Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Viable managerial replacements?

5 hours ago, Matt said:

But we could afford to get rid of Rodgers and eventually, we did.

And if we had got rid earlier (And i'm talking the summer of that season) we would have had a better chance of staying up, instead not getting rid, citing reasons "we couldn't afford too" actually cost us more in relegation.

False Economy anyone?

Absolutely true Matt. I should have worded it ie 'we' got stuck with Rodgers, Top had a choice. 

15 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

It ain't going to happen what a pointless thread.

We are 1 game in hand away from the top of the table and we are calling for a board that took a year to sack declining manager to sack one now.

NOT HAPPENING. 

Fair point but it's not like we were bottom half at Christmas.

Massive, miraculous meltdown and he has demonstrated he can't and won't change anything.

Head over heart, we are better off sticking now. Still got a good chance of getting promoted but let's just say the atmosphere has soured.

:brendan:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

honestly pearson is the answer for many reasons. 

The fans would massively get behind the club at a time when it’s pretty hard to do so. 

He would give the players a big boost and give us half a chance at fixing the collapse. 

If we don’t go up, who better to deal with such limited resources than pearson. The best thing about pearson is the rebuild job he’s capable of. 

The negative is that i’m not sure he can take us where we want to be if we go up. But I’d like to see him have a chance. 

Sadly, without his previous team around him he's not exactly been a success anywhere since leaving us. Don't let's spoil the memories. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

If Enzo was to leave before the end of the season, which is highly unlikely, as it would mean a parting of the ways on Monday after the Norwich game, leaving 7 games to go, I really don’t think we would take a gamble like and that and also I ain’t convinced Top and Rudkin would be proactive enough to have somebody like Copper primed and ready to come in on say a 12 month rolling contract.

I think regardless what happens this season, Enzo is gone in the summer, I really do feel the true financial position was divulged until January and the trust and relationship is broken. 

if we don’t get promoted, it’s going to be completely different job and I would like to see us go for a young upcoming hungry manager who sees our club as an honour and privilege to manage our club, I have suggested Richie Wellens in another thread as I feel he not only plays decent football but he has done his apprenticeship at some challenging clubs and had some reasonable success. 

lol I'm not knocking this because it's a fair shout, he's done a really good job at Orient, but it's just absolutely wild to me that we're at a point where this can be a real suggestion.

Michael Skubala was a PE teacher at my school when I was a student there and he's absolutely smashing it at Lincoln - he's doing so well that he'd be a genuine contender. That's just mind blowing to me.

I think looking to this league I like what both Cifuentes and Rohl have done since taking charge - Rohl is probably still going to get relegated but he inherited an absolutely hopeless situation, while Cifuentes is going to save QPR from their own. I just cannot believe we're at a point where from the summer somebody like Rosenior or Corberan could tell us to stick it.

Edited by Dan LCFC

Guest J-FOX

Some people are associating the decision to sack or not with promotion. It is so much more fundamental than temporal positioning in the table.

Do you not remember how all the media darlings would rant and rave about the amazing work of Brendan Rodgers when we fans knew it was not all roses.

Do you not remember how Rodgers himself implied that "little old Leicester" were lucky to have him.

Enzo has already threatened to walk if we show any kind of unhappiness with his system. I challenge him to have the courage of his convictions and walk.

Enzo ball is turgid, soulless, anti-entertainment. It is predictable, ineffective and works against the expression of individual footballers on the pitch.

There is no flair, individual brilliance, unpredictable excitement, passion, fire or any other positive emotion that emanates from our national team sport.

With our supposed superior players and big salaries we still fail to dominate or control teams or the flow of the game - so what value does Enzo ball actually have?

It is anti-football. For how many years have I turned on the TV and then turned it off again when I see it is Man City.

We have a sub-par version minus the world class players and minus the trophies.

If we win the league = Enzo out !

If we finish second = Enzo out !

If we win the playoffs = Enzo out !

If we bottle the playoffs = Enzo out !

Football for the fans should be about entertainment.

At this appropriate time of the year we can even draw from the bible to express what should be our shared disgust with the current LCFC project.

What will it profit a man if he gains the whole world yet forfeits his soul? Mark. 8/36

I would give up all the promotions in the world for the sake of good old-fashioned emotive entertainment at the football.

Leicester 5-1 Cambridge comes to mind and NOT for the system of play.........

19 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

If Enzo was to leave before the end of the season, which is highly unlikely, as it would mean a parting of the ways on Monday after the Norwich game, leaving 7 games to go, I really don’t think we would take a gamble like and that and also I ain’t convinced Top and Rudkin would be proactive enough to have somebody like Copper primed and ready to come in on say a 12 month rolling contract.

