Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Bristol City 1 - 0 LCFC Post Match Thread

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Is that the Choudry who has recently been awarded an alleged 60k per week.

He must wake up every morning and thinks he’s the luckiest fooker alive!

That’s the main thing wrong with modern, top flight football. Paying very very average footballers who, a decade ago would have been in the 5-10k per week bracket, money that’s so massively inflated vis a vis their ability.

How anyone can genuinely see these players as ‘their heroes’ is absolutely beyond me. They are so far removed from the working bloke now.

Pay top notch good money to reflect their are at the pinnacle of their position.

But players like Hamza being given this amount of money is just obscene. I balked last season too when I found out Amartey (a cult hero apparently)? was on 60k per week.

Literally obscene 

🤦‍♀️

On a side note /!slightly off topic, anyone convinced of drink driving is no hero of mine   

And yes he is a liability in this position too. 

But that's on Enzo for playing him on each occasion that Ricardo is absent, and not being willing to explore other ideas to field our best available players, instead of shoehorning the wrong player into the EnzoBall system. Which remember boys and girls according to Enzo is "the way we play now".

Like it or lump it. 

Just watched a interview with Bristol Manager, Liam Manning, High Press, Introducing New Ideas and Sticking to the Plan.

He won't be the Only Manager willing to change their system when they Play us. 

Insanity Quotes - BrainyQuote

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

His previous deal was 60k

his new deal is likely around 40k and probably lower this season with relegation clause 

amazing innit!

During his recent drink driving case, his brief stated he earned 12 grand a week. I doubt he would lie to the court.

Still generous, but more realistic.

14 hours ago, MalletFox said:

If Hamza Choudhury starts another game this season, then Enzo should be instantly dismissed. He’s an absolute liability and his positioning has been horrific all season. That’s on Enzo if he persists with putting us in that position. Hoping we can do the remainder of the games with Ricky, JJ or Doyle. 

How many goals have we conceded where Hamza simply doesn’t close the ball and/or hasn’t got a clue where his man is …

Cov’s equaliser (?) from just inside box

Leeds’ equaliser from edge of box

Chelsea’s 1st, may not have been able to do anything about it, but considering he’s playing RB, he literally had no clue Cucerella was behind him and ran inside to the nearest man

Bristol C - doesn’t close the man down at all and he scores from edge of the box.

There is a catalogue of other ones too, and not to mention his general lack of awareness which haven’t directly contributed to a goal conceded. He’s an absolute liability.

Hamza is a dreadful footballer. 

He’s got absolutely nothing about him at all. He throws in challenges occasionally but you can’t expect anything in terms of good football from him. He’s completely incapable of playing the role Enzo wants him to. Plus, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the side, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the club and he absolutely should not be given the armband when he has been. This was the moment I lost all respect for Enzo, just from a moral standpoint he should have been dumped out of the side and got rid of at the first opportunity. 

Just part of the big problem within this squad, when you look at it, it’s frankly ridiculous that Hamza has been playing and he’s been given the armband, and a proven leader is left on the bench week in week out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notnow john said:

During his recent drink driving case, his brief stated he earned 12 grand a week. I doubt he would lie to the court.

Still generous, but more realistic.

That’s a reasonable point (although wage structures can often quite complex regarding basic plus bits and pieces). However, there is no way that hamza signed a new deal here on 12k per week 

even if you accept that he had a 50% relegation reduction, £25k is still too low for a PL squad player 

I think we could deduce from this that the club have a very complex wage reduction system in place for this season.  I would offer my idea that the drop off in intensity might be related to financial issues around the end of season add ons but there’s no way that a player would accept a sig reduction in wages without an equally sig promotion bonus being cast in stone and therefore having to be paid. 

i wonder if some of the players have lost faith in enzo’s system and thinking that they may be looking at a big financial hit if we don’t go up. Of course there are others whose agents will have told them that a fire sale would be excellent for their own pocket. 

Edited by st albans fox

20 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

We are entitled. Entitled to voice our opinions and concerns when the club has gone to shit both on and off the field. Unfortunately, there isn't enough "entitled" fans that are willing to challenge the club, the manager and players for their under performance, as most are just on a day trip out and will just happy clap when the club is on fire. Was the same last season and is the same now. If more fans last season had called for Rodgers to go earlier, we may not even be where we are. The only way to try and see change at the club is by challenging the people running it and not just happy clapping and hoping for the best. 

You don't start challenging the players and manager when we have been top for most the season and are now in a fight to get promoted, you back them.

If you want to vent anger then vent it at the board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

You don't start challenging the players and manager when we have been top for most the season and are now in a fight to get promoted, you back them.

If you want to vent anger then vent it at the board.

You do when you blow a lead that’s almost impossible to blow. Challenge them to the hills. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

You do when you blow a lead that’s almost impossible to blow. Challenge them to the hills. 

So you boo them continually until they start to win?

2 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

Just watched a interview with Bristol Manager, Liam Manning, High Press, Introducing New Ideas and Sticking to the Plan.

He won't be the Only Manager willing to change their system when they Play us. 

Insanity Quotes - BrainyQuote

The most embarrassing thing is that Manning is genuinely clueless and a large section of the Bristol fans want him gone.

If he can work out how to play us then pretty much any manager in that league should be able to do so.

We are soooo one dimensional.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

The season is still going, leads mean nothing its where you finish after the 46 games.

Agreed, but given Marescas reluctance/inability to change things, even though we've been poor for months, do you genuinely believe we'll get promoted? Way we're playing, I genuinely don't see us winning another game. Is getting on the manager and players backs helpful? No. Is it understandable? Yes. Blowing a 17 point lead is unforgivable and the frustration of the fans is totally understandable. The off field issues also add to the growing frustrations and this will naturally transfer into the stadium when our performances and results are so under whelming. As I've said all season, Enzo ball is boring but was accepted when we were winning. The boring, pointless sideways passing isn't accepted when we are not winning. 

Edited by jayfox26

30 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

The season is still going, leads mean nothing its where you finish after the 46 games.

Form, on the other hand - in a run-in, in the playoffs - form is massively important.

Our rivals have hit their stride at the perfect time. We've got to start a race with a cold engine.

Edited by Bourbon Fox