Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Viable managerial replacements?

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Cooper, what he did at Forest was remarkable to get them up, then he just got consumed by their circus act. 

He did well to get them up. But was shocking in the Prem. We’d probably sign the twat on a 4 year deal and be in trouble 6 months later, adding to the financial fiasco that is Leicester City Football Club.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

Urs Fischer. 
What he did at Union Berlin was incredible. Readily available. 
I think we’ll end up with Steve Cooper. 

Fischer would be great long term, but short term we need someone who knows this league and can ideally hit the ground running. Still, all a pipe dream……

Just now, phoneticerror said:

He did well to get them up. But was shocking in the Prem. We’d probably sign the twat on a 4 year deal and be in trouble 6 months later, adding to the financial fiasco that is Leicester City Football Club.

Shocking is harsh, Forest lost their head when they got to the PL, just chucking money around like no one’s business. 

Forest fans think a lot of him, they say he wasn’t given a fair crack and was victim to their owners insanity. 

Still, you’d only offer him a short term deal with the view of extending it if it goes well. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I cannot see to many, who would come in and have an impact.

Cooper?

Scott Parker?

Are we better off keeping Enzo even though it’s likely we won’t get promoted now?

The bookmakers still have us as joint favourites (alongside Leeds). Our form is poor, but our points per game is still the best in the division.

Can we please all stop with the doom and gloom?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Back in the summer I wanted us to go all out for Adi Hutter, he was out of work back then, he's now unobtainable, he's not leaving Monaco for our basket case club.

Another one I wanted in the summer was Diego Martinez, who is available. 

They both seem different, break the mold of the generic modern manager. They want front footed football, exciting, attacking, but the powers that be seem to want this dour, slow build up play by instruction

Fwiw, I don't think Enzo will be sacked, neither should he be, yet, but as the weeks go on since his outburst, threatening to leave, all he's done is create more questions than answers, done even less to appease the fans and stop the decline in form. The smiling and smirking in the interview yesterday did me also.

It's only a matter of time before this unfolds into the inevitable, whether the result is promotion or not and the club should always have a shortlist of 'next managers', unfortunately I think they'll continue down the route that we've seen with the insipid style of our last 3 (Not quite so much with Enzo but it's in the same realm, the principles are ultimately the same), that seems to be their remit, that's the direction of travel this football club finds itself in.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Back in the summer I wanted us to go all out for Adi Hutter, he was out of work back then, he's now unobtainable, he's not leaving Monaco for our basket case club.

Another one I wanted in the summer was Diego Martinez, who is available. 

They both seem different, break the mold of the generic modern manager. They want front footed football, exciting, attacking, but the powers that be seem to want this dour, slow build up play by instruction

Fwiw, I don't think Enzo will be sacked, neither should he be, yet, but as the weeks go on since his outburst, threatening to leave, all he's done is create more questions than answers, done even less to appease the fans and stop the decline in form. The smiling and smirking in the interview yesterday did me also.

It's only a matter of time before this unfolds into the inevitable, whether the result is promotion or not and the club should always have a shortlist of 'next managers', unfortunately I think they'll continue down the route that we've seen with the insipid style of our last 3 (Not quite so much with Enzo but it's in the same realm, the principles are ultimately the same), that seems to be their remit, that's the direction of travel this football club finds itself in.

We're more likely to get Adi Dassler's other brother, Bobby!

• Haha 1

If Enzo was to leave before the end of the season, which is highly unlikely, as it would mean a parting of the ways on Monday after the Norwich game, leaving 7 games to go, I really don’t think we would take a gamble like and that and also I ain’t convinced Top and Rudkin would be proactive enough to have somebody like Copper primed and ready to come in on say a 12 month rolling contract.

I think regardless what happens this season, Enzo is gone in the summer, I really do feel the true financial position was divulged until January and the trust and relationship is broken. 

if we don’t get promoted, it’s going to be completely different job and I would like to see us go for a young upcoming hungry manager who sees our club as an honour and privilege to manage our club, I have suggested Richie Wellens in another thread as I feel he not only plays decent football but he has done his apprenticeship at some challenging clubs and had some reasonable success. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

If Enzo was to leave before the end of the season, which is highly unlikely, as it would mean a parting of the ways on Monday after the Norwich game, leaving 7 games to go, I really don’t think we would take a gamble like and that and also I ain’t convinced Top and Rudkin would be proactive enough to have somebody like Copper primed and ready to come in on say a 12 month rolling contract.

I think regardless what happens this season, Enzo is gone in the summer, I really do feel the true financial position was divulged until January and the trust and relationship is broken. 

if we don’t get promoted, it’s going to be completely different job and I would like to see us go for a young upcoming hungry manager who sees our club as an honour and privilege to manage our club, I have suggested Richie Wellens in another thread as I feel he not only plays decent football but he has done his apprenticeship at some challenging clubs and had some reasonable success. 

I’d almost love this to happen just so we can resurrect the Blame Wellens threads 🤣

• Haha 1

We won’t be looking for anyone new till the summer, then we’ll be praying someone wants the job - considering we’ll be a team with no money, no players and a points deficit, languishing at the foot of the Championship and heading for the 3rd tier for the second time.

• Like 1

Just now, Daggers said:

We won’t be looking for anyone new till the summer, then we’ll be praying someone wants the job - considering we’ll be a team with no money, no players and a points deficit, languishing at the foot of the Championship and heading for the 3rd tier for the second time.

Give it Vardy till end of the season 

Guest J-FOX

This is the Rodgers argument all over again without benefiting from the known foresight of what is likely to happen should we keep this ideologue.

Enzo is finished at Leicester. Even if we were promoted, this stubborn naive - and totally boring - style of play will not cope in the Premier League. Act now.

17 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I think you're right pal

• Like 2