Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Bristol City 1 - 0 LCFC Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

We look like a team fighting for league survival than a team battling for promotion. A few players i think need to dropped. Coady needs to start at the back. Not convinced with either of our centre backs.

Dewsbury Hall as looked poor for weeks now, do we drop him?

We dont look like a team fighting for anything to be honest.

• Like 3

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is a joke, why we felt the need to pay bang average players so much is beyond me 

Yet something we proliferated until the end. #process

• Like 1

I’m usually an optimist but the only positive today was seeing Andy King. I said last year that there were quite a few players in this squad I couldn’t warm too, and it’s time to say that despite the first 2/3 of this season, that has not changed. Not enough of them have fight about them, when the going gets tough, they hide. That ‘performance’ today was pathetic, and yet despite that if Vards takes one of those chances, we might have won. 

Fair play to Bristol City, they deserved it. Kept their shape, carried some threat and we didn’t know what to do to break through them. Late subs yet again - closing the stable after the horse has bolted. No urgency. Plenty giving them stick in the stands at full time and I don’t blame them

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

Lots of commentary today about the fact that we have been sussed out and need to change tactics.Totally agree.

I have lots of ideas. Here is one.  Don’t keep doing the thing that worked for us at the start of the season. That is;….a short pass out to Faes or Vestergard, who walk slowly out, waiting for the opposition striker to run towards them, then, at the last second, pass to someone else who is in space. Early in the season, that process kept possession, physically wore the opposition down and allowed Leicester to play out from the back.

It doesn’t work any more! When Faes has the ball with someone clearly in the open in front of him, he waits and waits and waits to someone comes to him. The opposing player now knows exactly what is going to happen.. As he closes Faes down, he does it in one direction, forcing Faes to pass in the direction and to a player the opposition want. Meanwhile, they know exactly where that will be and as the attacker approaches Faes, they send someone across to cover the predictable pass.

Not only does that allow them to press way more effectively, but it leads to screw ups and high risk……and the slow process allows them to get more men back to defence.

For goodness sake….pass the ball quickly to a player who is open! Beat the press! Don’t encourage the press! Open up the game and get upfield quickly! Stop inviting them on!

……and it ain’t just me that can see it.

They've only had 2 weeks to work on it mate, give them a chance.

21 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Very true. The spirit of the team is broken. The last two weeks has just smashed the nail in the coffin. 

We all know too well, we won’t recover, we never do, this isn’t a wobble, it’s a club in crisis. 

Yep, I think we've seen this too many times over the past 3/4 years, we know we're ending up in the POs where we'll then lose.

There's been no spirit, no character and no fight in this team for a few seasons now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yep, I think we've seen this too many times over the past 3/4 years, we know we're ending up in the POs where we'll then lose.

There's been no spirit, no character and no fight in this team for a few seasons now.

There is no killer instinct, everything is poor… they are on their massive wage and living it up on the golf course which should be a training ground lol but it is more a holiday spa. No passion and no fight 

• Like 1

I saw Enzo Puel interview and he kept harping on about chances missed:

1. Vardy made one of them happen, with that flick to KDH

2. Their keeper made a mess for the other chance. 

There is no real aggression, dynamic attacking football, or fight. 

To be fair, they may have had 1 possibly 2 penalties. That makes it about even.

I seriously think, that they have left that attacking module at Enzo's flat. 

I go back to the quote by my favourite manager:

'Tactics don't win matches, players do'.

Martin O'Neil

• Like 1

Imagine what it will be like next season if we do go up and can't sign many players, stick with a one track manager and have a points deduction...

If it wasn't for the risk of financial ruin, I'd rather reset completely, stay in the Championship and rebuild, rather than go up and have to be served more of this dross.

KP days are numbered - when they can sell, they will.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JonesLCFC said:

Out of our hands now. Would just like to thank Enzo and the players for the biggest bottle job of alltime :appl:

No it's not! It's certainly still in our hands. I know we lost but we didn't throw away our game in hand as well. 

Embarrassing performance, this is the business end of the season and we're playing like we're already on the beach. 

I assume everyone who said fans who didn't like this style of football just lacked the intelligence to understand it probably thought it was an outstanding performance. 

• Like 1

I got slated earlier on in the season when I suggested there was no plan B.We have Harry Souter not even making the bench who could be thrown on upfront in a sticky game just to change things about.Harry knows where the goal is and have a striker play off him.Aka Steve Walsh...it’s not rocket science.Enzos stubbornness will /has cost us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Every Leicester fan I’ve spoken to Bristol today said ‘we’ve ****ed it’. 

Sums up it. There’s a nagging thing in me what says in the long run maybe it’s what we need. The medicine has to go down. 

The question is, will it be taken. The problem is all Enzo. It’s the ownership. They are less likely to sell and more likely to hinder with us languishing down here. 

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I still can’t quite believe today. I was confident that a break would have done us the world of good, not only to rest but to adapt and try a few new things….but we looked just as tired and just as devoid of ideas as we did before the break.

Where do we go from here? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a manager so steadfast in his beliefs. I just can’t see anything changing.

Enzo is a good man, and coach but he is inexperienced and that is now telling. This is the best squad of players in the league without question and we shouldn’t be having an issue beating anyone. The problem is Enzo isn’t a football manager yet

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The question is, will it be taken. The problem is all Enzo. It’s the ownership. They are less likely to sell and more likely to hinder with us languishing down here. 

I agree. You’d think sending down one of the strongest squads in the PL would make some realisation occur. 

Will looking like twats financially and in the championship change it? 

Who knows? I suspect the decision really lies deep deep down in the strategists of people who support the king in Thailand 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

I still can’t quite believe today. I was confident that a break would have done us the world of good, not only to rest but to adapt and try a few new things….but we looked just as tired and just as devoid of ideas as we did before the break.

Where do we go from here? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a manager so steadfast in his beliefs. I just can’t see anything changing.

One of the most disappointing things for me too. 

At times in the 2nd half we looked fatigued, even some of the players that had that 2 week break and didn't play internationals. 

Very frustrating that we are so predictable in the sense that if you prevent us scoring for about 50-60 minutes, by any method, you're likely to get a decent chance to take the lead. And more often than not you just have to be positionally sound because we're not going to lump it up, we'll just play in exactly the same way to get back into the game. 

• Like 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Enzo is a good man, and coach but he is inexperienced and that is now telling. This is the best squad of players in the league without question and we shouldn’t be having an issue beating anyone 

Never trust a man who dyes his beard 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So lots of people expected little Ipswich to fade.. Me included.. But in fact, surprise surprise it's us.

How does a team full of division one players outperform us, a team full of Premier league players?

Answer - there is little difference between them, the difference is passion and guts, we have none they have both in spades.

They also have a talented manager who can adapt.

We are finished, just as clearly as we were finished last season at this point.

A long stay in the championship / division one beckons l think, but then the prem is a club for six with the rest making up the numbers anyway.

Football is the worst l ever remember atm and I'm getting so as l couldn't care less.

• Like 1

Leicester City and Leeds United have things in common. During the last games for each and when losing, they pass the ball backwards at the back from the wingbacks to the central defenders and back again, ad infinitum.

The second thing is that in the last game, they both had an inconsequential cental strikers; Vardy and Bamford.

Watching the game today, there was a lot to be concerned about, especially our midfield. A part from winks we had no one available or looking to receive the ball. I was disappointed with both KDH and Niddi performances today. There seem to no one tracking back, no one covering runs. The whole of the midfield was too static, whereas in beginning of the season, we had that fluidity.