Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Bristol City 1 - 0 LCFC Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Stupid thing is we've had 3 clear cut chances again. 

I'm genuinely baffled how we've managed to miss so many chances across the season.

Vardy, Nacho and Daka all have the quality to still be in the Prem. 

The Scottish Prem?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Stupid thing is we've had 3 clear cut chances again. 

I'm genuinely baffled how we've managed to miss so many chances across the season.

Vardy, Nacho and Daka all have the quality to still be in the Prem. 

Perhaps time to load the Cannon? 

27 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

Does anyone think those players yesterday look like they’re up for this battle? Body language tells the story…shrugging shoulders, hands on hips, half hearted challenges. Not chasing lost causes. 
They’ve given up already….outfought by an extremely limited Bristol City with nothing to play for. The bare minimum is to put a shift in.

I had Fulham vibes after seeing them get off the coach, just looked not quite right. That continued when things went against us and most certainly after they scored

More troubling is the lack of movement off the ball to help a team mate out. Wingers put into dead ends with no help. Striker left isolated. Situations in defence where Fatawu ends up right back and one of the centre backs becomes in a 1 on 1. 

The defensive shape is ghastly 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

More troubling is the lack of movement off the ball to help a team mate out. Wingers put into dead ends with no help. Striker left isolated. Situations in defence where Fatawu ends up right back and one of the centre backs becomes in a 1 on 1. 

The defensive shape is ghastly 

Some of the defensive transitions yesterday would have embarrassed my youngest’s U13 team 

my kid was screaming at winks to stop over committing in midfield because as he said to me - ‘if you’re a single CDM then you can’t gamble’.   And he’s right - just look at the space when we turned over the ball on several occasions.  Janiik was also guilty of going way too high to try and put pressure on his man - just let him go if he’s dropping into their defensive third.   Like I said - embarrassing for seasoned pros. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

Just now, st albans fox said:

Some of the defensive transitions yesterday would have embarrassed my kids U13 team 

my kid was screaming at winks to stop over committing in midfield because as he said to me - ‘if you’re a single CDM then you can’t gamble’.   And he’s right - just look at the space when we turned over the ball on several occasions.  Janiik was also guilty of going way too high to try and put pressure on his man - just let him go if he’s dropping into their defensive third.   Like I said - embarrassing for seasoned pros. 

The team plays in two units. The CDM is on an absolute hiding to nothing when he moves up the pitch. Wingers lose the ball and bang it’s 3 on 3, counter attack 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

Does anyone think those players yesterday look like they’re up for this battle? Body language tells the story…shrugging shoulders, hands on hips, half hearted challenges. Not chasing lost causes. 
They’ve given up already….outfought by an extremely limited Bristol City with nothing to play for. The bare minimum is to put a shift in.

11 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

I had Fulham vibes after seeing them get off the coach, just looked not quite right. That continued when things went against us and most certainly after they scored

I didn't see them get off the coach but I saw it in the first 3 minutes. You can tell almost immediately if Mavididi isn't right and can predict that he'll have another shocker. Right from the kick-off we were on the back foot. I did feel Fatawu's pain (or Fatto as the announcer called him, twice) as he was one of the few actually making an effort. 

The whole 6 week decline does seem to have coincided with the EFL/PL charges. Yet another fragile, weak mentality group of players. 

5 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I’m up too and still absolutely fuming. Yesterday was right up there with one of the most disappointing results and performances I can remember given the curcumstances 

Probably the worst since the 1st half showing at Fulham last spring.

Mostly because, like Fulham,  we had a long time to prepare for it and made a complete dogs dinner of it.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Given the context of the situation we find ourselves in as a club, the opposition being ranked probably 24th out of 24 in terms of needing a result I think that's one of the most disgraceful showings I've ever seen. An absolute utter disgrace. If you're an Ipswich or Leeds fan watching that, you are absolutely buzzing. People talk about Ipswich being lucky all season but I think the biggest stroke of luck they have is that they've got to contend with these absolute jokers as their main competition. This team is no different to previous years. Spineless mentality from the very top of this club to the bottom which I have zero resonation with whatsoever. All of the lazy cliches are unfortunately true of us - we think we're too clever for it.

