Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Viable managerial replacements?

Isn't this existence of this thread more a comment on the style of play, rather than the job he is doing over the season?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

The bookmakers still have us as joint favourites (alongside Leeds). Our form is poor, but our points per game is still the best in the division.

Can we please all stop with the doom and gloom?

I appreciate your optimism but after dropping a 17 point lead the doom and gloom is justified.

• Like 2

The bookmakers still have us as joint favourites (alongside Leeds). Our form is poor, but our points per game is still the best in the division.

With the greatest of respect they are consistently wrong on us. We are not a normal case and there is enough evidence now of that. I mean they had us to come 16th after the Fulham debacle last season where anyone who'd ever watched a game of football before knew we were one of the worst three teams.

I say this as somebody who follows the odds quite closely but we are a complete anomaly and it's proven time and time again.

The doom and gloom is totally justified. It's too serious a situation to just put our fingers in our ears and pretend everything is OK.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If Enzo doesn't change his "style" of play we'll be definitely out of the auto promotion. Norwich will thrash us 0-3 or 0-4 if Enzo fields a team with just one up front. Get Albrighton in and put Vardy-Nacho up front. I've had enough with these self entitled "managers" and their stubborn attitude. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest leatherhead32

if i were enzo id tell this place to f off , we are avin a badun but still in with great chance to go up automatic  the club had to lose harvey madds tills cass evens n soyunche ,  , and shop around to get team who can play to his style. the lead was much bigger than it should have been so many got carried away , its still up for grabs. that said all have a right to put up a post if that's how you feel BUT it wont help for rest of season. we gave jock wallace all our hearts from 78 / 82 and it was a great time to be a supporter, slowley people have changed towards what they see a football supporter is . i don't get it. maybe time i did one and buy back in when were in 3rd division/league 1 or bum end of this division.  im with enzo , be careful what you wish for.

13 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Big Nige for 7 games.

Then see where we are at at the end of the season.

The fact that we are in this position is disgusting.

I was never in agreement that Enzo was the right appointment, and I’ve been proven right.

The owners need to give us a manager we want and football we want. We’ve been playing the same way since Puel and we haven’t liked it.

We have been average at best all season, with some patches of nice football. Our cushion and dominance wasn’t deserved, with many lucky wins early on. Performances have been crap, we have wasted money on players we didn’t need considering our financial situation.

Think Nige needs a break from this sort of bullcrap

• Like 1

Yesterday caught up in the emotion I thought sacking was a possibility, but reflecting today I can't see it. As others have said the club are obsessed with pep esque tippy happy, failing to grasp he has one of the best squads ever assembled and possibly the best striker in the world to deliver it.

Don't get why we don't try to win by whatever means a available to us, only reason I can think is so Top doesn't feel inadequate in the VIP lounges when talking about possession % or something 

8 minutes ago, leatherhead32 said:

if i were enzo id tell this place to f off , we are avin a badun but still in with great chance to go up automatic  the club had to lose harvey madds tills cass evens n soyunche ,  , and shop around to get team who can play to his style. the lead was much bigger than it should have been so many got carried away , its still up for grabs. that said all have a right to put up a post if that's how you feel BUT it wont help for rest of season. we gave jock wallace all our hearts from 78 / 82 and it was a great time to be a supporter, slowley people have changed towards what they see a football supporter is . i don't get it. maybe time i did one and buy back in when were in 3rd division/league 1 or bum end of this division.  im with enzo , be careful what you wish for.

I'm  with you regarding the Jock Wallace era ,maybe it was my age  but those years home and away  were  the best for me supporting  leicester. He grabbed the club by the scruff of the neck and gave it a good old shaking,similar  to  big nige in that respect .With Enzo and Rodgers before him they come across bit like a snake oil salesman. They seem to love making football  more complicated  than it is and it just turns people off once the winning stops .Hope we can turn this blip around but I'm not  convinced,hope I'm  wrong.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Back in the summer I wanted us to go all out for Adi Hutter, he was out of work back then, he's now unobtainable, he's not leaving Monaco for our basket case club.

Another one I wanted in the summer was Diego Martinez, who is available. 

They both seem different, break the mold of the generic modern manager. They want front footed football, exciting, attacking, but the powers that be seem to want this dour, slow build up play by instruction

Fwiw, I don't think Enzo will be sacked, neither should he be, yet, but as the weeks go on since his outburst, threatening to leave, all he's done is create more questions than answers, done even less to appease the fans and stop the decline in form. The smiling and smirking in the interview yesterday did me also.

