Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Viable managerial replacements?

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

But what then? We go up, resign the players we have on even larger salaries due to embargo inevitably imposed by the EPL, get relegated and find ourselves yet again breaching PSR for another period.   :dunno:

Do this purge down here in the dark.

Oh let me be clear i'm not talking about sacking Enzo, not yet anyway.

I was just replying to the notion that some people still claim we couldn't afford to sack Rodgers.

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh let me be clear i'm not talking about sacking Enzo, not yet anyway.

I was just replying to the notion that some people still claim we couldn't afford to sack Rodgers.

Ah sorry, my bad, I should know better by now. 

Edit Although saying that, I just scared myself with the scenario I outlined.  :(

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

honestly pearson is the answer for many reasons. 

The fans would massively get behind the club at a time when it’s pretty hard to do so. 

He would give the players a big boost and give us half a chance at fixing the collapse. 

If we don’t go up, who better to deal with such limited resources than pearson. The best thing about pearson is the rebuild job he’s capable of. 

The negative is that i’m not sure he can take us where we want to be if we go up. But I’d like to see him have a chance. 

He hasnt succeeded  anywhere else  and any good manager  would have got us out of  Div i

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The fans would massively get behind the club at a time when it’s pretty hard to do so. 

He would give the players a big boost and give us half a chance at fixing the collapse. 

If we don’t go up, who better to deal with such limited resources than pearson. The best thing about pearson is the rebuild job he’s capable of. 

The negative is that i’m not sure he can take us where we want to be if we go up. But I’d like to see him have a chance. 

He is unwell, leave him be.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

But what then? We go up, resign the players we have on even larger salaries due to embargo inevitably imposed by the EPL, get relegated and find ourselves yet again breaching PSR for another period.   :dunno:

Do this purge down here in the dark.

Think if we're to go up ,ditch the big contracts ,bank the money even if it means  relegation,which it probably  would with a points deduction and start again.

• Like 1

Just now, john ridley said:

Think if we're to go up ,ditch the big contracts ,bank the money even if it means  relegation,which it probably  would with a points deduction and start again.

Yes that sounds sensible and a good way to repair some of our horrific financial mismanagement.

Guest leatherhead32
45 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Chose John Ridley as we waited outside the ground and he came over for a chat and I got his autograph. Sadly no longer with us 😞 

i didn't know hed died rip. bit of a obscure name from  a great time to follow team home n away albeit dodgy  ha , just in last year at school for what it was worth , got him from port vale bout october 78  at a guess centre mid id say he went in summer as didn't play i'm sure in 2nd div title season , any one who gave autographs was sound but a chat just made our days didnt it ,  so nice to read that  . going to google him now 

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

With the greatest of respect they are consistently wrong on us. We are not a normal case and there is enough evidence now of that. I mean they had us to come 16th after the Fulham debacle last season where anyone who'd ever watched a game of football before knew we were one of the worst three teams.

I say this as somebody who follows the odds quite closely but we are a complete anomaly and it's proven time and time again.

The doom and gloom is totally justified. It's too serious a situation to just put our fingers in our ears and pretend everything is OK.

Their odds are set to ensure a house advantage so are based on the bets coming in.

If they were set on reality, Leeds and Ipswich last 6 form puts them as clear favourites at this stage, they 1 and 2 in last 6, whilst we are 3rd from bottom, with saints around mid table.

It is like winning a truck race but the leader is heading for the barrier, he still technically has the lead, but its a monumental task to shift that beast another way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

he basically issued a come and get me yesterday 

Your mind is a scary place.

1 hour ago, Foxaholic ME said:

He hasnt succeeded  anywhere else  and any good manager  would have got us out of  Div i

He’s made some poor choices with destinations. Derby were an awful fit with mel morris. leuven just culturally didn’t fit. Watford, he turned them around and without their owners being lunatics would have had a very good chance of keeping them in the prem.

Bristol fans were incredibly happy with him and felt he was rebuilding in an excellent manner.

He’s not a tactical genius, i know that. But we need someone to galvanize and rebuild on what is likely to be a very tricky environment over the next few years. I’d feel safe with pearson that he could still get a tune out of whatever we get stuck with. That’s even taking away my bias, I just think he’s good in that scenario. 

Cooper would also do very well. 

I think certain managers, even if they are very good, will struggle with the forced sales and no ability to replace. So we need someone who is capable of getting on with it whatever the situation 

Guest glasgowfox
1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I actually get some of your opinion but I think Nigel is not in the best health and sometimes it's better to look forward rather than back. Imo we would never have won the premier league without his input but feel its better to remember him like that.

He will be with us for the remainder of the season, but summer this becomes a discussion for the club, for me they should bring a hungry manager, someone who knows from day 1 where they stand with budget and works on the basics, not slow build up tippy tappy, TOP needs to grow out of it.

Pearson for the rebuild if we don't get promoted.....the club is in dire straits and we need strong characters who have footballing nouse that our board lack. Rudkin and Top clearly haven't got it in to sort out footballing issues at the club.

We need Pearson to bring back the best of his backroom staff. And if we get promoted then we can pass the baton on to a younger hungrier manager who's learnt his experience in the lower leagues and been successful.

Not sure being stuck in the past is the best thing for our future.

Just get a proper DoF

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

People forget that we have no money and are facing points deduction next season whichever league we find ourselves in. Lots of players leaving in the Summer with no money to spend on replacements. Any incoming manager will be looking at emulating Ian Holloways achievements.

It’s Cooper for me. What he did at Forest was impressive, right up until they brought in 114 new players in one transfer window. And the good news is, that’s not something he’d ever have to worry about at LCFC. 

Doubt Pearson will take another managers job in football. When he was here with Bristol someone asked him if he would ever come back and he said “I won’t be doing this for much longer” due to his health.

I did hear that he has improved apparently and had some serious illnesses ruled out but he doesn’t strike me as someone that would keep doing it like people like Hodgson etc.

15 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I cannot see to many, who would come in and have an impact.

Cooper?

Scott Parker?

Are we better off keeping Enzo even though it’s likely we won’t get promoted now?

Gary Rowett got Brum to the playoff places before the idiots sacked him.