intentionally we had Abdul marking their wingback? Why doesn't your full back mark, freeing Abdul up.

Then when in possession our wide players just stand high and wide. I get that it's designed to spread the opposition, but they had us tied up numberswise. Plus, from these starting positions, which are ok, they didn't move or making any runs. It must be the instructions?

The level of the league is so poor, people say it's hard to get out of, it's not if you any good.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Double Decker said:

The most disappointing element is the lack urgency and will to win. I'm not against Enzo's way, I can see the plan, but it has to be combined with intensity, determination and bite.

Yes, and spontaneity. Doing the unexpected is a good way to confound opposition defences.

any intensity is gone 

when we saw it earlier in the season it was when we pressed to win the ball back 

now we’ve stopped doing that effectively, our game is almost totally pedestrian 

Leeds and Ipswich are playing with the desire that we aren’t 

having watched Southampton last twenty minutes yesterday they looked closer to us than the other two 

so reminiscent of this time last season where we wandered around with no plan and no realisation of our situation whilst Everton,  forest and others got stuck in and looked like they were playing for their lives. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Proper Bournemouth at home from last season vibes. A horrible realisation that things are grim and are unlikely to change. 

Yep, that's pretty much what I was going to say. 

You know what's going to happen, you know the game plan, you know it won't change, you know there will be no tactical changes during a game. 

And if we as fans know it, you can put your life on it the opposition know it. 

It does feel very much like last season, no idea, no fight, no changes coming so we need to change something. 

Ive said it multiple times and get slaughered for it every time but I'm telling you I'd rather lose after having a go, (thinking back to NPs first top flight season) get at teams attack at every opportunity, than see us have the ball for 80% of the game being sat in our own half passing it between the centre backs and keeper. I know footballs evolving but F me is it dull and I hope it jogs on quickly so I can enjoy the football again. 

Edited by The Quick Brown Fox
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Social media blackout? Not seen any of the usual Instagram/Twitter gumpf we get after a loss from the players

They’re having a collective self-entitled huff like they did last season when they got booed.

10 hours ago, J. James said:

So lots of people expected little Ipswich to fade.. Me included.. But in fact, surprise surprise it's us.

How does a team full of division one players outperform us, a team full of Premier league players?

Answer - there is little difference between them, the difference is passion and guts, we have none they have both in spades.

They also have a talented manager who can adapt.

We are finished, just as clearly as we were finished last season at this point.

A long stay in the championship / division one beckons l think, but then the prem is a club for six with the rest making up the numbers anyway.

Football is the worst l ever remember atm and I'm getting so as l couldn't care less.

Sadly football is reflecting the world around us quite accurately. 

15 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Social media blackout? Not seen any of the usual Instagram/Twitter gumpf we get after a loss from the players

A lot of fans don’t want to support them or the manager I’m not surprised.

we don’t have a right to be promoted and yea we blew a big lead but this season is played over a season not 38 games.

fans have become entitled 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1