I think regardless what happens this season, Enzo is gone in the summer, I really do feel the true financial position was divulged until January and the trust and relationship is broken. 

if we don’t get promoted, it’s going to be completely different job and I would like to see us go for a young upcoming hungry manager who sees our club as an honour and privilege to manage our club, I have suggested Richie Wellens in another thread as I feel he not only plays decent football but he has done his apprenticeship at some challenging clubs and had some reasonable success. 

Richie Wellens is an excellent shout.I’ve watched Orient play occasionally the last few years so know what he’s had to deal with.Has kept them on an upward trajectory despite having to move some very good players on.If it were to go sideways in the near future and Leicester have to cut their cloth accordingly ie bin the big egos,then you would hope someone high up will have been tracking his career.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, J-FOX said:

Some people are associating the decision to sack or not with promotion. It is so much more fundamental than temporal positioning in the table.

Do you not remember how all the media darlings would rant and rave about the amazing work of Brendan Rodgers when we fans knew it was not all roses.

Do you not remember how Rodgers himself implied that "little old Leicester" were lucky to have him.

Enzo has already threatened to walk if we show any kind of unhappiness with his system. I challenge him to have the courage of his convictions and walk.

Enzo ball is turgid, soulless, anti-entertainment. It is predictable, ineffective and works against the expression of individual footballers on the pitch.

There is no flair, individual brilliance, unpredictable excitement, passion, fire or any other positive emotion that emanates from our national team sport.

With our supposed superior players and big salaries we still fail to dominate or control teams or the flow of the game - so what value does Enzo ball actually have?

It is anti-football. For how many years have I turned on the TV and then turned it off again when I see it is Man City.

At this appropriate time of the year we can even draw from the bible to express what should be our shared disgust with the current LCFC project.

What will it profit a man if he gains the whole world yet forfeits his soul? Mark. 8/36

I would give up all the promotions in the world for the sake of good old-fashioned emotive entertainment at the football.

Without a doubt, the best post of this entire thread. 

100% agree,  even with the turning off of Man City (and England to a degree, as "Mr Charisma" Tw@tgate is another passback merchant) as i don't like possession football. - it bores me silly.

But I do fear that 'the powers at be' at our club do like it, or see it as the way forward as,  "all the other teams are doing it, or moving towards this way of playing".

However, unless you have pots and pots of gold, and the Big Six freedom to spend it, it's not going to work. Be that for us or the other any small, medium or large club.

Maybe the recent allegations are a blessing in disguise and are a early warning that we to are in this group who can't afford to finance EnzoBall styles of play if the club is really honest about it.

But silly me. This is Top and the LCFC board we are talking about. 

21 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

The doom and gloom is a very logical response to this:

IMG_2074.jpeg

It really is mindblowing that Enzo can look at this and think “I’m going to do the exact same thing next week” and half this forum applaud him for it and say the fans are the problem…. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

It really is mindblowing that Enzo can look at this and think “I’m going to do the exact same thing next week” and half this forum applaud him for it and say the fans are the problem…. 

Exactly. Without at least trying Albrighton on either wing or as an inverted FB, Coady in for Wout / Vestergaard, Nacho up top, one of the multiple youth options as simple straight swaps. 

If he’s so rigidly wedded to the system he could easily change the combinations of players in it to unlock the door. 

I do still really hope he succeeds, and this is the Sheffield Utd watershed moment.

That form table could look horrific on Tuesday! 

Edited by 5waller5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

In some votes rodgers still had 50% support the week before his sacking

• Like 1

Guest J-FOX

We need a pragmatist who can:

1) make the best possible use of the players we have and their own individual attributes and situations

2) craft a system of play that allows for the rotation of the squad and the inclusion or more squad members

3) make "getting a result" the exclusive goal of every single game regardless of what it takes

4) make the fans feel included and entertained through appeals to positive emotion, masculine effort, team fight and total club commitment

Unfortunately, this style of manager is not currently fashionable in the media driven world of professional football.

It would also necessitate an English manager, which again, is not currently fashionable.

I think this deep-seated need is what explains the lasting appeal of someone like Nigel Pearson and Martin O'Neill. Whilst their football was never the best, they embodied the expectations and primitive needs of the fan base, that is, they literally and emotionally took us all along for the ride. Like lifelong fans (I believe the dirty term is "legacy fans") are now being replaced with weekend/tourist supporters, the whole notion of nostalgia in men's football is now seen as borderline offensive. This is what happens when we allow the emasculation of our national sport (and men's competitive sports in general) and vacuous US media companies to dictate narratives, prices, kick-off times, and agendas. Within such a rancid landscape, who can blame us for fantasizing about the return of Nigel or Martin to stir up the heart strings again and stick "little old Leicester" to the so-called big boys :)

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

What odds Vardy misses those chances next week? Maybe he is a gambling man

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Without a doubt, the best post of this entire thread. 