It's only a matter of time before this unfolds into the inevitable, whether the result is promotion or not and the club should always have a shortlist of 'next managers', unfortunately I think they'll continue down the route that we've seen with the insipid style of our last 3 (Not quite so much with Enzo but it's in the same realm, the principles are ultimately the same), that seems to be their remit, that's the direction of travel this football club finds itself in.

53 minutes ago, leatherhead32 said:

Oh there it is again, his style! He told us to F off once, do you remember? 

"Oh it's my style. I'm going to stick to my style until my late 80s".

Guess what, his style isn't working anymore. A manager is there earning millions to adapt, to try at least different things, have a plan B, C or D. Making subs at the 77th min each game and playing the same formation isn't a style of football. 

Guest leatherhead32
46 minutes ago, john ridley said:

I'm  with you regarding the Jock Wallace era ,maybe it was my age  but those years home and away  were  the best for me supporting  leicester. He grabbed the club by the scruff of the neck and gave it a good old shaking,similar  to  big nige in that respect .With Enzo and Rodgers before him they come across bit like a snake oil salesman. They seem to love making football  more complicated  than it is and it just turns people off once the winning stops .Hope we can turn this blip around but I'm not  convinced,hope I'm  wrong.

any1 remembering  john ridley is worth my ear or eyes in this case . cant fault the post at all so wont. very fair points regarding complicated football , i do like the passing but variety needed espl'y last 10 min when we need a goal . ps yeah nige was jock mark 2. they both put down markers for the next gaffas and slowly it can go away but thats football.

Guest leatherhead32
19 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Oh there it is again, his style! He told us to F off once, do you remember? 

"Oh it's my style. I'm going to stick to my style until my late 80s".

Guess what, his style isn't working anymore. A manager is there earning millions to adapt, to try at least different things, have a plan B, C or D. Making subs at the 77th min each game and playing the same formation isn't a style of football. 

i get his and your frustration , from what i heard he told the boo boys he wasnt guna change , heard 2nd hand 2bh .  BUT as john ridley posted ...seem to love making football  more complicated  than it is and it just turns people off once the winning stops .  I think that is true as we do want the ball hit long when were struggling .  ps i dont see any italian coach ever changing style even when over 80 its what they do.

Cooper would be the obvious choice and someone who’d probably be happy to join us. Even with a transfer embargo and a 9000 point deduction we have enough in the bank to be worthy of a C+ type manager. 

10 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I cannot see to many, who would come in and have an impact.

Cooper?

Scott Parker?

Are we better off keeping Enzo even though it’s likely we won’t get promoted now?

There can be no replacements, we can't afford to get rid and pay this one off. We're stuck with him like we were with Rodgers. 

8 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

It’s time. Come home NFP 🙌

Get the band back together. Nige, Shakespeare and Walsh. Would actually love this if I thought they still had something to offer but unfortunately, I'm not sure they do. 

37 minutes ago, leatherhead32 said:

any1 remembering  john ridley is worth my ear or eyes in this case . cant fault the post at all so wont. very fair points regarding complicated football , i do like the passing but variety needed espl'y last 10 min when we need a goal . ps yeah nige was jock mark 2. they both put down markers for the next gaffas and slowly it can go away but thats football.

Chose John Ridley as we waited outside the ground and he came over for a chat and I got his autograph. Sadly no longer with us 😞 

20 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

There can be no replacements, we can't afford to get rid and pay this one off. We're stuck with him like we were with Rodgers. 

But we could afford to get rid of Rodgers and eventually, we did.

And if we had got rid earlier (And i'm talking the summer of that season) we would have had a better chance of staying up, instead not getting rid, citing reasons "we couldn't afford too" actually cost us more in relegation.

False Economy anyone?

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

And if we had got rid earlier (And i'm talking the summer of that season) we would have had a better chance of staying up, instead not getting rid, citing reasons "we couldn't afford too" actually cost us more in relegation.

False Economy anyone?

Your right ,we all ,well most of us said we'll  lose more if he stays and guess what?  we were right .Though  it will cost afew bob this time with all his staff ,but aquick judgment  will have to be made if it goes tits up in the next few weeks.

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

False Economy anyone?

But what then? We go up, resign the players we have on even larger salaries due to embargo inevitably imposed by the EPL, get relegated and find ourselves yet again breaching PSR for another period.   :dunno:

Do this purge down here in the dark.