Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Viable managerial replacements?

25 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

If Enzo was to leave before the end of the season, which is highly unlikely, as it would mean a parting of the ways on Monday after the Norwich game, leaving 7 games to go, I really don’t think we would take a gamble like and that and also I ain’t convinced Top and Rudkin would be proactive enough to have somebody like Copper primed and ready to come in on say a 12 month rolling contract.

I think regardless what happens this season, Enzo is gone in the summer, I really do feel the true financial position was divulged until January and the trust and relationship is broken. 

if we don’t get promoted, it’s going to be completely different job and I would like to see us go for a young upcoming hungry manager who sees our club as an honour and privilege to manage our club, I have suggested Richie Wellens in another thread as I feel he not only plays decent football but he has done his apprenticeship at some challenging clubs and had some reasonable success. 

Wellens ?  
that would be too much of a gift to foxes talk …

• Haha 1

I think it’s going for someone realistically whatever division we are in next season who’d want the job. 
Maybe I’m being unrealistic for Urs Fischer but I do like the thought of Diego Martinez who’s been mentioned. 
I just don’t think we’ll look abroad when clearly that is where the better options are. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Back in the summer I wanted us to go all out for Adi Hutter, he was out of work back then, he's now unobtainable, he's not leaving Monaco for our basket case club.

Another one I wanted in the summer was Diego Martinez, who is available. 

They both seem different, break the mold of the generic modern manager. They want front footed football, exciting, attacking, but the powers that be seem to want this dour, slow build up play by instruction

Fwiw, I don't think Enzo will be sacked, neither should he be, yet, but as the weeks go on since his outburst, threatening to leave, all he's done is create more questions than answers, done even less to appease the fans and stop the decline in form. The smiling and smirking in the interview yesterday did me also.

It's only a matter of time before this unfolds into the inevitable, whether the result is promotion or not and the club should always have a shortlist of 'next managers', unfortunately I think they'll continue down the route that we've seen with the insipid style of our last 3 (Not quite so much with Enzo but it's in the same realm, the principles are ultimately the same), that seems to be their remit, that's the direction of travel this football club finds itself in.

Yep, this style of play is what's wanted at the top. Until King Power sell up it'll be exactly the same. There's a lot to be said for an identity that managers and players are slotted into, but...

7 hours ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

The bookmakers still have us as joint favourites (alongside Leeds). Our form is poor, but our points per game is still the best in the division.

Can we please all stop with the doom and gloom?

yea everything is great whoopee:ph34r:

• Like 1