100% agree,  even with the turning off of Man City (and England to a degree, as "Mr Charisma" Tw@tgate is another passback merchant) as i don't like possession football. - it bores me silly.

But I do fear that 'the powers at be' at our club do like it, or see it as the way forward as,  "all the other teams are doing it, or moving towards this way of playing".

However, unless you have pots and pots of gold, and the Big Six freedom to spend it, it's not going to work. Be that for us or the other any small, medium or large club.

Maybe the recent allegations are a blessing in disguise and are a early warning that we to are in this group who can't afford to finance EnzoBall styles of play if the club is really honest about it.

But silly me. This is Top and the LCFC board we are talking about. 

Possession football can work, it isn't just about Possession/ counter attack. We didn't really have a lot of Possession against a nothing to play for Bristol City. We have seen teams be affective with Possession based styles on a budget, Rogers at both Swansea and us for probably 18 months at both, granted he spunked a bit more money for us.

Lets cut the Manager some slack here.

It would be nice to know he would play or not play, if the funds were available1

Unfortunately his hands are  tied.

He wanted a player in in January, and it never happened.

Its obvious he doesn't trust them all. Hence the lack of substitutions.

If we have to be critical, it has to his stubbornness to change the formation in games.

However we are still in there, so lets get behind the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-FOX said:

make the fans feel included and entertained through appeals to positive emotion, masculine effort, team fight and total club commitment

Why "masculine" effort?  What are you on about, here? lol  In what way does it differ from just "effort"?

1 hour ago, J-FOX said:

It would also necessitate an English manager, which again, is not currently fashionable.

I think this deep-seated need is what explains the lasting appeal of someone like Nigel Pearson and Martin O'Neill

I have news about Martin O'Neill's nationality...

1 hour ago, J-FOX said:

This is what happens when we allow the emasculation of our national sport

Now it's getting weird.  :P

• Thanks 2

Guest J-FOX
35 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Why "masculine" effort?  What are you on about, here? lol  In what way does it differ from just "effort"?

I have news about Martin O'Neill's nationality...

Now it's getting weird.  :P

Oh dear. One of your lot.

On 30/03/2024 at 08:14, Claudio Fannieri said:

Having Wellens as manager would certainly give us someone to blame.

Sadly I don't think names Cooper or Parker would come as I think after paying off Enzo's contract they'd be nothing left to offer the next gaffer. When Darren Moore was sacked by West Brom a few season's ago when they were challenging for promotion, for the last few games they gave the job to one of coaching staff... can't remember who it was. I reckon they'd give it to Danny Walker the first team coach for the last remaining games.

8 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Exactly. Without at least trying Albrighton on either wing or as an inverted FB, Coady in for Wout / Vestergaard, Nacho up top, one of the multiple youth options as simple straight swaps. 

If he’s so rigidly wedded to the system he could easily change the combinations of players in it to unlock the door. 

I do still really hope he succeeds, and this is the Sheffield Utd watershed moment.

That form table could look horrific on Tuesday! 

Good spots.  For me Coady & Albrighton are essential in a situation like this where we need more  experience & commitment. I suspect Cannon might be the most clinical of our strikers at present.  As for the midfield, why not try one of our academy lads to see if they can liven it up a bit?

It looks like Enzo doesn't trust our subs, but his first choice players aren't producing the goods.  Has he forgotten our performance at Bournemouth where he had to include some of the "lesser lights"? His thinking seems to have gone completely off the rails.

To get rid now looks like pressing the panic button yet it's hard to see him being able to recover from this slump.

Can only Hooe I'm wrong (but I wasn't wrong about Rodgers!).

17 hours ago, adamkhalifa said:

Steve Cooper for me. We might actually go forward, without getting a nose bleed.

He is an obvious candidate, local and did an amazing turn around for forest.
But of course he needs to know the true conditions he is working under and not have footballing decisions interfered with.

19 hours ago, J-FOX said:

It isn't 1992 anymore 😆 And if we didn't get promotion I doubt anyone on this forum would be happy with "good old-fashioned emotive entertainment"

I'm sure Luton fans are enjoying their emotive entertainment but offer them a title and a few games against Real, Bayern and Inter at "the Kenny" and they'll be more than happy with the anti-football you're not enjoying.

BTW when anti-football had us clear at the top with one defeat in 17 were you unhappy or are you here on the back of a few defeats?