Maresca has successfully in the space of six weeks gone from looking a good bet to breaking the points record to looking totally one-dimensional, out of his depth. I'd have no qualms if he was booted tomorrow to be honest. This is too important a situation to piss away on this kind of blind idealism. The same system every single game no matter who the opposition, no matter who the personnel we have available. He's a one-trick pony.

The most disgraceful relegation in Premier League history in serious danger of being followed up with the most disgraceful bottling of promotion in Championship history - all at such a huge cost. It's unforgivable, and **** anyone defending this utter shit.

Unfortunately, the majority of the fan base want a dogmatic manager.

I pointed out the lack of depth in the tactics when we were winning and was met with hostility. One poster called it 'breathtaking' and said we didn't need any other plan.

It happens cos ya let it; all involved at the club have allowed this complacency.

We've the most talented squad in the division. Better hope the manager can sort something out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

That was 4am wake up, so pretty much yeah 

It is something I was unprepared for going into full adulthood.

When I was a nipper I'd have slept like a dream until midday. Now it's up and awake at 2 with no ****ing chance of sleep.

14 hours ago, phildw said:

No it's not! It's certainly still in our hands. I know we lost but we didn't throw away our game in hand as well. 

Yeah, my mistake. Even so, we had a 17-point gap to third. If we win our game in hand, that's turned to 2...

Not a great trajectory.

42 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Probably the worst since the 1st half showing at Fulham last spring.

Mostly because, like Fulham,  we had a long time to prepare for it and made a complete dogs dinner of it.

It reminded me of that performance at Barnsley under Nigel April Fools Day 2013. 

Lost 2-0 and was a completely insipid performance

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I didn't see them get off the coach but I saw it in the first 3 minutes. You can tell almost immediately if Mavididi isn't right and can predict that he'll have another shocker. Right from the kick-off we were on the back foot. I did feel Fatawu's pain (or Fatto as the announcer called him, twice) as he was one of the few actually making an effort. 

The whole 6 week decline does seem to have coincided with the EFL/PL charges. Yet another fragile, weak mentality group of players. 

They probably thought they was all going to be back on huge wages next season but now with the EFL/PL charges there tune has changed.

Bunch of fannys if that's the case

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

It has been an extraordinary collapse but since xmas the malaise that seemed to be present al last season has manifested itself once again in our play. I didn't think Bristol had much to play for but they seemed to want to win far more than us. Yes we had really good chances, but so did they. Ours were better but once again unconverted.

Maybe the financial predicament of the club is a factor, who knows, but promotion is slipping through our fingers and I wouldn't bet on us in the playoffs on our current form.

Time to stand up and be counted must be the message, to players & to the management.

The worry is they were unable to do so last season.

Bloody long trip for such disappointment.

Edited by Bablemikey

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Theres a video of something being thrown at the coach... poor atm but we arent that bad lol. I know the players need a wake up call but throwing things at the coach is going too far.

From our fans or theirs?

30 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

They probably thought they was all going to be back on huge wages next season but now with the EFL/PL charges there tune has changed.

Bunch of fannys if that's the case

Their contracts will dictate that and we couldn’t change those 

my thoughts are still around promotion bonus’ and maybe only some players had agents who were switched on 

Hi Foxes, Bristol city fan here.

I'm most certainly not here to gloat but the big change IMHO between the all conquering LCFC and what we saw yesterday was quite simple to me. You were very static in comparison to the Leicester that were smashing everyone, making it easier to stop.

Most of my fellow reds around me couldn't believe the lack of movement at times.

That said, if Vardy had taken a couple of the chances he had, who knows what would have transpired.

Is Mavidi (sp) a 'confidence' player as I don't think he realises how good he is?

Win your game in hand and who knows. I wish you well.

Edited by Ciderup
  • Like 2